Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The WC is a communal event though, a world wide event. It's supposed to bring us all together, in some small way. I'd much rather watch a WC game with a crowd rather than at home alone in my jammies.

I love how many people all of a sudden give a damn about the sport. Can't beat it.

Fucking women, weren't even watching. Then 'celebrated' the goal without looking at the screen.

One of my pet hates about the World Cup, people in pubs/Facebook who haven't got a fucking clue about football, acting like they're die-hard fans, screaming at anything and being annoying cunts.

Yeah, I had a much better time sitting in my own house watching it uninterrupted on glorious HD with only me shouting obscenities, it was great, and we won.

No more England pub games i think.

Did you then update your Facebook?

Facebook.  bluelaugh.gif

Chant of the tournament so far, courtesy of Millenium Square/Wetherspoons in Leeds:

"We love you Ghana, we do

we love you Ghana, we do

we love you Ghana, we do

oh Heskey looks like you"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't read much into Uruguay looking good against poor sides. They're nothing special.

Just a well organised team with one world class player. I'd be delighted if they got to the semi's like. Definitely my second team (if its possible to have one) in International football.

Guest kingdawson

Chant of the tournament so far, courtesy of Millenium Square/Wetherspoons in Leeds:

"We love you Ghana, we do

we love you Ghana, we do

we love you Ghana, we do

oh Heskey looks like you"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a ridiculously shit chant tbf.

Guest Brummiemag

What a great opportunity we have missed.

Had we won the group we would have played Ghana and then the winners of Uruguay v S Korea in the quarters. I can see USA reaching the semis

By finishing runners up we may have to play Germany, Argentina, Spain and Brazil to win the World Cup 

What a great opportunity we have missed.

Had we won the group we would have played Ghana and then the winners of Uruguay v S Korea in the quarters. I can see USA reaching the semis

By finishing runners up we may have to play Germany, Argentina, Spain and Brazil to win the World Cup 

Well at least it'd be the most epic world cup win ever then.

Hmmm... Ghana or the Yanks if we beat Uruguay.

"If" we beat Uruguay :facepalm:

Hope we both win, just for the awkward s*** talking here on the board.

Man, a Korean shit-talking an American about a World Cup quarterfinals match would be so off-putting... I wouldn't even know where to start.

Hmmm... Ghana or the Yanks if we beat Uruguay.

"If" we beat Uruguay :facepalm:

Hope we both win, just for the awkward s*** talking here on the board.

Man, a Korean shit-talking an American about a World Cup quarterfinals match would be so off-putting... I wouldn't even know where to start.

:lol: Neither do I.

Guest geordienorway

We'll walk it.

Germans are shite at the back (with the exception of Lahm).  If Ghana had someone who could finish then they'd have beaten Germany.

:lol:

He wasn't the problem. It was the main guy insisting we'd "forget about the 2 previous games if we won", and belittled Slovenia to the role of no-hopers, which would have sounded to someone watching who wasn't particularly clued up, that we should have thumped them 5-0 with ease.

Anyway, good performance on the whole with some excellent individual displays from the likes of Terry, Cole and Milner. Disappointing Rooney couldn't get his goal but there we go. Bring on the Joimans.

Wouldn't read much into Uruguay looking good against poor sides. They're nothing special.

As opposed to England looking dreadful against poor sides?

We still looked better today then Ghana have all tournement, we're inconsistent, Ghana are consistent...ly poor.

Really looking forward to that Germany-England game, fully expect that now you're through the group you'll be a much tougher side to deal with. Think in terms of winning the tournament out you've missed the boat though, too tough a path from here on in barring some serious shocks in other games making things easier for you.

Man I celebrated like a lunatic when the US scored for some reason. I wanted them to go through cos they're a much better side to watch than Slovenia but until the goal actually went in I had no idea that I actually wanted them to get through THAT much. :lol:

As opposed to England looking dreadful against poor sides?

We still looked better today then Ghana have all tournement, we're inconsistent, Ghana are consistent...ly poor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: