The Liverpool Thread

Parky

That was a very interesting read and I've certainly gained more respect for Suarez as a person. I didn't realize he had had such a harsh life growing up and I admire him for being so dedicated to his own family, ensuring that their lives won't be so difficult.

He still deserves his ban though.

if he wasn't such an utter cunt that's a great story (if true), sweeping the fucking streets and life headed down the toilet then decides to concentrate to chase a lass to spain and it works :lol:

he'd be my personal hero if he wasn't biting people and being a racist and such

That was a very interesting read and I've certainly gained more respect for Suarez as a person. I didn't realize he had had such a harsh life growing up and I admire him for being so dedicated to his own family, ensuring that their lives won't be so difficult.

if he wasn't such an utter cunt that's a great story (if true), sweeping the fucking streets and life headed down the toilet then decides to concentrate to chase a lass to spain and it works :lol:

Pretty much yeah. :lol:

If that story is true it means he needs some serious psychological help. Perhaps it's understandable why he needs the help but it doesn't remove that fact that he has serious issues. 

"I'll never go hungry again!"

Pretty much yeah. :lol:

If that story is true it means he needs some serious psychological help. Perhaps it's understandable why he needs the help but it doesn't remove that fact that he has serious issues. 

seems like there's something in it as to why he plays with such intensity etc. but there has to be something in his background that is making it all manifest itself in biting people like

"I'll never go hungry again!"

:lol:

Guest TruToon94

Plenty of people have tough lives, doesn't mean they have to act like Suarez does and by all accounts he's a dickhead to fans as well. Compare C Ronaldo who despite apparently most regarding him to be a t*** is apparently quite a nice guy for fans, does a s*** ton for charity and is better than Suarez.

No sympathy for Suarez at all.

Plenty of people have tough lives, doesn't mean they have to act like Suarez does and by all accounts he's a dickhead to fans as well. Compare C Ronaldo who despite apparently most regarding him to be a t*** is apparently quite a nice guy for fans, does a s*** ton for charity and is better than Suarez.

Is he a dickhead to fans?

Guest TruToon94

Is he a dickhead to fans?

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/suarez.png

Toronto sandwich joint has come up with "The Suarez."

Italian pork shoulder with crackling & hot peppers on a bun.  Tasty!

Oye, where is this? I'm heading into town tomorrow, gotto try this.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. For those that aren't aware, Wright Thompson is one of the best sports writers you'll find anywhere on the planet. Here he is on Suarez:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10984370/portrait-serial-winner-luis-suarez-soccer-most-beautiful-player

Sorry, man, that's bullshit. How can anyone excuse anyone else biting people because of a bad start in life and allegedly trying to look after his family? Ffs we all have our difficulties and manage not to bite anyone. I expect I will successfully continue to not bite any fucker in the future. It really isn't that difficult. He needs some treatment.

Also, I was really looking forward to the TV experts trying to pronounce "sine die" but FIFA are chickenshit. Two year total ban was being floated and that would have been lenient for the serial cheat imo. He's a disgrace.

:lol: I seem to be feeling an emotion. Of anger. This is unusual.

I shall have to learn to deal with this emotion of anger, I guess. I thought the article was rather exculpatory, that's all. Before the third bite too, and the denials and appeal currently in the works. I mean, hundreds of billions of people saw him do it, why is he lying? It's the betrayal of trust that hurts. He is so good at his job that there is no need for any of this. The diving, cheating, stupid idiot. He's ruining it for himself. He needs a court order to get himself straightened out psychologically. And then play for us. Obvs. :)

I'll bet the Liverpool fans are taking the 4 month Suarez ban from all football really well.

Motherfucking FIFA  :tickedoff:

Biggest ban ever? There's been a lot worse than that. Have they even ever banned a player from league games before?

Totally over the top.

Obviously, he wants banning, like, but from fucking training?

I'll bet the Liverpool fans are taking the 4 month Suarez ban from all football really well.

Biggest ban ever? There's been a lot worse than that. Have they even ever banned a player from league games before?

Totally over the top.

has there been worse in a world cup?  maybe the assault on schumacher but then again that was seemingly what people consider within the game these days

Totally over the top.

Your must be furious with him.

Can FIFA just ban a player from domestic games?  I think a ban from 'all football activities' is the only option they have to ban players from domestic football so it may be that was the only way they could get the job done.

Have they even ever banned a player from league games before?

Pinto was banned for am incident in a World Cup game in 2002 for 6 months, and I'm pretty sure that was global.

Have they even ever banned a player from league games before?

Has any player bitten another player three times before?

He's done it twice before and got serious bans for it, he's done it again, in the middle of FIFA's flagship competition, went down as if he was elbowed, shown no remorse, denied it, said it was just what happens and people should get over it, been backed by his manager, had a welcome home parade off the plane - and people go "B-but, that ban's really serious!"

Of course it is.  FIFA needed to punish Suarez, and the best way of doing that in a serious fashion was to stop him playing the game that he loves.  Not just "OK, miss one game every few months or so for your country, now off you go to play in the most high profile competitions in the world in a few weeks time, banging in goals, getting your sponsored face on telly, running around and having a great time." That's like banning a naughty kid from watching telly in the living room and sending them to play on their Xbox in their bedroom.  Suarez needed to be punished as an individual, Liverpool are the collateral damage from that.  That's the risk you take for hiring and standing by a horrible cunt.  You've certainly been willing to accept the benefits of it, I'm afraid you have to take the negatives as well.

He'll do it again as well.  They probably should have added a suspended life ban, it might be the only thing that saves him.

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

it's almost like he did something extraordinary