The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Whats this talk of Ajaz getting £2m of it? Surely they would have put a bigger sell on than that? Will be kicking themselves

Developmental fees probably. He was with them from the age of 20.

Guest Roger Kint

Whats this talk of Ajaz getting £2m of it? Surely they would have put a bigger sell on than that? Will be kicking themselves

So no sell on at all? :lol: Big loss that

A club that should be banned from transfers for 2 years signing a player banned from all footballing activities for 4 months. Surely even a Liverpool fan can work out why people might scoff at the idea.

Classy.

That's, what, 3%? They definitely should have held out for more than that.

Groningen get €500K, too. Same thing?

Guest thenorthumbrian

That it's seemingly completely unaffected by his fairly disgraceful disciplinary record, I assume.

Yeah its funny how some players with poor disciplinary records become very self righteous the day after they retire and become pundits.

That it's seemingly completely unaffected by his fairly disgraceful disciplinary record, I assume.

Yeah its funny how some players with poor disciplinary records become very self righteous the day after they retire and become pundits.

Oh that is a Savage statement  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

This does a nice job of summing up Suarez's impact on Liverpool last season.

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/ac57a79188f0

Think his absence is being downplayed tremendously - I suppose because of Bite 3 and the huge transfer fee.

They looked poor vs manyoo. Tend to agree that after that losing the joint top scorer in premier league history it's going to affect them negatively, as controversial as that may be.

Qualifying for the CL again will be their aim. ANy chance of winning or even battling seriously for the league left with Suarez imo.

In terms of competing for the league, the additional CL games will be a bigger problem than Suarez leaving, imo.

Qualifying for the CL again will be their aim. ANy chance of winning or even battling seriously for the league left with Suarez imo.

In terms of competing for the league, the additional CL games will be a bigger problem than Suarez leaving, imo.

I thought the aim for next season even with Suarez would be to retain CL football.

Now I think that's far more in the balance. 

I think most of your CL rivals have considerably improved in either personnel or suitable manager. 

Suarez also had that level of gravitas with other teams and the other L'pool players.

Particularly with Man U having all that free time (apart from the money-spinning friendlies, naturally). I suspect that Poch will be playing the kids rather a lot in the Europa, and maybe Martinez too.

^ that'd be idiotic though. EL winner will get CL next year, and Everton/Spurs aim in the end is to get to CL.

It's a totally new avenue, and be ridiculous if dismissed. Not to mention, getting into CL by winning a trophy is a lot more awesome than by finishing 3rd/4th.

Not sure about Spurs, but I am certain Everton will take it very seriously.

What do you think is more realistic and do-able...coming in the top 4 in the league or winning the EL? I'd personally be happy with 5th place finish if it meant we dropped out of CL into EL and went on to win it. Gorgeous trophy.

^ that'd be idiotic though. EL winner will get CL next year, and Everton/Spurs aim in the end is to get to CL.

It's a totally new avenue, and be ridiculous if dismissed. Not to mention, getting into CL by winning a trophy is a lot more awesome than by finishing 3rd/4th.

Not sure about Spurs, but I am certain Everton will take it very seriously.

What do you think is more realistic and do-able...coming in the top 4 in the league or winning the EL? I'd personally be happy with 5th place finish if it meant we dropped out of CL into EL and went on to win it. Gorgeous trophy.

I don't think we'll be throwing the games at all, I just think he's going to have to be very judicious, particularly early on. Many of the squad have been at the World Cup, and so could probably do with being eased back in.

If only UEFA would stop letting CL clubs wander back in, I'd be more confident.

• 2 weeks later...

As good as anywhere a place to put this - do Liverpool really have their first six matches televised over there?

League only? First five it looks like to me, WBA home won't be.

EDIT: that's bollocks, I'm looking at future fixtures which omits the Saints game. Yes.