The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Think they've blown it now. I reckon this is Rodgers' peak too, for some reason, fancy him to be gone by this time next year.

I couldnt fancy that happening less. He's a solid manager & he's achieved a huge amount of progression for them v quickly. He'll be fine for a while i'd imagine.

Guest bimpy474

Think we'll leave it there, i smell a whiff of condescension in the air.

Never.

Damn i was hoping to get a bigger bite :lol: Too clever for me.

There is surely an age thing going on with respect to Liverpool. It's not a total, black or white thing, it is more blurred than that, but I think it is safe to say that, largely, opinions differ on the basis of how old you are.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Liverpool winning absolutely everything, with their fucking horrible glory hunting wanker fans in your face all the time, with the media ejaculating over them year after year. I know this is what has happened with Man United in recent years, but honestly, I still think it was worse with Liverpool.

Over that period, they were also the single luckiest club ever. If there was ever a bit of luck to be had, it went their way (Michael Thomas excepted), it was fucking horrible, year after year.

I don't like teams buying silverware to the extent of the utterly artificial Manchester City, or the truly despicable Chelsea (at least with City, you can say their fans were alright before they had money, Chelsea's fans were utter cunts for decades before their windfall), but genuinely, I would rather either of those clubs won the league than Liverpool.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league this year, next year, or any year. Especially not with that cunt Gerrard still there, but even that is only a minor contributing factor.

Liverpool are fucking horrible, and have been for decades. I don't want that nauseating sycophancy coming back, not ever.

There is surely an age thing going on with respect to Liverpool. It's not a total, black or white thing, it is more blurred than that, but I think it is safe to say that, largely, opinions differ on the basis of how old you are.

I grew up in the 70s and 80s with Liverpool winning absolutely everything, with their fucking horrible glory hunting wanker fans in your face all the time, with the media ejaculating over them year after year. I know this is what has happened with Man United in recent years, but honestly, I still think it was worse with Liverpool.

Over that period, they were also the single luckiest club ever. If there was ever a bit of luck to be had, it went their way (Michael Thomas excepted), it was fucking horrible, year after year.

I don't like teams buying silverware to the extent of the utterly artificial Manchester City, or the truly despicable Chelsea (at least with City, you can say their fans were alright before they had money, Chelsea's fans were utter cunts for decades before their windfall), but genuinely, I would rather either of those clubs won the league than Liverpool.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league this year, next year, or any year. Especially not with that cunt Gerrard still there, but even that is only a minor contributing factor.

Liverpool are fucking horrible, and have been for decades. I don't want that nauseating sycophancy coming back, not ever.

Fucking A-men.

Spot on, they're arseholes. :thup:

Fucking A-men.

Spot on, they're arseholes. :thup:

Amen to that.

Really is surprising to see people with such an enthusiasm of them winning the league. Their fans are truly insufferable and the media will never, ever let us hear the end of it. The regular full playings of YNWA and Gerrard "he'll finally win the league" obsession are already apparent. Him falling on his own arse and handing Chelsea the win was glorious to watch.

Martin Tyler sounded absolutely horrified today and made every Liverpool attack sound like the beckoning of a glorious new era. Glad Chelsea won if only to shut the senile old cunt up.

Oh and I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but the hilarity of Chelsea scoring in first half stoppage time - time that they themselves added on due to their incessant time wasting - will not grow old anytime soon.

An awful lot are happy with the idea of us letting Man City win next week. Of course it's not quite so simple in practice as I don't think we'll allow our players to literally put in a half-arsed performance. I personally struggle to get my head around the idea of my team not giving 100% in order to screw over our rivals. But I can understand why some feel that way.

Personally, I actually think Man City will win regardless, given that 4th is now out of reach after that pitiful sack of shite at Southampton yesterday.

Personally, I actually think Man City will win regardless, given that 4th is now out of reach after that pitiful sack of shite at Southampton yesterday.

Aye, loads of injuries too. [/pards]

Any goodwill I'd gained for Liverpool winning the league was ruined by Martin Tyler, MotD, etc. If they win it, it'll be intolerable.

DJERAWHHHHD? Oh no it's almost hit the corner flag

DJERAWHHHHD? Oh no not this time

f*** Martin Tyler. Absolutely loved it when Ba scored. Just wish Willian would have squared it back to Torres so he could have driven the stake in even deeper. How sweet it would be to finally get payback for 1996. I'd tolerate Al Pards and his lying toilet of a face for one day if we somehow spoil it for them.

Objectively speaking, Liverpool have played the best football out of the top teams this season and IMO they "deserve" to win the league for their attacking play. Nowt wrong with the way Mourinho set up either. It's not like Liverpool didnt have chances. They did and their finishing was utter w***. Schwarzer made a couple of great saves from Allen and Suarez, but that was it. Mourinho had every right to celebrate the way he did at the end after them parading Luis Garcia before kick-off, which was obviously a move to gaud him.

f*** me, I'm not one for Mourinho usually, and I have wanted Liverpool to win it of late, but I've changed my mind too thanks to the media wankfest. The way many a scouser took joy in our demise after the 4-3, and when we went down, I thought I would never forget. I've just been reminded. f*** off.

Yep. Abso-fucking-lutely.

Any goodwill I'd gained for Liverpool winning the league was ruined by Martin Tyler, MotD, etc. If they win it, it'll be intolerable.

Yup.

I don't actually have anything against the club or fans anymore but the media would be unbearable.

That isn't Liverpool's fault tbf but doesn't mean i have to like it.

:thup:

Bang on.

I find it hilarious how they had all of the old boys there yesterday, everything geared up for a huge celebration, I bet that twat Tyler had his 'GERRRRRRRRRRRRRRAARRRRRRD' lines all set up and ready, probably been practicing them in the mirror for the last month and then they got rinsed.

I don't give a shit who wins the league so long as it's not these cunts.