Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To change the subject slightly, tomorrow's games look really meh.

bullshit tbh

They do imo.

Algeria - Slovenia, rubbish

Ghana - Serbia, the most intriguing of the 3

Germany - Australia, Germany will win, game will suck.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

bullshit tbh

They do imo.

Well, the possibility of somebody winning the Slovenia v. Algeria match tomorrow makes that one fairly interesting.

Just got in... feeling good about the result. The Sassanchs should have probably done better but then Altidore's goal should have gone in as well.

Best of luck Engerland for the latter phases of the WC, especially against Germany in the next round. Penalties are hard.  :pow:

I thought we played well. Happy with the performance, annoyed with no finishing / dodgy goal.

My thoughts exactly. We were frustrating but we were clearly miles better than the septics and nobody could have argued if we'd won it by 3 goals. Our finishing needs to improve and we always look like conceeding at some point. But we're not far off being a good team, we'll be fine until the quarters. Anything can happen at that stage.

bullshit tbh

They do imo.

Algeria - Slovenia - our group

Ghana - Serbia - looks like a really even game between two good teams

Germany - Australia - chance of an upset

If you think a group of games like that looks bad, then you're not a football fan tbh

Wright Phillips was disgustingly poor and him (or Milner) being the first two choices down the left hand side makes the decision to leave Adam Johnson at home look even more questionable. I could have understood up to a point if Joe Cole were there but not taking a natural left winger is just bizarre to me when there's one there who is quality even if he is a bit raw. I'd even have taken Downing ahead of SWP.

just came on here to post the same. the collective 90 minutes provided by milner and SWP on the left was absolutely embarrasing, two performances as bad as any ive seen for england.

Got absolute faith in Capello in the long-term, but he fucked up tonight like. Starting Milner (a player who's won his seat on the plane following a season in the centre), bringing on SWP, keeping the forwards on as they were... all bad decisions in my opinion.

The wing issue just goes without saying iyam. Milner's not a right-winger, never mind a left one. SWP is too one-footed to play there too, and both let us down tremendously. No balance and no pinache down that wing; Joe Cole has to play on Friday.

As for up front... Heskey, individually, had an excellent game and played the role he was given incredibly efficiently - as he has done for the last two years with England. However, it was becoming more and more obvious that we needed to get Rooney into the game, and keeping him withdrawn was doing nothing for our chances. Bringing Crouch on was pointless if the 'last-ditch' plan was to pump it long. He isn't a target man; might aswell have kept Emile on cos he was playing that role perfectly well. So yeah, he should have switched around and shoved Rooney up on his own much sooner imo.

As for Green; total howler but he'll get over it. Rather now than the quarters or semis. It's lost us the two points today but, as frustrating a result as it is, it's not terminal.

It's a pretty fucking shite result on the whole, because bar one or two above-average attackers, USA are incredibly mediocre. Onyewu played the game of his fucking life and the rest of them were nothing more than simply solid. We still should have won the game at a canter, irrelative of the goalkeeping mistake.

The performance was reassuring but the result is a concern. Yes there were chances to be taken, but we still had more in our locker - on paper - to have peppered USA's goal in the second half, rather than mildly tickle it.

The team needs more balance and a kick up the arse. Incredibly early days but that game smacked of the typical underperforming of the last dozen years. Still fairly confident of a good tournament, though. Mistakes out the way early.

Onwards and upwards.

Capello will pay the price for swapping players around like they belong in a sticker book. The wingers don't have a clue. SWP is a utter disgrace of a footballer, what on earth is he doing on the pitch ahead of Joe Cole or even Adam Johnson? And Milner on the wing? :lol:

As for that strike partnership, enough said, if we reach the QFs i'll be surprised.

bullshit tbh

They do imo.

Algeria - Slovenia - our group

Ghana - Serbia - looks like a really even game between two good teams

Germany - Australia - chance of an upset

If you think a group of games like that looks bad, then you're not a football fan tbh

Pfft, I'm not saying I'm not interested - I'll still definitely watch them. I just don't find the match ups as intriguing as they have been so far (althought that might be a good thing considering the entertainment value of the other games).

Ghana - Serbia I'm looking forward to, but then there's less of an intrigue about both teams for me because I watched them in friendlies just last week.

Australia don't interest me at all and a Germany win will be boring.

Strangely, that was the best England performance I've seen in a while. They really should have won that. Frustrating that the HD went off just as Gerrard was scoring, I went completely mad haha. I dread to think whats gonna happen to Rob Green tomorrow though.

Keegan is a shocking pundit like, I don't think I could put up with it again.

But chin up, England will still finish top, so whether its 7 points or 9......its irrelevant.

Words can not describe how fucking angry I am now.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3158/102016654.jpg

:bluestar:

The moment where you suddenly realise that not only are literally tens of millions of people now going to think forever that you're a wanker, but also that you are, in fact, a wanker.

Words can not describe how f***ing angry I am now.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3158/102016654.jpg

:bluestar:

Fucking cockney fool. By far the better team and he goes and does that.

Getting mightily f***ed off with all the gloating Jock twats on Facebook, e.g.

That was sweet. A great start for England with a point against the mighty USA!

:rant: :rant: :rant:

Remind them that the might USA are ranked 14th by FIFA while the mighty Scotland are ranked 1 place below Gabon.  You'll probably need this link for them http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=gabon&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Gabon&z=6