Did you enjoy this season?

James

Guest BooBoo

A brilliant year for the fans. I want to

man hug everyone that was there today and firmly put a Championship club in their place.

46 games played, Won 30, lost 4.

102 points (11 more than second place).

90 goals scored (more than any other team in the league).

35 goals conceeded (less than any other team in the league).

Undefeated at home.

Team morale much improved and players like Carroll showing a big improvement as the season went on.

:celb:

I have but I've found it difficult to get excited at times. A few times when we've been away from home in midweek, I've forgotten we were playing and that's never happened before. Didn't even realise our game today was underway until half time when I went on Bet365 to get on the 3pm kick offs as I thought they were.

I have but I've found it difficult to get excited at times. A few times when we've been away from home in midweek, I've forgotten we were playing and that's never happened before. Didn't even realise our game today was underway until half time when I went on Bet365 to get on the 3pm kick offs as I thought they were.

Good holiday mate? :)

Did something similar today, logged on here and there was a match thread on 2 pages and thought "oh yeah".

Good holiday mate? :)

Belting, thanks chap. :)

to be fair i've found it hard to get excited since bobby's penultimate season. it's not like we played decent football when we were struggling.

It's been fantastic, kind of like a holiday from the premiership :D

A detox you could say, now we're back from our hols, need to unpack and buy some new gear for the year ahead

Of course I fucking have. Had a couple of cracking away days this season too, always nice when you win.

edit: having said that, in some ways I enjoyed last season more.

Everyone enjoys it when the team is winning - also, for those visiting CCC grounds for the first time it was probably quite refreshing.

Nevertheless, being in the CCC is a backward step for a club like NUFC and success in the Prem is the ONLY way to judge a football club of Newcastle's size ; being a big fish in a small pond is just under-achieving.

Guest toonlass

After the long journey home from Villa Park I seriously thought I would be "meh" about this season. I didn't want to build my hopes up that we would do what we did in the league and win the whole damn thing, because I feared that we would end up like the Boro, and not even get into the playoffs. I was also a bit wary of how the players who decided to stay would play, if they would knuckle down and work hard. I have to say though, I have enjoyed just about every moment of this season, as I was walking down the stairs from Level 7 with my mate after the Ipswich game, we both said that the season had flown past. The away games have been fun, especially Peterbrough. The celebrations after the Forest game at home, the Plymouth game and the Ipswich game showed that this really did mean a lot to people. And it was lovely to have something to celebrate too after the Ipswich game, people might say "Ah its only the Championship/second division/whatever they want to call it" but seeing that we don't have an awful lot of use for Brasso it was such a great feeling to see an actual trophy lifted at St James Park for the first time in nigh on 20 years. Don't want to ever repeat it though, lol.

I just read something that I wrote the day we went down, saying how that I'd like nothing more in life than to pass Hull City and that cunt Phil Brown by on our way back up this time next year.

So... :celb::celb::celb::celb::celb::celb:

Mixed bag for me.

Obviously I've enjoyed winning, but at the same time, every win has been more of a relief than joy, there hasn't been that feeling of accomplishment that you should get from a win. As well as this, I haven't been able to follow us as well as I would have in the Premiership. A lot fewer games on tele (we get about 8-9 PL games a week on tele here), and too often I've had to follow on crappy bet365 streams because the channel that's had The Championship also had La Liga, which they prioritised. And then, of course, the highlights have been wank for the non-televised games.

Really looking forward to being able to catch almost every game next season.

Aye it's been good fun, but the novelty would soon ware off if we were down here for any longer. We've pissed the division, as we rightly should have. With the benefit of hindsight, we absolutely 100% should have come 1st - just as we absolutely 100% should have stayed up last season.

It's been marvellous winning so matches in one year, such a refreshing relief - and a real joy to see us have a bunch of players that's a cut above the rest. However, i think - the first game we win next season, whether or not it's against Wigan Athletic or Man Utd - it'll feel better than any single victory this year. The only time i've really gone bezerk this year was at home to Doncaster* - cos at that point it looked like the wheels were coming off, and the early promise was just a fake based on a decent start.

Fantastic winning so much but every single game this season, we should have won. Definitely enjoyed it though, it's been more fun than any season post-Bobby.

*aside from the 'special' goals; Jonas v Barnsley/Jose v Forest/Loven v WBA.

Guest Brummiemag

From a football point of view not really, because I mainly attend away games and the football has been generally poor away from home even though results have been good.

On the other hand its been great going to new grounds and towns and cities, visiting new pubs etc. I think the novelty value of visiting places like Scunthorpe would soon wear off though.

Can now look forward to visiting places like Stoke and Wigan again next season 

Guest Howaythetoon

I've enjoyed every moment of it and had some cracking away days, although I haven't went to as many home games as I would have liked due to work commitments. But otherwise it has been a memorable season on all fronts. When NUFC win I don't care who it is against or the level, the feeling is always the *same - special. I like many I imagine had fallen out of love with NUFC and the team over the last few years to the point of apathy but thanks to those players and the management staff who have shown a level of heart, commitment and determination to right a wrong in an unassuming, untriumphant way, I can start to feel the love coming back. We are not quite in bed together just yet but we are dating again. I'll miss the Championship as it has given me some great times and my club and its players a platform to build on. One thing I must add which I've noticed missing this season - the cynicism and ultra critical eye of the media and fans regarding all things black and white - which has helped our cause in my opinion. I'd like to think we can steer away from that way of thinking on our return to the top-flight but I don't know. I hope so because we need to remain grounded and realistic.

*Obviously when we play and beat the mackems the feeling is greater than against other sides.

Guest GAMMELL

Enjoyed apart from the Christmas period where I basically shat myself as I thought we were going to explode in spectacular fashion.

All in all, it was fucking larvly