The Liverpool Thread

Parky

This will work against us I think. I assume they will now appeal a 10 game ban. Doesn't that make him available against us?

Nope the 3 game ban has been enforced with immediate effect, the only thing he can appeal against is the extra 7.

He will miss our game.

Gallowgate Toon :thup:

Nailed it, if anything i'm a little surprised the FA didn't give him more ( although i think the ban is fair) because of the Evra situation.

They have him 7 games for racism and warned him to his future conduct so going into this with that mindset i was expecting closer to 15 games even if that is excessive i thought that is what was going to happen.

it got nothing to do with evra's situation.

Gallowgate Toon :thup:

Nailed it, if anything i'm a little surprised the FA didn't give him more ( although i think the ban is fair) because of the Evra situation.

They have him 7 games for racism and warned him to his future conduct so going into this with that mindset i was expecting closer to 15 games even if that is excessive i thought that is what was going to happen.

it got nothing to do with evra's situation.

It obviously does.... when that happened he was warned to his future conduct and this comes under that.

The ban is this big because he's a repeat offender, just like when Barton got a 12 game ban at QPR he got 12 games because of repeat offences.

Same with Suarez.

Guest Geordiesned

It will be interesting if this incident has any impact on players voting for him as POTY. Chelsea votes will go elsewhere for sure now.

They've already voted so he could still get it.

When did voting end?

They have to have their votes in ridiculously earlier (about end of Feb) so the shortlist that's been released is the top 6.

Of course a few of the Suarez votes could be "accidentally" lost which would be the biggest scandal since the BBC discounted all the votes for Justin Fashanu to be crowned Sports Personality of Year a few years back. :p

That guy just on TalkSport... incredible logical agility, thinks what Suarez did is unacceptable but also that he should have been treated leniently.

Glad to see the presenters are hammering him anyway.

get callers in aint it?  typical troll commercial station

That guy just on TalkSport... incredible logical agility, thinks what Suarez did is unacceptable but also that he should have been treated leniently.

Glad to see the presenters are hammering him anyway.

get callers in aint it?  typical troll commercial station

TBF it was a caller. Usually you're right about them being WUMs, in this case they seem to be 100% against Suarez.

I genuinely liked this one from RAWK:

...I love Suarez. The lads a cracking good player, but at the end of the day, he acted the c*nt here. He let himself, his team mates and the club down big time. I mean, there really is no way defend him here. He took an opponents arm and bit it. The intent is as clear as day. You could probably defend a bad tackle on the grounds that he was going for the ball, or defend an elbow to the face on the grounds that he was jumping to head the ball, but there is absolutely zero ground for excuse here. None whatsoever. What he did was terrible. And when you consider that this isn't the first time that he has done this to an opponent then his defense just diminishes even further

Now I'm all for supporting our players through thick and thin. I supported him 100% during the whole Evra saga. But this is different. He really fucked up this time and there's no way to defend it. We can accuse the FA of corruption all we like. We can debate the 10 game ban and weather or not its severity is warranted until the cows come home. To me they are just asides. The real issue here is that one of our players acted in an inexcusable manner. I wouldn't even bother appealing the ban. In fact, I think it might be more prudent if the staff and management of the club focused on ensuring Suarez never does anything like this again. Like I said, I love Suarez the footballer. But he fucked up here. And he should be made realize it if you ask me, before he goes letting the club down again any time in the future.

Best thing about the whole incident was the fact that it was a clearly premeditated attempt to get (a) a penalty (b) a red card for retaliation. Suarez's appeal immediately afterwards is so telling. I think it's good that his past record seems to have been taken into account, although I really didn't expect 10 games. Just hope that he is sold, or that we have them at the beginning of next season.

10 game ban for Suarez, but a legbreaking tackle goes unseen and a killing kung fu tackle by Aguero as well.

The FA needs to take a good long look at themselves because they've just embarrassed themselves. Not saying he didn't deserve many games, but 8 games for calling someone something, than 10 games for biting someone? There's no consistency, Barton got what, like 12 games? It's embarrassing really. Not defending Barton or Suarez, but these retrospective bans needs to be given even if the refs haven't seen it.

Looking like the Brazilian federation this...

There is a problem with consistency, but this ban is still absolutely right. Also, his racism ban was too lenient if anything.

I don't agree, I don't see how biting someone can be worse than what Aguero did tbf. It's pathetic and that alone maybe deserves 10 games, but you can't tell me that biting someone in the arm is worse than actually trying to deliberately break someone, can you?

There is a problem with consistency, but this ban is still absolutely right. Also, his racism ban was too lenient if anything.

I don't agree, I don't see how biting someone can be worse than what Aguero did tbf. It's pathetic and that alone maybe deserves 10 games, but you can't tell me that biting someone in the arm is worse than actually trying to deliberately break someone, can you?

As I said, there is a problem with consistency. But I can't see anyone can argue that 10 games for biting someone is too harsh.

Biting is so far removed from normal football behaviour that IMO it's uniquely disgusting and needs to be dealt with extremely harshly. Same with racism. There are lots of bad tackles but they are not the same.

As I said, there is a problem with consistency. But I can't see anyone can argue that 10 games for biting someone is too harsh.

Biting is so far removed from normal football behaviour that IMO it's uniquely disgusting and needs to be dealt with extremely harshly. Same with racism. There are lots of bad tackles but they are not the same.

Don't agree and your second sentence is exactly why. The only reason the ban was given this harsh is because it's out of the norm in football. How is biting someone worse than punching somone? (Barton a la Pedersen) How is biting worse than what McCallum (spelling) tackle? How is biting someone worse than gathering force to stamp someone laying down? (Aguero)

A bite like that won't make Ivanovic miss 10 games, while a tackle can make someone miss a whole season but is only dealt with a 3 game suspension?

This is purely the FA wanting to make headlines and distract from the fact it's a horrible federation.

Tbf, I don't think what Aguero did can even be called a tackle, that was an assault with the only intention being to hurt Luiz. It's disgraceful that he got away with that IMO.

I do agree that the 10 game ban for Suarez is about right, it certainly isn't harsh considering his previous antics here and in Holland.

Don't agree and your second sentence is exactly why. The only reason the ban was given this harsh is because it's out of the norm in football. How is biting someone worse than punching somone? (Barton a la Pedersen) How is biting worse than what McCallum (spelling) tackle? How is biting someone worse than gathering force to stamp someone laying down? (Aguero)

A bite like that won't make Ivanovic miss 10 games, while a tackle can make someone miss a whole season but is only dealt with a 3 game suspension?

This is purely the FA wanting to make headlines and distract from the fact it's a horrible federation.

Get out of it.  He bit someone, again.  With an 8 game ban for racism inbetween.