The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I think it's great to see the title mean that much to anyone. In this instance, I look on him as Suarez the player, not the racist biting little fuck he is. He's played some great stuff this year.

Guest firetotheworks

Makes it all the better imo. Everyone loves a dickhead getting their comeuppance, regardless of how good they might be. 

I think it's great to see the title mean that much to anyone. In this instance, I look on him as Suarez the player, not the racist biting little f*** he is. He's played some great stuff this year.

Because the other stuff goes away 'cause he's a good season?

Won't be a popular opinion on here I feel, but I still wanted Liverpool to win the title. Will really hate to see City win it.

Me too, much better than City winning it. Not that them falling apart isn't slightly amusing mind.

:thup:

If we're ever going to win the league, it'll be the City way. What Liverpool & Ath Madrid have done this season is monumental, but they're exceptions rather than the rule.

I relate to City fans pre 2010 far more than Liverpool fans so I'm happy with the (likely) outcome.

Can't compare Atletico to Liverpool. History is very different. Squad built for FAR FAR less. No investment in the last few years. The entire Atleti starting XI away at Chelsea cost the same as Sakho & Sturridge.

You don't find funny?

It was fucking hilarious.

It was even better because 10 months ago he was desperate to leave, and 10 minutes before the tears he was laughing and smiling at Palace's comeback.

You don't find funny?

It was fucking hilarious.

It was even better because 10 months ago he was desperate to leave, and 10 minutes before the tears he was laughing and smiling at Palace's comeback.

Hoping this is the final straw that gets him to leave Anfield. :)

I don't want him to leave the league now, honestly. Glorious player to watch. I can see someone like Madrid coming in with 50-60m for him in the summer, but with CL football now he probably won't go. Imagine Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale as a front three.

I don't want him to leave the league now, honestly. Glorious player to watch. I can see someone like Madrid coming in with 50-60m for him in the summer, but with CL football now he probably won't go. Imagine Ronaldo, Suarez and Bale as a front three.

I wouldn't know who to envy more or hate more :laugh:

I wouldn't know who to envy more or hate more :laugh:

:lol: Love Ronaldo, neutral on Bale, hate Suarez but admire all three.

Do we think that Chelsea is a possible destination for Suarez? Is Suarez held in as a high regard as Torres was?

Guest n4e

Palace chairman: Why are we trending on twitter with 175k tweets , oh yeah! I remember .#Crystanbul

Won't be a popular opinion on here I feel, but I still wanted Liverpool to win the title. Will really hate to see City win it.

Me too, much better than City winning it. Not that them falling apart isn't slightly amusing mind.

:thup:

If we're ever going to win the league, it'll be the City way. What Liverpool & Ath Madrid have done this season is monumental, but they're exceptions rather than the rule.

I relate to City fans pre 2010 far more than Liverpool fans so I'm happy with the (likely) outcome.

Can't compare Atletico to Liverpool. History is very different. Squad built for FAR FAR less. No investment in the last few years. The entire Atleti starting XI away at Chelsea cost the same as Sakho & Sturridge.

Plus they've had the distraction of competing in Europe.

Liverpool have had a head start of 6-10 'European hangover' points on the teams around them this season. If they'd qualified for the Europa last season they'd probably be fighting for fourth right now rather than the title.

They're going to have to spend a nice little bit in the summer (and keep everyone they have) if they want to be there or there abouts for the league next season. The squad they have isn't strong enough for a 38 game league plus decent spells in the cups and the CL.

Agree with this imo. I don't like the way that clubs like PSG and City spend money but when you consider that the alternative is nobody other than Manchester United ever winning anything, it's probably a necessary evil.

It's also the only way NUFC could ever win the league in our lifetimes.

Also, what's this about "how much the title means" to Suarez or Gerard?? How about what it means to the rest of the Liverpool team? Or any other f***ing player who comes this close to winning a trophy then fuck it up? League runners-up, losing cup finalists? It's a media wankfest par excellence. Nowt more nowt less. It doesn't mean "more" to these two chaps just because of who they are. Just because a player sobs on the pitch like a fairy doesn't mean he's hurting more than another who will go home and have a good cry to his wife or whatever. No one felt sorry for us in 96 or 09, so I don't feel sorry for anyone. Winning, losing, relegation, promotion...it's all football.

Also, what's this about "how much the title means" to Suarez or Gerard?? How about what it means to the rest of the Liverpool team? Or any other f***ing player who comes this close to winning a trophy then fuck it up? League runners-up, losing cup finalists? It's a media wankfest par excellence. Nowt more nowt less. It doesn't mean "more" to these two chaps just because of who they are. Just because a player sobs on the pitch like a fairy doesn't mean he's hurting more than another who will go home and have a good cry to his wife or whatever. No one felt sorry for us in 96 or 09, so I don't feel sorry for anyone. Winning, losing, relegation, promotion...it's all football.

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/cg/tumblr_m5yt5nvmeG1rphknyo1_500.gif