The Liverpool Thread

Parky

This guys are so unreal.

"I'm sat at work close to tears!!!! I'm 45 years old!!! Absolutely gutted!!!! Those so called supporters that called for this Mans head should be fucking ashamed of themselves!!!!!!

DISGRACE!!!"

I know, what a blatent lie!

From .com:

Contributing to that in part was the £35m spent on Andy Carroll that saw a return of just four Premier League goals in 2011/12. Nice to think that donating that fee to his former employers contributed to his downfall - some recompense for the millions he threw away on Des Hamilton, Andreas Andersson, George Georgiadis, Stephane Guivarc'h etc. etc.

Forgot CarrLOL only scored 4 league goals. 4! :spit:

And he's gone to the fucking Euros! Hodgson said he was in a rich vein of form - two goals since Christmas is it?

Still don't understand how they consider Hodgson's reign a failure and Kenny's a success.

Yes he won the Carling Cup, on pens, against a Championship team, but he also spent 100m+ and took them to one of their worst league seasons in god knows how long.

Just realised that on RAWK that when they go round locking threads they actually also 'clean' them. They locked the 'Kenny Sacked' thread at about 20 odd pages, it reopened with 7. :lol: :lol:

It reminds me very strongly of North Korea atm, post Kim Jong-Il death.  All the crying in the streets and squares etc.  Shot if you don't cry etc.

Also some tremendous straw-clutching going on over there, as the return of Aquilani from loan has apparently guaranteed them at least 4th place next season. :lol:

They also beat chelsea away and man city over 2 legs

Lest we forget, the Man City side they beat in the Carling Cup semis had no Kompany, Yaya or Tevez - anyone could beat a side with Savic at CB!

And beating Chelsea away is no biggie.....

Guest Tyson

Hoping that Klopp stays true to his word, and stays at Dortmund. He's a superb devoloper of talent. With the right cattle on board he'd revitalise the fortunes of either Liverpool & Chelsea.

Alan Hansen seems to believe Liverpool won the FA Cup:

How can you get rid of a manager who wins you two trophies? Had Andy Carroll’s goal stood in the FA Cup final against Chelsea, Liverpool may have ended the season having won two of the three competitions that they entered, so there would have grounds for optimism in the build-up to next season.

Alan Hansen seems to believe Liverpool won the FA Cup:

How can you get rid of a manager who wins you two trophies? Had Andy Carroll’s goal stood in the FA Cup final against Chelsea, Liverpool may have ended the season having won two of the three competitions that they entered, so there would have grounds for optimism in the build-up to next season.

Two thing wrong with that statement.

1) The ball wasn't over the line, so that statement is relevant, and he's clutching at what if's.

2) If the the goal had stood it would only have leveled that match, and there's no guarantee that they would have gone on to win the game.

Hansen is making himself look a fool there, it was clear Dalglish was clueless. I guess he has to write stuff to provoke a reaction (if he even writes it).

devil's advocate time:  was he that clueless on the pitch?  his signings were poor for the money and didn't give enough back but they were defensively sound the entire season, had they had a top class striker (15+ goals) their season would have been entirely different let's be honest

certainly not saying he way great, modern, progressive or anything like that but perhaps in football terms he wasn't quite as bad as is being made out

just me then?