The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Shearer wasn't appointed as a result of some kind of fan campaign though, same goes for Keegan the second time around, whereas I seem to recall there actually were loads of Liverpool fans calling for Dalglish to be manager.

Indeed. Both appointments came completely out of the blue. Nobody but the mong brigade was calling for the appointments, but naturally everyone was pretty happy after the fact simply because we were essentially managerless on both occasions.

Ok, they've blamed almost everyone except tomato sucking a lemon face, at some point they must realise the problem, right?

It's like Japanese honour, they will never say it. More likely for the Kop to perform Seppuku than accept Dalglish is the problem

I'm still prepared for bottling it in the semi final. As that's what we do most times against them.

Liverpool in awful form, they're vulnerable. So we get beat 3-0.

'Tis the hope we cling to …

Ok, they've blamed almost everyone except tomato sucking a lemon face, at some point they must realise the problem, right?

It's like Japanese honour, they will never say it. More likely for the Kop to perform Seppuku than accept Dalglish is the problem

Hopefully the owners won't be so blinded by the past. As the Glazers' tenure at Man Utd and H&G's at Liverpool have shown, fans don't have much of a say and even less effect on what happens.

Our recent form looks to me like the players have lost confidence in Kenny and are showing it on the pitch. They'll probably make a good show of the Cup, but not in the league.

All created by mostly members of this forum, we are the new Newcastle, I.E the laughing stock of the Premier League. This is what happens when you give fans power, they flush the club down the toilet on a epic level, fan power is the worst virus in this club, they wanted Kenny Dalglish as manager and due to the owners wanting to be liked when they first came in, they caved in like cowards. Same thing happened at Newcastle with Alan Shearer and this same forum mocked those set of fans.

No sane logical fan of this club wanted Kenny Dalglish, how on earth could you expect him to come back after so long out the game and seriously take this club on for next 10yrs etc....

It's not Kennys fault, it's not the owners, it's not even players, it's down to 90% of the "super fan" supporters of this club. In reality KD reign will be remembered alongside Roy Hodgson's reign, that is the reality whether these super fans want to admit, and the bigger reality is hes made a even worst go at it than Roy, cause Roy never wasted or had the chance to spend 100 million on what is in reality pure shite.

One must try not to have the attitude of "i told you so" at times like this, but i said at the time

Kenny being manager was a bad move

Henderson signing for 20m was ridiculous

Carrol for 35m is the worst transfer in the premier league history

This club last 12 months has made fuck up after fuck up, it is down to the majority of the fans who wanted Kenny, who wanted X amount of money to be spent just for sake of it  instead of waiting for the right players.

I don't give a crap what abuse i get for this post but you all know it is right, Kenny is making Roy look like a genius. All this has all proved is what a amazing job Rafa actually did, again driven out the club by the majority of fans.

Fan power is the worst thing at this club, and sadly it will carry on as super fans will demand Kenny stays in charge until we are bottom of the league, then the players will still get the blame or maybe even the owners. Ridiculous, and whilst he is in charge im pasted caring anymore.

Carry on wearing your rose tinted glasses super fans.

Link, to observe following meltdown?

Shearer wasn't appointed as a result of some kind of fan campaign though, same goes for Keegan the second time around, whereas I seem to recall there actually were loads of Liverpool fans calling for Dalglish to be manager.

Yep, spot on. Shearer's appointment came out of the blue - and Keegan wouldn't have been considered had he not hinted at it on sky sports. even then it was a big surprise, and he had only been out of management for less than 3 years.

whereas they were chanting dalglish's name en masse months before hodgson was sacked. at that point dalglish was sailing around the Gulf, having been out of premier league management for 13 years (with an ill judged stint in the mickey mouse league 11 years earlier being his last taste of football). yet they're holding us up as a comparison, and even that was from one of the more sensible ones!

From RAWK, interesting read:

All created by mostly members of this forum, we are the new Newcastle, I.E the laughing stock of the Premier League. This is what happens when you give fans power, they flush the club down the toilet on a epic level, fan power is the worst virus in this club, they wanted Kenny Dalglish as manager and due to the owners wanting to be liked when they first came in, they caved in like cowards. Same thing happened at Newcastle with Alan Shearer and this same forum mocked those set of fans.

No sane logical fan of this club wanted Kenny Dalglish, how on earth could you expect him to come back after so long out the game and seriously take this club on for next 10yrs etc....

It's not Kennys fault, it's not the owners, it's not even players, it's down to 90% of the "super fan" supporters of this club. In reality KD reign will be remembered alongside Roy Hodgson's reign, that is the reality whether these super fans want to admit, and the bigger reality is hes made a even worst go at it than Roy, cause Roy never wasted or had the chance to spend 100 million on what is in reality pure shite.

One must try not to have the attitude of "i told you so" at times like this, but i said at the time

This club last 12 months has made fuck up after fuck up, it is down to the majority of the fans who wanted Kenny, who wanted X amount of money to be spent just for sake of it  instead of waiting for the right players.

I don't give a crap what abuse i get for this post but you all know it is right, Kenny is making Roy look like a genius. All this has all proved is what a amazing job Rafa actually did, again driven out the club by the majority of fans.

Fan power is the worst thing at this club, and sadly it will carry on as super fans will demand Kenny stays in charge until we are bottom of the league, then the players will still get the blame or maybe even the owners. Ridiculous, and whilst he is in charge im pasted caring anymore.

That's a load of balls that. Kenny was a perfectly sensible caretaker appointment at the time, and he did well enough to justify being given a crack at the job permanently. There's absolutely no pressing need to get shot of him right now (we're already in the only European competition we're going to get into, and we're not getting relegated).

There's no evidence whatsoever that the owners are in the slightest bit sensitive to what the fans think. We'll maybe find that out this summer.

Personally, I'd like to see him moved back upstairs in the summer and Rafa given his job back.

People always blame the fans in situations like that, it's as if they're actually in charge of appointments. The owner and people running the club need to be smart enough to make the right decisions for the club. In a weird way, Ashley is almost proving he can do this.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1043925/the-fifth-official:-red-letter-day-for-toon,-mayor-mancini?cc=5901

A football farce

But in this weekend of meltdowns, there is only place to start as Kenny Dalglish served up more entertainment for the folk of Tyneside in 90 minutes on Sunday than he did in the entirety of his miserable spell in charge of the club back in the late 90s. This was a public humiliation of epic proportions, as a baying mob lanced the boil on years of frustration and lapped up every last strand of despair to befall the King. It was a stage show farce so acutely amusing it should get its own three-month run on Broadway.

This is the man who signed two of Newcastle's best players for a combined sum of £41 million last year but now trails them by 11 points in the table. Chief protagonist, of course, was Andy Carroll, a man so bereft of confidence he has now taken to falling over instead of taking his chances at rolling the ball into an empty net from ten yards. His feckless flop got him a rocket from the gaffer that sold him before the home fans saluted his substitution like a Papiss Cisse goal. Kenny's reward for hauling Carroll off was a bucket of sweary language. Word has it Carroll was actually aiming to head for the bench but missed and ended up striding down the tunnel instead.

But the final, gloriously funny act was still to come as a bewildered Kenny wandered onto the playing field after Pepe Reina's Eskimo kiss with James Perch only to be told to sit down and shut up by an irate Steven Gerrard. Reina staggered back onto the pitch to offer out "Perchinho" and bestow an oversized jersey and pair of gloves on Jose Enrique who sheepishly trudged into nets as 50,000 half-naked Geordies sang at him "You should have stayed at a big club."

An even heartier rendition of "You're getting sacked in the morning," bookended a desperate day at the office for a club that have now, beyond all doubt, become a laughing stock.

:lol:

I still can't quiet believe how much they spent on Carroll, Henderson and Downing.

He's been out of the game for so long it's not that hard to imagine.  It's like some 15 year old kid buying weed for the first time.

"A dime bag?  Does $30 sound about right?"

That's a load of balls that. Kenny was a perfectly sensible caretaker appointment at the time, and he did well enough to justify being given a crack at the job permanently. There's absolutely no pressing need to get shot of him right now (we're already in the only European competition we're going to get into, and we're not getting relegated).

There's no evidence whatsoever that the owners are in the slightest bit sensitive to what the fans think. We'll maybe find that out this summer.

Personally, I'd like to see him moved back upstairs in the summer and Rafa given his job back.

Sweet, put him in charge of transfers :thup:

Ten facts to put Liverpool's dismal league campaign into context

1 If the Premier League had started on New Year's Day, Liverpool, with eight points from 12 games, would be 19th in the table, with only Wolverhampton Wanderers below

2 Liverpool are 16 points off fourth place and entry into next season's Champions League qualifiers, their stated aim at the start of this campaign. They are closer to the relegation zone, being only 14 points ahead of 18th-placed Queens Park Rangers

3 Liverpool have lost six of their last seven league games. The last time they endured such a poor run of form was in 1953-54, when they were relegated

4 1953-54 was also the last time Liverpool had such a poor points per game ratio in the top flight (correcting the discrepancy of the old two-points-for-a-win system). Liverpool's current points per game ratio is a lowly 1.35, 42 points in 31 games

5 Liverpool's goals per game ratio is 1.16, 36 goals in 31 games, making this Liverpool team the least frequent scorers since the 1991-92 season under Graeme Souness

6 Liverpool have never had a season in which both their points and goal per game ratios were so low. The closest is 1923-24, when they recorded 41 points in 42 games (0.98) and 49 goals (1.17)

7 Liverpool's home form has been particularly poor, winning only five of their 15 games at Anfield, or 33%. Again we need to go back to 1953-54 for the last time when they won so few, seven of 21 in the relegation season

8 Liverpool's goal difference is +3. Liverpool have not had such a low goal difference at the end of a season since 1964-65, when it stood at -6

9 Liverpool's top scorer in the league is Luis Suárez, with seven goals in 26 games. Only once in the Premier League era have Liverpool gone through a season without one of their players reaching double figures in league goals, 2004-05 when Milan Baros scored nine times

10 2004-05 was also the only Premier League season in which Liverpool finished below Everton in the table. But Everton, in seventh, currently sit one place and one point above Liverpool

Source

Don't even care if it's already been posted [/badass]

That's it keep the blinkers on. Just bear in mind I was saying this would happen even last year when you lot were going through your honeymoon period. No one likes someone who says i told you so...but since I'm not arsed whether you like me....I told you so  O0

Guest andrew

Interesting post on rawk:

It was brutal to see us fall apart against Newcastle, of all teams. Newcastle who sold us a pup and replaced him with not just one, but two, strikers most of our fans would now kill for. Newcastle who we normally stuff, St James's or no St James's. Newcastle who are managed by a tart like Pardew but who somehow contrive to play a maverick like Ben Arfa, the sort of intuitive player we haven't seen take the field for Liverpool since.....since....since who? Litmanen? Beardsley?  Of course he wouldn't be able to play for us because he doesn't 'track back' or whatever it is the Dirk Kuyts of the world do.

seems the tables have turned slightly with the tracking back comment :iamatwat:

someones just put this on another forum from RAWK....great to see how bitter/mad/jealous of ben arfa some of them are :D

It was brutal to see us fall apart against Newcastle, of all teams. Newcastle who sold us a pup and replaced him with not just one, but two, strikers most of our fans would now kill for. Newcastle who we normally stuff, St James's or no St James's. Newcastle who are managed by a tart like Pardew but who somehow contrive to play a maverick like Ben Arfa, the sort of intuitive player we haven't seen take the field for Liverpool since.....since....since who? Litmanen? Beardsley? Of course he wouldn't be able to play for us because he doesn't 'track back' or whatever it is the Dirk Kuyts of the world do.

It's like a virus has got into the team and no one has a clue what the antidote is. Maybe a semi-final win over Everton will be the antidote. One fears, if it is not, that Kenny is now on borrowed time.

It's so hard to work out what the team is trying to do. Clearly there must have been a vague sort of message to hit the ball long a bit more often - and sure enough quite a few lollipops were launched from the back which Newcastle's weak defence picked up and sucked. But what was Gerrard meant to be doing? What was Shelvey's role exactly? And Spearing? Is he allowed to move when we have the ball? I know he points a lot and spreads his arms out wide. But movement? Is that not permitted?

That was a predominantly British team out there today yet there seemed to be incredible communication problems: players converging on the same ball, players making identical runs into the box, players occupying the same space. Players standing still for seconds on end. Zero imagination.

I caught a bit of Pienaar's movement off the ball yesterday on MoD. Jeezus, how we could do with some of that. Or Ben Arfa's today. These sorts of midfielders know what it means to support the man on the ball. They change their mind and alter their trajectory when the ball moves in an unexpected way and they do it instantly and damagingly. We seem to have none of that intellligence in the middle of the pitch.

Let's not talk about Carroll. He had such a wonderful chance to make his erstwhile admirers choke on their pies and elected to dive instead. And what an inept dive. At least clip the fucker, Pires style, if you're going down. I see no hope for him at Liverpool unless Liverpool have given up on hope.

I hope Suarez doesn't give up on us. He had a poor game today but he was still on another level to his teammates.

Finally, the Geordies are wankers. 'You'll never get a job'? Yeah, like Tyneside is riding some kind of economic miracle. I used to feel a sense of solidarity with that part of the world. But today it sounded like a stadium full of David Camerons. Shame on you you c*nts.

No idea why you've addressed that to me. I was never on the Kenny bandwagon.

I think it was probably because you argued in Kenny's favour over Roy Hodgson - which in hindsight was probably more through revulsion at Hodgson rather than any enthusiasm for Dalglish, so fair enough. Your fans in general have been lulled into overlooking Kenny's fatal flaws because of his legend status at Anfield. I agree with that post you took issue with tbh.

someones just put this on another forum from RAWK....great to see how bitter/mad/jealous of ben arfa some of them are :D

'You'll never get a job'? Yeah, like Tyneside is riding some kind of economic miracle. I used to feel a sense of solidarity with that part of the world. But today it sounded like a stadium full of David Camerons. Shame on you you c*nts.

I'm with him on this one like, that fucking song man, so, so, so outdated, old and boring. I cringe whenever I hear it.

'You'll never get a job'? Yeah, like Tyneside is riding some kind of economic miracle. I used to feel a sense of solidarity with that part of the world. But today it sounded like a stadium full of David Camerons. Shame on you you c*nts.

I'm with him on this one like, that f***ing song man, so, so, so outdated, old and boring. I cringe whenever I hear it.

your right tbh, it's a fucking terrible chant