The Liverpool Thread

Parky

"If fourth place was gone we wouldn't be here. You're assuming that it's gone, but we aren't," Dalglish told Sky Sports News HD.

"We will try to get as much as we possibly can from every game that we are in. If we have to play the kids, then we will play the kids, it's not a problem."

I understand telling the players that it's all there to fight for, but specifically talking about 4th place at this stage. :lol: And what the fuck is the kids bit about? Is he effectively telling the same players that he's championing for 4th place that if they don't buck their ideas up they're getting replaced by the kids? :lol:

Hope they finish below Swansea.

Why? Will just make it a 'Top 8' then.

Thinking of this, do you think they genuinely would make it a 'Top x' until one of the 'top' teams dropped out of the top 10?

Hope they finish below Swansea.

Why? Will just make it a 'Top 8' then.

Thinking of this, do you think they genuinely would make it a 'Top x' until one of the 'top' teams dropped out of the top 10?

They would just make it the "Big 11" then.

Absolutely s*** goalkeeping for it mind. Paddy Kenny ducks!

Not a massive fan of those types of goals anyway. Same goes for Rooney's against Man City last season. There's quite a bit of luck involved. If you gave Rooney or Coates 100 of them to hit in a row 95 of them would probably be scuffed or skied over the bar. Goals like Ben Arfa's against Blackburn or delicate lobs are far better imo.

You can hypothesise with '95 in 100'-type stats, but Coates done it 1 in 1 and it was a f***ing tremendous finish. Going by what you've said, there's an element of luck in every single goal. The technique on that occasion was still absolutely perfect, even if he attempted it again a million times and missed.

Won't disagree that Ben Arfa's was better, though. :pow:

My argument is that most people who play football at any level (sunday league whatever) could score a goal similar to Coates given enough opportunities. Eventually one will just connect right. However, most people could score a goal which involves dribbling the ball round half the opposing team.

It's a fair point, but almost anyone can hit a 25 or 30-yard blast in the top corner too, does that make those goals less special?

Yeah exactly. I'm not saying they're not good goals or anything but goals like Coates, Tiotes against Arsenal, Cisse against Villa etc are nothing compared to those which players like Messi score. I'm probably just being miserable mind.  :lol:

"If fourth place was gone we wouldn't be here. You're assuming that it's gone, but we aren't," Dalglish told Sky Sports News HD.

"We will try to get as much as we possibly can from every game that we are in. If we have to play the kids, then we will play the kids, it's not a problem."

:spit:

Wow :facepalm: :lol:

The epitome of delusion. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233445870_ae19b02.gif

Hotlinking!

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233445870_ae19b02.gif

Hotlinking!

I believe, what he meant to say, was...

http://i.imgur.com/iQOsM.gif

Wow :facepalm: :lol:

The epitome of delusion. 

Equally deluded Liverpool fans will say that its great as he's showing they never give up. Shankly's aim for the sky bullshit will be quoted as well no doubt. In reality he SHOULD have said "4th, unfortunately is out of the question this year. Things haven't gone as well for us in the league this year, however, we did win a cup, are in with a good shout for another cup and our aim with regard to the league is simple to finish as high as possible then push on next year and try and break back into the top four". Not that anyone would understand the accent anyway.

I understand telling the players that it's all there to fight for, but specifically talking about 4th place at this stage. :lol: And what the fuck is the kids bit about? Is he effectively telling the same players that he's championing for 4th place that if they don't buck their ideas up they're getting replaced by the kids? :lol:

Sounds like it doesnt it, hasn't he already used the 'some of them don't know what it means to wear a liverpool shirt' excuse once already this season?

I quite liked this post:

I read this for a couple of hours last night. I found it mesmerising. There's fellas in here posting page after page of bile, moaning that they aren't allowed to moan on RAWk. There's fellas who helped hound out Rafa preaching loyalty to "King Kenny," and the Liverpool Way. There's fellas who leathered a young Lucas, saying we're f***ed without him and leathering into Henderson. It really is mindboggling.

There was a time we got p*ssed off, had a moan, and carried on supporting. I'm not being some aul arse Uber fan. I haven't been to a match in 2 seasons. s*** like this drove me away. It wasn't all trophies in my day. I've supported LFC for 50 years, about half of that they were great, the other half not so great. What we didn't do was start screaming for heads to roll and turn on each other.

Shankly said we were like a big family. I'd hate to be a brother of most in here and make a mistake. It's sad to see how our fan base has gone, but I've found meself sat here, laughing at most of this.

I don't expect it to ever change. It's just the way it is. I agree with AL555. It's in some of the players too. It's not just some kids throwing wobblers on the internet. It's just how it is now. I know plenty of aul fellas it's rubbed off on, and plenty of kids that support in the old traditional way. But sadly, the armchair experts and dummy spitters are becoming the majority.

Oh well, time's change.

Superb post. Fantastic. It's exactly how I feel about us.