The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Reminds me so much of his first full season in charge of us,, took over from KK finished 2nd..first full season finished 13th playing awful football.

Like Pardew in reverse ;)

Dalglish is balls. FWIW, they have the potential to be a decent side. Sadly, they seem to have put a hobo in charge of the team.

Do they? In 3 years they've swapped the likes of Alonso, Mascherano & Torres, for Adam, Henderson & Carroll. If it wasn't for the fact they were called Liverpool, I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid.

Dalglish is balls. FWIW, they have the potential to be a decent side. Sadly, they seem to have put a hobo in charge of the team.

Do they? In 3 years they've swapped the likes of Alonso, Mascherano & Torres, for Adam, Henderson & Carroll. If it wasn't for the fact they were called Liverpool, I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid.

They've played decent football for a lot of the season before KKK lost his balls and started fearing the opposition too much.

Guest andrew

Nah, i also think that they do but like Keefaz has said, Dalglish is clueless and out of date.

Reina's a top keeper, johnson's not perfect at right back but I think he gets a bit of unfair stick, he's a good premiership player but obviously exposed when he plays for England against genuinely world class opponents. Skrtel and Agger is a good partnership, we all know how good defensively Enrique can be. Their fit back 5 is very good (although there's always the danger of Carragher coming in with suspensions instead of players like Kelly and Coates with potential). I guess midfield is their weak area, gerrard has struggled with injuries and has looked so so, adam's slow and often loses the ball (such a MOTD player), i think downing and kuyt are a bit crap. henderson, anonymous- hasn't got the mentality for a bigger club. Lucas has probably been a big miss because I think hes such a clever player to play the holding role. Suarez and bellamy are good players, bellamy probably has another season in him.

Kenny will make the same mistakes if he's here in the summer and he seems to struggle to react to tactics (doesn't have the required traits of a modern manager imo)

Sorry for the megapost, Im bored :laugh:

They've not replaced effectively while the demise of Gerrard & Carragher cannot be underestimated either. 5 key players there, but even their backup and rotation players have taken a hit. For their Midfield trio of Alonso, Masch & Gerrard they had players like Sissoko who although couldn't pass to save his life was a solid unit protecting the back four. Speaking of which Hyypia and Hamman again are massive losses. At one point Liverpool's spine was so strong it didn't matter who played wide. Now they've tried to counter their softened core with wide players who frankly aren't good enough for the money they paid.

I was expecting the usual Gerrard masterclass against us today but he looked absolutely lost. The number of Liverpool passes that went straight out for a throw-in today was unbelievably high, and he was at the centre of that.

The bin-dipping bastards got out of jail when Hicks and Gillett took the hit for their financial disasters last time round. It's even funnier that they've blown another 100 million when they got a second chance :lol:

Proper fucked innit. :lol:

Aye, and glad we for a change profited from it all.

Got to say all of Liverpool's demise stem some way or another directly from transfers. So glad we leave our scouting and dealings with the team we've currently got, regardless of which manager we cannot attract because of it. And on the flipside, our revival stems directly from brilliant moves in the market...mostly paid for by Liverpool's poor dealings.  :lol:

Right one last time before I go to bed

We were NOT outplayed yesterday. We were by far the more dangerous on the ball going forward. It was our frankly fucking disgusting workrate off the ball that did for us. Newcastle were shaky as fuck but were let off the hook and allowed to steady themselves on the ball when they shouldve been getting pressed and harried all over the place. Steadily they grew in confidence but never ever 'palyed some flowing football' as that fucking thick twat commentator laughably suggested once.

Make no mistake we were beaten by a team we couldve beaten very easily. Theres something very wrong with the whole process behind the scenes. I'll put it that way as I dont fancy a ban

We were NOT outplayed yesterday. We were by far the more dangerous on the ball going forward. It was our frankly fucking disgusting workrate off the ball that did for us. Newcastle were shaky as fuck but were let off the hook and allowed to steady themselves on the ball when they shouldve been getting pressed and harried all over the place. Steadily they grew in confidence but never ever 'palyed some flowing football' as that fucking thick twat commentator laughably suggested once.

Make no mistake we were beaten by a team we couldve beaten very easily. Theres something very wrong with the whole process behind the scenes. I'll put it that way as I dont fancy a ban

don't think the lads a million miles off there mind, we did look shaky at the back first 15-20 minutes, the goal settled us down and i was never really concerned about them once it went in

don't think the lads a million miles off there mind, we did look shaky at the back first 15-20 minutes, the goal settled us down and i was never really concerned about them once it went in

I would put that down to us having a a makeshift central defender and a winger playing at left back. Even so we coped with them quite well after that first goal. Considering almost our entire first choice defence was missing I'd say that makes the defeat even more embarrassing for the scouse whingers.

He makes a decent point when he says that his team didn't close us down very well. Generally, we seemed to want it more. And if a team of that quality loses 6 games out of 7, something's going wrong in the wider picture.

KD actually looked ill and visibly stressed in the post-match interview. If that's his usual demeanour, I don't know how he's going to inspire his side. He's had a very 'in-out' record in management.

We were more dangerous in possession than that poster is giving us credit for though.