The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest bimpy474

The only thing that matters is it's made this weekend not so shitty.

Well nah, that's not the only thing that matters, we're having a discussion about how big games have become less entertaining since Mourinho came back to Chelsea.

Aye i agree, but today it may well have stopped those detestable utter cunts winning the league, i'll set aside my love of the game played properly for an hour so.

I want Liverpool to win the league, not that it's got much/anything to do with the discussion.

Really ?, hmm i suppose it is like choosing which hairy arsehole you want least to sit on your face.

I thought Gerrard and to a lesser extent, Suarez, played into Chelsea's hands with their speculative efforts and trying to force things rather than looking patiently for that chink in the armour.

Rodgers should have sent them out second half to get the ball wide and look to shift the play from flank to flank quicker. It was far too easy for Chelsea's defenders to face what was coming and deal with it because it was getting bogged down by Gerrard mostly.

Rodgers and most of the Liverpool team are still learning. Without the Gerrard slip it was mission complete, it's unfortunate for them. They didn't react well enough to it.

I think Liverpool are still slight favourites. Both their games look like certain wins which means Chelsea can't catch them, and I think City will stumble against Everton.

You have to wonder how keen Everton will be to hand the title to Liverpool though? Arsenal will be almost out of sight in the race for 4th after they give us our humping tomorrow...

Well nah, that's not the only thing that matters, we're having a discussion about how big games have become less entertaining since Mourinho came back to Chelsea.

Aye i agree, but today it may well have stopped those detestable utter cunts winning the league, i'll set aside my love of the game played properly for an hour so.

I want Liverpool to win the league, not that it's got much/anything to do with the discussion.

Really ?, hmm i suppose it is like choosing which hairy arsehole you want least to sit on your face.

Not particularly, they haven't spent the thick end of a billion quid oil money and they've went out each week to score as many goals as they can in an entertaining manner.  I also can't stand Chelsea and don't like Man City a great deal more.  It's an easy decision.

I think Liverpool are still slight favourites. Both their games look like certain wins which means Chelsea can't catch them, and I think City will stumble against Everton.

You have to wonder how keen Everton will be to hand the title to Liverpool though? Arsenal will be almost out of sight in the race for 4th after they give us our humping tomorrow...

Everton fans might feel that way, I just can't see Martinez not wanting to win. It goes against everything he stands for.

Gerrard's 2nd half performance was embarrassing. Total selfishness to try to redeem his error. Must have had at least 7 shots in that half.

Yup. Which tbh made it all the more sweeter when the second went in. You could just about see his face in the background looking like a broken man.

Bet some Phil Collins will be blasting out in the Gerrard household tonight.

Not particularly, they haven't spent the thick end of a billion quid oil money and they've went out each week to score as many goals as they can in an entertaining manner.  I also can't stand Chelsea and don't like Man City a great deal more.  It's an easy decision.

Exactly the same for me. Keegan would be proud to manage that team.

I'm also in the apparently vast minority of people who like Liverpool and their fans so that helps too.

Guest neesy111

Where the fuck is Parky these days?

Sold all his money for magic beans and tin foil, now living in a dark corner of the Black Forest in a hut made of frankfurters.

:lol:

Awful from chelsea, its all that little w***** can do.

:thup: This, would rather he hadn't came back to England.

I love how bitter people are about the 'parking the bus' malarky. As if drilling a side in that manner isn't a massive skill in it's own right.

You may not like it but you've got to concede it's effective and highly practiced/drilled.

f*** me, if AP could do it, we'd have less than 2 goals in every one of games.

Bitter ? Whatever  :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was bitterness.  It's just not what I watch football for and it's came back to England in a big way since Mourinho's return.  We had years of end-to-end goal-fests amongst the top sides while he was away, now we're back to that stuff.

I do concede it's highly effective, it just fucks the spectacle of seeing 2 good sides going at each other.

Yeah, perhaps bitterness was the wrong word.

I wouldn't want to watch it often but it's certainly got it's place imho.

If we had Mourinho and had just shut down one of the most effective attacking sides in years, we'd be fucking delighted.

I'm perhaps a bit biased though because I think Mourinho is absolutely brilliant. His record is unreal.

I'd love for him to manage NUFC. He'd be our best manager since Alan Pardew.

Awful from chelsea, its all that little w***** can do.

:thup: This, would rather he hadn't came back to England.

I love how bitter people are about the 'parking the bus' malarky. As if drilling a side in that manner isn't a massive skill in it's own right.

You may not like it but you've got to concede it's effective and highly practiced/drilled.

f*** me, if AP could do it, we'd have less than 2 goals in every one of games.

Bitter ? Whatever  :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was bitterness.  It's just not what I watch football for and it's came back to England in a big way since Mourinho's return.  We had years of end-to-end goal-fests amongst the top sides while he was away, now we're back to that stuff.

I do concede it's highly effective, it just f***s the spectacle of seeing 2 good sides going at each other.

Yeah, perhaps bitterness was the wrong word.

I wouldn't want to watch it often but it's certainly got it's place imho.

If we had Mourinho and had just shut down one of the most effective attacking sides in years, we'd be f***ing delighted.

I'm perhaps a bit biased though because I think Mourinho is absolutely brilliant. His record is unreal.

I'd love for him to manage NUFC. He'd be our best manager since Alan Pardew.

Woah, woah, woah!! He's good, yeah, but he's no Pardew, wind your neck in!

Guest bimpy474

Not for me, i hate that shitehouse club more than any other in the land, utterly despise them.