Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

I aint seen much of the fella, tbh but if he is free and a scottish intrnational then i'd take him I'msure some other clubs that will be in the bottom end fo the prem like us would have em easily.  So yeah, go for it.

hope we dont get him .he is crap.

Silly.... This what everybody was use to say about Henrik Larsson. He prove them wrong even at wrong age...

Larsson was far more athletic and had much better technical ability.

It's not just about the amount of goals scored.

That said, in your position, he's probably worth a gamble on a free even though I'm not convinced he will do it in the Prem. You can always sell him on.

Apparently, Smith and his backroom staff have agreed contract extensions which means Boyd is happy to stay. Also, Rangers are about to get new owners so the uncertainty surrounding the future of the club seems to be diminishing.

Like many on here, I think he will be a liability due to his lack of pace, movement even though he has a knack of scoring goals against mediocre opposition. So, even if he does change his mind and leave Rangers, I hope it isnt to us.

Someone mentioned taking a chance on him and he might turn out to be a McCoist. If I remember rightly, McCoist was a failure at the makems and only made a name for himself in Scotland. I feel Boyd is similar and we need better, mobile and nippier forwards now.

Isn't his european record very poor? i know his old firm one is shocking.

You do know Boyd has only scored 3 goals in Europe?

Sweet jesus.

I hate to break it to you guys but we're not in Europe.

This would be a completely low risk signing.

A proven goalscorer is still a proven goalscorer, regardless of what level he's playing at.

Steven Fletcher was at one of the worst clubs in the PL last season and, considering the shite he was surrounded with on the pitch, managed to finish the season with a decent goal tally.

Boyd would absolutely be worth a punt on a free, give him the ball in and around the penalty area (which Jonas and Routledge should be capable off) and he knows where the goal is. I could perhaps understand the argument if he'd been at Rangers 4 years and scored 9-10 goals a season but he's been prolific.

Granted, his workrate may be a weakpoint but if he can score 10-12 goals a season I'd be more than happy for him to be a lazy bastard for 89 minutes if he comes up with the goods in front of goal and that could be the difference between us staying up and going down.

It really seems like the media stereotype of over-expectant and demanding Newcastle United fans is being proven here judging by some reaction to this rumour.

Isn't his european record very poor? i know his old firm one is shocking.

You do know Boyd has only scored 3 goals in Europe?

Sweet jesus.

I hate to break it to you guys but we're not in Europe.

This would be a completely low risk signing.

A proven goalscorer is still a proven goalscorer, regardless of what level he's playing at.

Steven Fletcher was at one of the worst clubs in the PL last season and, considering the shite he was surrounded with on the pitch, managed to finish the season with a decent goal tally.

Boyd would absolutely be worth a punt on a free, give him the ball in and around the penalty area (which Jonas and Routledge should be capable off) and he knows where the goal is. I could perhaps understand the argument if he'd been at Rangers 4 years and scored 9-10 goals a season but he's been prolific.

Granted, his workrate may be a weakpoint but if he can score 10-12 goals a season I'd be more than happy for him to be a lazy bastard for 89 minutes if he comes up with the goods in front of goal and that could be the difference between us staying up and going down.

It really seems like the media stereotype of over-expectant and demanding Newcastle United fans is being proven here judging by some reaction to this rumour.

:clap:

Wow ads classic case of missing the point

it's got fuck all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Can't believe I had to explain that

it's got fuck all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Who would you sign on our budget instead?

Aye, but as was mentioned in previous posts perhaps Boyd didn't get the service a poacher needs in those games to have a better tally than 3 goals. He's still a proven goalscorer.

Besides which, to say that SPL teams with the exception of Celtic are Championship standard or LESS is an unfair argument, there's no way of knowing that.

Guest Roger Kint

Seen this posted elsewhere, still not inclined to beleive him but its possible i guess:

I will send you the photo I had with Kris Boyd today and also show you the piece of paper he signed his autograph on aswell. Funny enough this picture very clearly shows ST JAMES PARK in the backround. so stop bulls**ting and accept hes leaving rangers for a better club. his words exactly was " I expect to sign something with Newcastle by the weekend I've spoken with the manager and the chairman and we're happy for things to go ahead it should be finalised by the weekend "

Sadly he makes it far less beleivable with the load of shite after that ie saying Wheater was in Newcastle yesterday and Ireland was at our training ground recently :mackems:

Guest toonlass

Absolutely Liam O. Boyd for a free would be a steal!

what's our budget?

EDIT: i'd go for a loan myself ahead of Boyd - have to agree that he's scored a lot of goals against shit up in Scotland, just don't see him cutting it...a lot might depend on the type of game we play though and how hughton expects him to fit into that, i.e. no point in loaning or signing a great technical striker if we're gonna be hoofing the ball up and looking for scraps in and around the box, in that case Boyd might be what the doctor ordered