The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Unfortunately, that is the depressingly predictable result of wearing those t-shirts.

what?:lol:

It's simple.

Liverpool react to one of their players racially abusing an opponent by wearing t-shirts with his name on.

Liverpool then make an "us v them" issue of the whole thing, whch is taken by some fucking retarded idiots as meaning actually, racism isn't that bad at all.

That's why it was such a reckless thing to do.

Unfortunately, that is the depressingly predictable result of wearing those t-shirts.

I think what he's getting at is Liverpool's disgusting way of handling it has basically told the even more retarded than usual section of Liverpool support that it's okay to do things like that prick up there in the picture. Through the t shirts, the conspiracy theories, the persecution complex, they're essentially telling the fans that they can do whatever they want and expect that they shouldn't get in trouble. And that's what's pissed me off the most about this. Liverpool's non-action towards their own player's racism has effectively opened the floodgates. Let's not forget shit like Twitter warriors 'facing' up to Collymore since this. Such a disgusting club, one of the few I would genuinely smile at if it ever went over. Fuck the club, fuck the fans. :dontknow:

That's what I meant ^^ except explained much better than my attempt.

Guest bimpy474

I thought that Carroll for Tevez swap deal was made up stuff, its just splodged across the SSN news ticker thing, are Racistpool that thick.

I think what he's getting at is Liverpool's disgusting way of handling it has basically told the even more retarded than usual section of Liverpool support that it's okay to do things like that prick up there in the picture. Through the t shirts, the conspiracy theories, the persecution complex, they're essentially telling the fans that they can do whatever they want and expect that they shouldn't get in trouble. And that's what's pissed me off the most about this. Liverpool's non-action towards their own player's racism has effectively opened the floodgates. Let's not forget shit like Twitter warriors 'facing' up to Collymore since this. Such a disgusting club, one of the few I would genuinely smile at if it ever went over. Fuck the club, fuck the fans. :dontknow:

That's what I meant ^^ except explained much better than my attempt.

Except reading over it again, I don't know what the fuck 'went over' is supposed to mean.  :mike:

yeah i knew what he meant wormy, it's just a load of shite

I agree with Brummie, if Liverpool dealt with the incident sensibly and did not do the t-shirts, crappy club statement, cry conspiracy, attack Evra etc, would this twat have done this gesture or would that Oldham player have been racially abused? I think not

It's beyond obvious that their lack of apology has paid lip service to the idiots, baffles me that anyone could even argue against it.

everyone has lost their minds over this whole thing, including the anti-liverpool brigade imo

all sense of perspective went out the window ages back on both sides

Liverpool apologise after website video shows alleged racist gesture

Page last updated at 18:10 GMT, Monday, 30 January 2012

Liverpool have apologised after video footage of an alleged racist gesture by a fan was shown on their website.

Highlights of Saturday's FA Cup tie against Manchester United, featuring the incident, were still available to view more than 48 hours after the game.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC told BBC Sport: "We can confirm that footage was mistakenly included in the highlights package that appeared on the website.

"It should not have been included and we are sorry it happened."

The spokesman added: "It was removed immediately when it was brought to our attention."

Saturday's FA Cup match was the first time that the two teams had met since the clash between Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez at Anfield in October.

Suarez was subsequently banned for eight games by the Football Association, who found him guilty of racially abusing Evra.

Police officers reviewed TV footage from Anfield after images were posted on Twitter of a man making an alleged racist gesture.

A 58-year-old man from Barmouth in Gwynedd, North Wales, was arrested on Saturday evening.

On Sunday night, a Merseyside Police spokeswoman said: "A 58-year-old man from north Wales, who was arrested on suspicion of a racially-aggravated public order offence yesterday following the Liverpool and Manchester United match, has been released on police bail pending further inquiries."

The video footage on Liverpool's website compounds a difficult few months for the club following widespread criticism over how the Suarez case was handled by the club and the arrest of a fan following the FA Cup third-round tie against Oldham Athletic on 6 January.

On that occasion a 20-year-old man from Aintree, Merseyside, was arrested, and then later bailed, on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence following alleged racist abuse directed towards Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

Liverpool issued a statement after the game expressing that they were "deeply sorry" for what happened and they would "continue to take the strongest possible action against unacceptable behaviour during our matches".

The club have reiterated their stance that anyone found guilty of committing an offence will be banned for life.

It's beyond obvious that their lack of apology has paid lip service to the idiots, baffles me that anyone could even argue against it.

everyone has lost their minds over this whole thing, including the anti-liverpool brigade imo

it's not coincidence that a spate of racist abuse on twitter directed at the likes of collymore, the racial abuse of an oldham player and now this fool doing monkey chants has happened now. unless you actually think it IS a huge coincidence?

Guest Chubby Jason

The club have reiterated their stance that anyone found guilty of committing an offence will be banned for life.

Apart from the players.

only the good players

Don't really see how that relates to what I'm saying unless you're proposing I've lost my mind?