The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Lolerpool, Uncal Mick, heavily linked with French and Dutch internationals, European footie next season, Lolerpool, SBR's status, Citeh win the league, Lolerpool.

Where is this going to end lads :drool: :smitten:

It's like a wet dream

Guest Roger Kint

I can't find it.

It is.  :lol: They have deleted it now.  :( Hope someone got a picture whilst it was still up.

RAWK Meltdown ‏@RAWK_Meltdown

A 30m budget for Rafa is like 60m for any other manager.

How does that work? :lol: The guy spent a fair bit on absolute shite. Fucking idiots.

Guest bimpy474

There is amazing amount of arrogance running through this looking for a manager stuff with them, fair play to Brendan Rodgers for turning them down. That was something they never expected, its as if they think they can approach anyone and have them just desperate for the job.

They are no longer an elite club and their fans have made that job a posioned chalice, tbf its going to give us so much fun watching it all unfold.

How else can they do it?

They shouldn't approach anyone in a job unless he's 100% the man they want. To do it any other way is just hugely disrespectful, to expect a manager to put his current job on the line to talk to them and then reserve the right to say no and leave him in the mire.

I know this is from a few hours ago, but holding an interview is exactly the way they could find out if the manager is 100% who they want. I don't see it as being disrespectful at all, just thorough, what other job just hires people before even talking to them?

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2776443,00.html

Swansea City can confirm that an approach from Liverpool FC to speak to manager Brendan Rodgers was officially received by club chairman Huw Jenkins this morning.

The club is pleased to confirm that Brendan has declined the current opportunity to speak to the Anfield club about the vacant position.

The Swansea manager is currently working hard to strengthen the squad in readiness for the new Barclays Premier League campaign.

The club will make no further comment at this stage.

Good on him.

He's a solid bloke Rodgers. Well done!

Guest BooBoo

They'll get Owen Coyle and should be happy with him.

We've made more serious title challenges in the last 20 years.

How else can they do it?

They shouldn't approach anyone in a job unless he's 100% the man they want. To do it any other way is just hugely disrespectful, to expect a manager to put his current job on the line to talk to them and then reserve the right to say no and leave him in the mire.

I know this is from a few hours ago, but holding an interview is exactly the way they could find out if the manager is 100% who they want. I don't see it as being disrespectful at all, just thorough, what other job just hires people before even talking to them?

:thup: I can't see anything wrong with it, as much as I'm amused at Rodgers telling them to get fucked. Playing devil's advocate, is it not just as disrespectful of Rodgers to have such a high opinion of himself that he should just walk into the job on the back of a couple of good years with Swansea without an interview of any kind?

Just to forestall any gossip Parky has ruled himself out of the Liverpool job.

I have made it clear this morning via e mail to certain parties in the USA that my postion as the chief tormentor of Liverpool and the various clowns they hire/will hire is more important to society than telling 'Gerraghhh' off for Holywood pases when there is only one upfront. End of communique. :)

Let them, they'll make more enemies.

That's one thing i like about Pardew, never goes looking for bother, good lad.

Not fair on them to compare our manager to it, that's not a part of the bother.. they don't have one. :iamatwat:

Not sure what the Rodgers love in is for.

He's just playing it clever, 'sources' saying he's proved himself to them already shouldn't need an interview,  won't interview as he knows it'll turn the Swansea fans against him.

Reading between the lines he's just hedged his bets and tried to bluff them into going for him.

I wouldn't look at what he's said as telling them to get stuffed.