The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

So, Liverpool have a player that they supported when he bit someone, claiming that the length of the ban was extreme and down to the FA and Premier League.  He then doesn't learn his lesson and does it again.  Liverpool now have a better chance of winning the league.  Why should a team ever benefit when one of their players bites someone?

Because why not?

It's not like the punishment is going to cause Suarez to mend his ways, is it? Fucker's done it three times now.

Everyone knows he's off his trolley, yet most clubs would still give their eye teeth for the bitey sod because he's so fucking good. So he's still going to earn millions. Other clubs aren't going to lose interest just because he once again proved he's as mental as everyone already knew he was…

Suarez himself just gets to take an extended (paid) holiday. The punishment falls essentially on Uruguay and Liverpool, which—you would hope—is not really what was intended.

Instead of banning him from games (which effectively only punishes his national and club sides), they should have fined him something painful (instead of half a week's wages) or forced him to play wearing a muzzle (well, forced him to seek professional help).

If someone that are good at their job commits a crime, they should not be sent to jail because the punishment falls on their employers? :lol:

:lol: Miss the point much?

I said they should try to do something that punished the player more than his national/club side. Bans clearly aren't having the desired effect because the crazy bastard keeps doing it again.

honestly dude, give it up

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

So, Liverpool have a player that they supported when he bit someone, claiming that the length of the ban was extreme and down to the FA and Premier League.  He then doesn't learn his lesson and does it again.  Liverpool now have a better chance of winning the league.  Why should a team ever benefit when one of their players bites someone?

Because why not?

It's not like the punishment is going to cause Suarez to mend his ways, is it? Fucker's done it three times now.

Everyone knows he's off his trolley, yet most clubs would still give their eye teeth for the bitey sod because he's so fucking good. So he's still going to earn millions. Other clubs aren't going to lose interest just because he once again proved he's as mental as everyone already knew he was…

Suarez himself just gets to take an extended (paid) holiday. The punishment falls essentially on Uruguay and Liverpool, which—you would hope—is not really what was intended.

Instead of banning him from games (which effectively only punishes his national and club sides), they should have fined him something painful (instead of half a week's wages) or forced him to play wearing a muzzle (well, forced him to seek professional help).

If someone that are good at their job commits a crime, they should not be sent to jail because the punishment falls on their employers? :lol:

:lol: Miss the point much?

I said they should try to do something that punished the player more than his national/club side. Bans clearly aren't having the desired effect because the crazy bastard keeps doing it again.

Yeah, bans aren't harsh enough, let him play in a few weeks instead.  He's got more money than god, how much are you proposing fining him?  Just grease the palm of FIFA enough and let him get on with it?  Liverpool fans seem to have expended 20 times the words criticizing the ban than they have their player who's fucked them over, again, dragged their name through the mud, again.  How about addressing that and see if that makes a difference when bans have failed?

Liverpool are the most utterly cringeworthy club known to man. They will be chanting his name for the duration of pre season and the early weeks of the Premier League. The ban is lenient in my opinion, if he was animal he would have been put down by now. The fans will play the victim and welcome him back like the saviour when he returns. The cunt should have been banned for a year. Once is a mistake (maybe) but 3 times, as well as his other controversies, meant that FIFA had to make an example.

The guy's got a mental age of about 12, when kids are naughty in class and the other kids laugh at them they keep doing it.  He's just returned to a heroes welcome in Uruguay.  When he racially abused Evra, everyone wore t-shirts with him name and face on, the crowd, the other players.  Usually you only do that for someone when they're retiring, or they've reached a massive milestone in their career, or they're ill and you want to show your love and support for them.    When he was banned for biting someone last time, there were banners "One rule for Suarez, one rule for everyone else" portraying him as the real victim.  You've got people gushing on RAWK about how he's a 'flawed genius' as if that makes him so cool and edgy and dreamy. Sagely quoting "No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness" and "There is a fine line between genius and insanity."  as if his biting, eye-gouging, stamping and diving gives him the rugged anti-hero persona from which his footballing beauty grows.  People are fiercely stating their support for him in a way they wouldn't if he was just a normal great player.  You've got his national team manager fighting his corner, his fans backing him, Maradona coming out in support, everyone close to him telling him how badly treated he's been.  The kind of attention he gets from it probably doesn't help him stop himself from doing it.

If he was a Man U player, I'm sure Liverpool fans would hate him more than they've hated anyone in the game, ever.  I'm pretty sure they'd even claim they wouldn't have him in their team, because he went against everything Liverpool stood for.

Guest antz1uk

I don't need to. I typed it.

The point he was making is if he does something wrong he doesn't get to choose from what association he is banned from.

Yes, but everyone is banned from drink driving but only a few are banned for drink driving.

pedantry gone mad :lol:

are you purposefully taking the p*ss out of me?

edit: not Mr M

Banning is the only thing that can be done so it has increase more the less the offender seems to get it. Acknowledging the fact this issue operates within the bubble world of professional football his behaviour will always be caveated but just like anyone who goes out to hurt or injure someone they need to be exemplified seriously.

It shows up the lunacy and ineptitude of the professional game when the governing body is held under greater scrutiny for the nature of the punishment rather than that of the abhorrent act of the offender and his lack of remorse.

"Not even a criminal would receive this penalty."

He's right like. Not even criminals get their movements restricted or get banned from going to certain places...

Yeah, bans aren't harsh enough, let him play in a few weeks instead.  He's got more money than god, how much are you proposing fining him?  Just grease the palm of FIFA enough and let him get on with it?  Liverpool fans seem to have expended 20 times the words criticizing the ban than they have their player who's fucked them over, again, dragged their name through the mud, again.  How about addressing that and see if that makes a difference when bans have failed?

this is exactly right like

you can't fine him enough to make a difference to his life so what other options do fifa have?  he only does one fucking thing man and he's being punished for attacking somebody while doing that very thing

the ban, i'm sure, has been intended to make his sponsors think twice about the mountains of cash they pay him (worked) and also to make his club think about what sanctions they can put on the player, or indeed what help they can insist he gets as his employer, in order to avoid yet another repeat of the situation

the flaw in logic with the club aspect is it's fucking liverpool we're dealing with, they'll be having marches and mourning sessions to support the cunt

They're in danger of making themselves look like even bigger fools with this incident :lol: Liverpool FC really are the gift that keeps on giving. The Gerrard slip still makes me smile, and gives me a momentary feeling that karma will always take care of things. They will never win anything with Suarez for as long as he continues to dive, cheat, or bite.

Can we reset the score for the new season ?! This thread doesn't look quiet the same without Parky's name in the title.

Suarez doesn't affect Liverpool though. I am convinced he'll be off to Barca as soon as the result to appeal from Uruguay's FA comes out. Tough shit for Luis Enrique and Mes Que Un Club.

and reading Lugano stuff, it's certainly something in the Uruguayan water. I don't think I can quiet capture how they combat issues without visiting Montevideo. Soon enough hopefully.

I'd imagine it at least affects Liverpool to the extent that having a four month world ban lowers the price of a player.

Anyway, I thought Barca, like Liverpool, were a beacon of anti-racism, fair play and social justice?

I think the administrative part of the ban means his salary isn't paid out to him. Not quite sure but they were discussing it the other day on the telly.

seems strange that the ban would extend to not paying him but then allow him to transfer for 80m quid and thus benefit massively financially from it :lol:

FIFA didn't seem to know when they were asked, but then seemed to indicate he could still be transferred.  Guess they could do all the groundwork between clubs, agents etc without him and then just rubber stamp it as soon as he's back, he can't play till then anyway.