The Liverpool Thread

Parky

The new Liverpool manager:

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/joekinnear.thumbnail.gif

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/2008chode/Gifz/gladje4.gif

:lol: was just about to post that. Class.

Just seen the news.

It's an absolute shame that Dalglish has gone. Like most people, I would have preferred him to stay on and destroy Liverpool a bit more but alas wasn't to be. John Henry actually has a brain though...

Doesn't take much of a brain to see that Dalglish is nothing but a 70's style uberturboshit disco ball.

The fact that John Henry gave him the job full time would indicate to me that he doesn't have much of a brain tbh.

Henry realised too little, too late that Dalglish was a shite appointment. If he had sacked Kenny halfway through the season, there would have been a fair few riots from the Scousers. But by getting rid of him now, there's more than enough time to find a replacement and for the fans to get their "anger" out of their system.

People on twitter spouting about his past record, that's exactly it, he did well for Liverpool in the past, the game has moved on a lot since then as Keegan found out and he wasn't even out of the game that long.

Disclaimer - In no way am I defending Ashley over the Keegan episode but the way boardrooms are run changed a lot by the time Keegan took us over again.

Guest bimpy474

That's proper racist that, like.

It does make you wonder how the hell that stuff used to be on the TV, the mind boggles that people used to think that was ok and enjoyed watching it.

It does make you wonder how the hell that stuff used to be on the TV, the mind boggles that people used to think that was ok and enjoyed watching it.

It might have been utter shit but would it have offended you?

Guest bimpy474

It might have been utter shit but would it have offended you?

In hindsight its easy to say yes i suppose, but genuinely i think its awful. Operation Good Guys did a brilliant take off of it, showing just how stupid and casually racist it actually is.

My big brother, normally very rational man, partner in a law firm, but also a Liverpool fan:

I'm glad you seem to relish it so much.

The man who led us through the aftermath of Heysel, Hillsborough and Hicks & Gillett.  Oh and managed to win a bunch of trophies along the way.

Very sad day.

Am I the only one who's particularly concerned about Hicks and Gillett being put on the same tragedy pedestal as Heysel and Hillsborough here? Or did I miss the dark overlord racket they were secretly running from Mount Doom?

My big brother, normally very rational man, partner in a law firm, but also a Liverpool fan:

I'm glad you seem to relish it so much.

The man who led us through the aftermath of Heysel, Hillsborough and Hicks & Gillett.  Oh and managed to win a bunch of trophies along the way.

Very sad day.

Am I the only one who's particularly concerned about Hicks and Gillett being put on the same tragedy pedestal as Heysel and Hillsborough here? Or did I miss the dark overlord racket they were secretly running from Mount Doom?

Tbf he's done well even acknowledging Heysel with him being a Liverpool fan.

From my Facebook homepage:

gutted that it has ended this way for Kenny, he's a great man who truly loves our club and has always had its best interests at heart.

I would have liked to see him get another season, but can at least understand the thinking of the owners with the dire league form, and more so if the signings were as much his as they were Comolli's.

Thank you for our first trophy in 6 years, for steadying the ship last season after Hodgson's tragic reign for the laughs you gave us on the countless occasions when you made the Sky interviewers p*ss their pants like little school kids.

Liverpool (1985–1991, 2011–2012)

Football League First Division (3): 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90

FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89

Football League Cup (1): 2011–12

Charity Shield (4): 1986 (Shared) 1988, 1989, 1990 (Shared)

Blackburn Rovers (1991–1995)

FA Premier League (1): 1994–95

Football League Second Division Play Off Winners (1): 1991–92

Celtic (2000)

Scottish League Cup (1): 1999–2000

YNWA!

Hmmm, right..... :pokerface:

Not surprised, but if the scousers think getting a new boss in will be a quick fix then they'll be sadly mistaken. Far more wrong at Liverpool than who happens to be picking the team sheet.

They are clearly the laughing stock of the PL now and it'll just keep on going. :)

Not surprised, but if the scousers think getting a new boss in will be a quick fix then they'll be sadly mistaken. Far more wrong at Liverpool than who happens to be picking the team sheet.

They are clearly the laughing stock of the PL now and it'll just keep on going. :)

It's probably stopped the decline IMO, can only see them recovering now, but only slightly.

It's probably stopped the decline IMO, can only see them recovering now, but only slightly.

I wouldn't bet on that. A decline such as theirs will take time (and mega-bucks) to arrest - be sure of that.

I wouldn't bet on that. A decline such as theirs will take time (and mega-bucks) to arrest - be sure of that.

I think a decent up to date manager gets that team where we are right now, no problem.