The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Did Southampton not get docked points when their holding company entered administration?

It seems that the crucial difference was that, unlike West Ham, they weren't able to find a buyer who would take on the club's debts. Liverpool appear to be in the same position as West Ham. For now.

RAWK:

Quote from: WaltonRed on Today at 10:45:48 AM

I'm not impressed one bit.  :lol:

Looks like a case of out the frying pan into the fire to me.  The view around the office where I work (a large investment bank) is that he doenst have the equity needed to help us to compete and that he will struggle to borrow the money needed to build the stadium.

I have very very vibes about this.  :laugh2:

My guess is that Broughton and BarCap had expected to receive much more substantial bids from more substantial figures who are able to build the stadium and fulfil the other criteria set out back in May (or whenever it was).  That hasnt materialized and worried about Hicks possibly refinancing they are jumping into the bed with the first person who has £300M cash, and ignoring the fact that he cannot invest in the squad, cannot build the new stadium and cannot take the club forward.

I think its a panic move which we will live to regret bitterly.  :razz:

NOTE:  I am NOT saying he is the same as G&H as I DONT think he is buying us with borrowed money that he will put against the club.  He is not evil like G&H.  My concern is that he simply doesnt have big or deep enough pockets to be able to help us compete with the big boys.  With him in charge we wont hurtle towards relegation as we are currently doing but we will end up becoming a mid table team with no hope of a new stadium and no hope of building a squad to match that of our rivals.  Its a buy that will improve what we have but will leave us a long way from where we could be - or woudl have been had we sold to DIC in 2007.

The common consensus in 2007 was that Liverpool needed to sell to rich owners because it was the only way of building a new stadium (we arent Arsenal with the ability to sell hundreds of flat at £1M a pop) and keeping in touch with the bigger clubs.

As we know we did the opposite and ended up owing hundreds of millions.

This sale will "merely" take us back to where we were in 2007.  We will still not have a stadium (and no promise of one), we will still be miles behind our rivals and we will still need to be incredibly lucky in the transfer market / home grown arena to compete.  Now compared to G&H thats luxury but I think its worth stopping and considering what this means: in my opinion this will make us a Top 10 club but not a Top 4 club.  Now thats better than where G&H are taking us but IF we want to be more than that these are NOT the right owners.

Plus, FWIW, our legal team reckon that G&H have got a very arguable case that he doesnt fit the requirements we publicly set out in May that ht new owner had to be able to fund a new stadium and invest in the squad.  They reckon that we will win on not being able to replace Purlsow and Ayres but might lose on the fact that this sale does not benefit Liverpool Football Club according to our own previously stated requirements.

Ha ha, I thought it might not be simple.

Does a buyer exist who is going to take on the club's debt AND build a stadium? I doubt it.

I know it's been debated before, but it is complete, utter, total madness that both Liverpool and Everton need new stadiums but will not ground share. There may be protests, but people will soon get used to the idea.

I assume that the block until now is that Liverpool have felt that they are the bigger club and that the deal would therefore benefit Everton more than them. It looks like it's time to re-consider that particular idea.

Does a buyer exist who is going to take on the club's debt AND build a stadium? I doubt it.

I know it's been debated before, but it is complete, utter, total madness that both Liverpool and Everton need new stadiums but will not ground share. There may be protests, but people will soon get used to the idea.

I assume that the block until now is that Liverpool have felt that they are the bigger club and that the deal would therefore benefit Everton more than them. It looks like it's time to re-consider that particular idea.

indeed. Even more so as the Stanley Park development would mean neither would need to move.

Would we like to stadium share with the Mackems in Washington or Gateshead..!??

Would we like to stadium share with the Mackems in Washington or Gateshead..!??

Bit of a difference really, we are 10 miles away from Sunderland and vise versa.

I have never been a betting man, but would be very interested in the odds of Liverpool being relegated. I want to put some money down on this. There i sjust this eerily similar vibe to our relegation season. Just in case a disaster happens i want to get rich off of it.

SSN report New England Sports Ventures - owners of Boston Red Sox - one of the bidders. Amercian sports team owners .. that should cheer #LFC fans.

Nice, any money they sink into Liverpool is less money going to the Sox.

It would be less confusing for newer members if the Liverpool thread wasn't given it's title based on an inside joke.

No real wonder people keep creating new threads.

Parky vs. Roy doesn't give too much away. Nor does it make any sense. I'm sure the majority of Parky's family refuse to acknowledge his existence never mind Roy Hodgson.

Just saying.

Wondered why there wasnt a thread on Liverpool considering their plight. Can't say I have much sympathy considering the way everyone went on when we were relegated. Fuck them I say.

No way they go down.. it way to early in the season for league position to count for anything. They have a pair of twat owners but they will sell the club, I just do not see what all the fuss is about there to be honest.

No way they go down.. it way to early in the season for league position to count for anything. They have a pair of t*** owners but they will sell the club, I just do not see what all the fuss is about there to be honest.

They've had a bad start and the fans cant take it.

Probably the best owners in all of sport, imo. Their track record with the Red Sox is extremely, extremely impressive.

They'll respect the history of the club, they'll have a plan to develop the stadium and increase revenue, they'll have a coherent, logical strategy to develop the club which would include not interfering with the manager/football-men and they'll not be total cunts in the way that many, many other owners are.

They're really an ideal ownership group. Liverpool have lucked out, big time.

Probably the best owners in all of sport, imo. Their track record with the Red Sox is extremely, extremely impressive.

They'll respect the history of the club, they'll have a plan to develop the stadium and increase revenue, they'll have a coherent, logical strategy to develop the club which would include not interfering with the manager/football-men and they'll not be total cunts in the way that many, many other owners are.

They're really an ideal ownership group. Liverpool have lucked out, big time.

They done much outside of US sports?