The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

So, Liverpool have a player that they supported when he bit someone, claiming that the length of the ban was extreme and down to the FA and Premier League.  He then doesn't learn his lesson and does it again.  Liverpool now have a better chance of winning the league.  Why should a team ever benefit when one of their players bites someone?

Guest antz1uk

Ray Houghton used a good analogy yesterday

if you're a hgv driver for a living and get banned from drink driving out of hours you don't get to only lose your car license

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

So, Liverpool have a player that they supported when he bit someone, claiming that the length of the ban was extreme and down to the FA and Premier League.  He then doesn't learn his lesson and does it again.  Liverpool now have a better chance of winning the league.  Why should a team ever benefit when one of their players bites someone?

I think you put it better in the earlier post. It's about punishing Suarez, not about punishing Uruguay or Liverpool. It just happens to feel right (to non-Uruguayans/Liverpool fans) because both have consistently stood behind him, and any club that bought him after his antics in the Netherlands will have recognized that his hyper-competitiveness can come at a price.

He's done it twice before and got serious bans for it, he's done it again, in the middle of FIFA's flagship competition, went down as if he was elbowed, shown no remorse, denied it, said it was just what happens and people should get over it, been backed by his manager, had a welcome home parade off the plane - and people go "B-but, that ban's really serious!"

Of course it is.  FIFA needed to punish Suarez, and the best way of doing that in a serious fashion was to stop him playing the game that he loves.  Not just "OK, miss one game every few months or so for your country, now off you go to play in the most high profile competitions in the world in a few weeks time, banging in goals, getting your sponsored face on telly, running around and having a great time." That's like banning a naughty kid from watching telly in the living room and sending them to play on their Xbox in their bedroom.  Suarez needed to be punished as an individual, Liverpool are the collateral damage from that.  That's the risk you take for hiring and standing by a horrible c***.  You've certainly been willing to accept the benefits of it, I'm afraid you have to take the negatives as well.

He'll do it again as well.  They probably should have added a suspended life ban, it might be the only thing that saves him.

This, thisedy this

I'm just sick of people defending him or trying to portray him as a victim but what really gets me is the line about the fans being denied seeing him play as if thats any kind of relevance. He did wrong, he got punished and he should use this sudden amount of free time to seek therapy and reflect on maybe just maybe he did something wrong because I'm not sure he actually does think that, not with so many consistently trying to publicly excuse his wrongdoings.

On a footballing front I wonder what formation Rodgers will try with them next season once Suarez is back with all of the attacking players that he seems to be intent on buying.

On a footballing front I wonder what formation Rodgers will try with them next season once Suarez is back with all of the attacking players that he seems to be intent on buying.

thats confusing me actually, attack wasn't Liverpools problem, far from it, sure they need extra depth but I would have thought the immediate need was to improve the defense or get someone better at actually protecting the back four than Gerrard

I'll bet the Liverpool fans are taking the 4 month Suarez ban from all football really well.

Motherfucking FIFA  :tickedoff:

Biggest ban ever? There's been a lot worse than that. Have they even ever banned a player from league games before?

Totally over the top.

Obviously, he wants banning, like, but from fucking training?

Hmm. It's a bit like when the whole of England were banned from Europe for the actions of 1 club.

I'll bet the Liverpool fans are taking the 4 month Suarez ban from all football really well.

Motherfucking FIFA  :tickedoff:

Biggest ban ever? There's been a lot worse than that. Have they even ever banned a player from league games before?

Totally over the top.

Obviously, he wants banning, like, but from fucking training?

Hmm. It's a bit like when the whole of England were banned from Europe for the actions of 1 club.

Fatblackkid.gif

Suarez doesn't concern me much anymore. From the look of things he will be off to Barca and I understand it. It's better for him to play after this ban in a new environment, and not the same old. Barrett reckons we are holding out for 85M pounds cash or Alexis + 50M.

Watch the transfer be  completed and then his ban reduced to 2 months though.  :frantic:

If it is to be reduced at all I think it'll be the ban from training and things that gets reduced, the 4 months is basically 2 anyway given when the season starts. If Uruguay were to lose today for example he wouldn't have played competitively again until August 16th, not sure he'll give two fucks about missing pre-season after beating our national team when about 10% fit

Guest firetotheworks

I totally get the whole thing with him working hard to be with a girl that he loves like. I can relate, you probably all can.

Dan Roan ‏@danroan  1m

Suarez "after the impact..I lost my balance, making my body

unstable & falling on top of my opponent. I hit my face against the player..

Dan Roan ‏@danroan  57s

leaving a small bruise

on my cheek & a strong pain in my teeth."

Panel said bite was "deliberate, intentional and

without provocation."

thats confusing me actually, attack wasn't Liverpools problem, far from it, sure they need extra depth but I would have thought the immediate need was to improve the defense or get someone better at actually protecting the back four than Gerrard

was talking about this today, aside from them conceding loads of goals what the fuck do they think is going to happen with their CM in the CL next season? :lol: