The Liverpool Thread

Parky

It's so transparent how much Brendan is trying to curry favour with both Gerrard and the Liverpool support.

I think if Gerrard walked into Melwood this morning and asked Brendan to suck him off, Rodgers would have those new teeth round Stevie Gee's helmet quicker then Gerrard could get to the second line of The Anfield Rap.

Gerrard was abysmal, one moment of quality aside. He was a total passenger for most of the game, but Liverpool fans will refuse to believe that. Lost count of the times he lost the ball.

When he scored I was dreading a Liverpool winning goal, because the fap-fest over him would have been absolutely unbearable.

He was absolutely shite last night bar the free kick, he just doesn't have the influence on the game anymore.

Suarez should look on them this season and be proud of what he did last season, how high he elevated them. Incredible really. We knew he carried them, but it wasn't clear as to what extent.

Sturridge actually won them more points than Suarez did last season, most of his goals led directly to points.

His injury has definitely had a huge impact, above all else though I think Rodgers has lost confidence in himself. He looks scared to make decisions and is horribly negative at the moment.

A lot like Pardew really, but of course the football on display is quite a lot different. But from a pure mental stand point they are sharing some similar traits at the moment.

Their defence, and especially in the central areas is laughable. The number of goals they have conceded from weakness in that area should be alarming to them and their supporters. 20 million on Lovren was an absolute waste, and you didn't need to be a genius to work that out.

How a waster like Glen Johnson, an erratic Martin Skrtel and a has-been Gerard continue to start almost every minute in every competition is a joke.

I also love a little anfield implosion and hope the yanks somehow bankrupt them with all that wasted cash going down the drain. Fortunately for them they sold Suarez to offset all this waste.

Rodgers has completely bottled it.

Starting a midfield with Allen, Henderson, Gerrard and Lucas at home against Basel was crazy when they had to win.

They really only needed two of those four, and Coutinho absolutely had to start. They really did look like a typical Newcastle side under Pardew yesterday.

Coutinho has been benched for ages in the prem! Don't think he'll be starting this weekend. Rodgers is panicking big time.

What could have been bigger than getting through to the knockout stages of the Champions League?

Basel are not some great team either. Coutinho would have been a threat.

A lot like Pardew really, but of course the football on display is quite a lot different.

Not totally different. The lack of movement and purpose on the ball is identical.

He's gone back to his football by possession/death tactics and it's failed horribly. That's the problem. They are still defending like last season but they don't press or attack in the same manner.

Pressing from the front talks a lot of balls too. It's Suarez natural game but it isn't Brendans. Sturridge's pace does wonders for that team. Suddenly Gerrard can clip an early ball into space and turn defenders. Space opens for Henderson etc.

You look at some of these signings. Balo, Lallana, Lambert - they don't really strike me as high pressing players. I know two of those did it under Poch but I don't think it's in their natural make-up.

20m's for 20 year-old lad with only 1 season in Portugal? Wow. Markovic looked a real baller last season but he was never going to hit the ground running in a team struggling for identity.

Brendan's struggling for identity.

Loving Liverpool's relative poor season. There's a few vocal Liverpool fans in work that were smug as fuck last season, they are lost for words now and back to being more humble about their prospects.

If they didn't sign Ballotelli and stuck with Remy they would be doing a lot better right now.

Its fair to say that Enrique has been 'Brenderd' (Pardewed)

Rodgered. He's been on the receiving end of a good Rodgering.

:lol: :thup:

Who looks at the name 'Brendan Rodgers' and says Brenderd ffs.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Doug+life_72baca_3963736.jpg