The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Guest antz1uk

Paddy Power assume that Suarez's lawyer is Lionel Hutz. They might be onto something.

pizza hutz

I've got two genuine (as in from Liverpool) scousers who bet in my shop. They are unrelated and don't know each other but both happened to be in at the same time today. One is pretty sound as far as the bin dippers go. He was disgusted with Suarez and thinks Liverpool should cash him on him, had no complaints on the ban. The other, a cantankerous old git at the best of times, was getting really offended as the Betfred bod's on the screen, accompanied by Derek Thompson and 'Big' Kevin Davies, were laying in to Suarez and generally following the thoughts of all reasonable people. This fella was screaming at everybody that it was out of order, he barely touched him, it was a peck etc etc, one other punter chimed in that he was a disgrace and should get a life ban. The scouser exhibited all known stereotypical characteristics that you would expect.

Blinkered, yes.

Arrogant, yes.

Defensive, yes.

Paranoid, yes.

The decent scouser just stood back, shaking his head, silently apologising to everyone else for the fans of his football club. Very entertaining really.

I've got two genuine (as in from Liverpool) scousers who bet in my shop. They are unrelated and don't know each other but both happened to be in at the same time today. One is pretty sound as far as the bin dippers go. He was disgusted with Suarez and thinks Liverpool should cash him on him, had no complaints on the ban. The other, a cantankerous old git at the best of times, was getting really offended as the Betfred bod's on the screen, accompanied by Derek Thompson and 'Big' Kevin Davies, were laying in to Suarez and generally following the thoughts of all reasonable people. This fella was screaming at everybody that it was out of order, he barely touched him, it was a peck etc etc, one other punter chimed in that he was a disgrace and should get a life ban. The scouser exhibited all known stereotypical characteristics that you would expect.

Blinkered, yes.

Arrogant, yes.

Defensive, yes.

Paranoid, yes.

The decent scouser just stood back, shaking his head, silently apologising to everyone else for the fans of his football club. Very entertaining really.

same goes for ex liverpool Ray Houghton defending him on talk shite ,they just cannot see it can they and for example it was Alan Shearer i could not defend him either in similar circumstances ,Suarez and his cohorts just creating a blame culture on everyone but himself .The British press in my eyes have been reporting the fact on the situation with more interest due to the liverpool connection and no witch hunt just stating the obvious and eall the rest of the support for Suarez blame us  :undecided:

Ray Houghton used a good analogy yesterday

if you're a hgv driver for a living and get banned from drink driving out of hours you don't get to only lose your car license

Spot on that like

Dunno, I think they're banned from drink driving anyway.  You know, laws and stuff.

Guest antz1uk

I don't need to. I typed it.

The point he was making is if he does something wrong he doesn't get to choose from what association he is banned from.

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

So, Liverpool have a player that they supported when he bit someone, claiming that the length of the ban was extreme and down to the FA and Premier League.  He then doesn't learn his lesson and does it again.  Liverpool now have a better chance of winning the league.  Why should a team ever benefit when one of their players bites someone?

Because why not?

It's not like the punishment is going to cause Suarez to mend his ways, is it? Fucker's done it three times now.

Everyone knows he's off his trolley, yet most clubs would still give their eye teeth for the bitey sod because he's so fucking good. So he's still going to earn millions. Other clubs aren't going to lose interest just because he once again proved he's as mental as everyone already knew he was…

Suarez himself just gets to take an extended (paid) holiday. The punishment falls essentially on Uruguay and Liverpool, which—you would hope—is not really what was intended.

Instead of banning him from games (which effectively only punishes his national and club sides), they should have fined him something painful (instead of half a week's wages) or forced him to play wearing a muzzle (well, forced him to seek professional help).

Err, we have taken the negatives. Fella's missed a lot of games for us thanks to his antics.

I'm just peeved that FIFA also banned him from domestic games. They don't do that too often.

I was hoping for a lengthy ban on playing internationally, which would have been a bonus for us.

So, Liverpool have a player that they supported when he bit someone, claiming that the length of the ban was extreme and down to the FA and Premier League.  He then doesn't learn his lesson and does it again.  Liverpool now have a better chance of winning the league.  Why should a team ever benefit when one of their players bites someone?

Because why not?

It's not like the punishment is going to cause Suarez to mend his ways, is it? Fucker's done it three times now.

Everyone knows he's off his trolley, yet most clubs would still give their eye teeth for the bitey sod because he's so fucking good. So he's still going to earn millions. Other clubs aren't going to lose interest just because he once again proved he's as mental as everyone already knew he was…

Suarez himself just gets to take an extended (paid) holiday. The punishment falls essentially on Uruguay and Liverpool, which—you would hope—is not really what was intended.

Instead of banning him from games (which effectively only punishes his national and club sides), they should have fined him something painful (instead of half a week's wages) or forced him to play wearing a muzzle (well, forced him to seek professional help).

If someone that are good at their job commits a crime, they should not be sent to jail because the punishment falls on their employers? :lol:

You also bought a player knowing he bites people and is a cheat. You deserve the punishment as much as the player for sticking by the odious cunt.

'Sticking by' is an understatement to the extreme. They very actively backed him when he abused Evra. They're an abhorrent club who continue to support an abhorrent human being.

Fully expect everyone to forget it until he inevitably commits his next appalling incident in La Liga.

People will probably then claim Liverpool 'did so well' getting rid of Suarez.

Argh. A fucking disgusting club with a disgusting player.

You also bought a player knowing he bites people and is a cheat. You deserve the punishment as much as the player for sticking by the odious c***.

'Sticking by' is an understatement to the extreme. They very actively backed him when he abused Evra. They're an abhorrent club who continue to support an abhorrent human being.

Fully expect everyone to forget it until he inevitably commits his next appalling incident in La Liga.

People will probably then claim Liverpool 'did so well' getting rid of Suarez.

Argh. A f***ing disgusting club with a disgusting player.

He's a disgusting player, but an abhorrent human being is going a bit far. Everyone reacts differently under stress, pressure and different moments, that doesn't make him an abhorrent human being for that. For all we know he might be the best husband, father around just that like most footballers when they get onto the pitch with adrenaline many lose any sense of self-control. Coutinho was interviewed on Brazilian tv and said that Suarez and his family took him in when he first arrived that they helped him the most possible to settle in, he did however admit (without saying) that Suarez has a screw or two lose even during training, but that off the pitch he is a great person.

Suarez reminds me of the article I read about players being interviewd saying they'd be willing to die in five years if they were allowed to win the Champions League the upcoming season (or something to that extent). That mentality is scary for the outsiders, but that is what they live and die for, winning games. Suarez is mental on the pitch, and had he been a man he should've just admitted his mistake  and taken his ban which I believe would've been lighter. He knows he did wrong as he was the only one not celebrating after the game, I just believe that he and the staff believed it was the best to deny and that maybe they could escape a punishment because he's a ''star''. Glad he didn't, even if I'm of the opinion the ban in terms of what it represents is excessive.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/28/luis-suarez-bite-balance-hit-face-chiellini

"Another reason for the unprecedented punishment was the Uruguayan showed no repentance for the incident and previous bans had not changed his behaviour. “At no time did the player show any kind of remorse or admit to any violation of Fifa rules and therefore showed no awareness of having committed any infraction,” the Fifa document read. The document showed a proposal for a six-game ban was considered but rejected as insufficient. “The minimum punishment was not sufficient to have the necessary dissuasive effect. Previous bans did not have an effect.”

so the daft cunt only has himself to blame with the "i fell over" excuse as the statement was taken into consideration before the judgement ....as already stated hopefully they increase the ban due to the bullshit appeal

The stupidest thing I keep hearing from these desperate daft scousers is that we're all jealous of how good he is, and want him out of the league to weaken their team. What utter bollocks. I don't remember wanting players like Bergkamp, Henry, Ronaldo etc.. out of the league just because of how good they were? The complete opposite in fact.

I also cannot believe his Uruguay teammates!! He has effectively ended their world cup dream and knocked them out of the competition!! Granted they are f***ing s*** in general and were probably desperate for him to play as they knew they couldn't win any other way. If one of my teammates ruined the world cup party for me in this manner I certainly wouldn't be out in the media defending him.

Karma is a wonderful thing, and both the vile club and vile c*** of a player are seeing it's ugly side now.

The point he was making is if he does something wrong he doesn't get to choose from what association he is banned from.

Yes, but everyone is banned from drink driving but only a few are banned for drink driving.

Because why not?

You might consider this was a good way of sealing a move away. ;)

He clearly enjoys playing football. So it's a punishment stopping him playing football. It also stops him fucking biting people for that period of time. The hope is he'll have learned his lesson by the time he comes back, but you're right he won't. But that means you punish him more, not less.  Tough shit Liverpool, your fault for encouraging his behaviour. Why are you lot saying he should just get a much longer ban for Uruguay? Is that not unfairly punishing the other players, the manager, the fans? They didn't bite anyone.  If you look back at these two seasons as the best chance you had for decades to win the league and it slipped away, you know who to blame.

"Because why not?" is kind of my point. You buy players who play internationally and their international career can impact on your club positively or negatively. Playing at that level might improve them. They might be fatigued from the extra games. Their position on the world stage might increase their value. They might get dropped/their team might get knocked out and leave them with more time to devote to the club. Or they might bite someone, lie about it and get a world ban for 4 months. That's life. Because why not? Why is it fine for an incident in the match to help Liverpool, but not OK when it looks like it's going to hinder them, because it has nothing to do with them?

He clearly enjoys playing football. So it's a punishment stopping him playing football. It also stops him fucking biting people for that period of time. The hope is he'll have learned his lesson by the time he comes back, but you're right he won't. But that means you punish him more, not less.  Tough shit Liverpool, your fault for encouraging his behaviour. Why are you lot saying he should just get a much longer ban for Uruguay? Is that not unfairly punishing the other players, the manager, the fans? They didn't bite anyone.  If you look back at these two seasons as the best chance you had for decades to win the league and it slipped away, you know who to blame.

Yup, Gerrard.

Yes, but everyone is banned from drink driving but only a few are banned for drink driving.

pedantry gone mad :lol:

Because why not?

If someone that are good at their job commits a crime, they should not be sent to jail because the punishment falls on their employers? :lol:

:lol: Miss the point much?

I said they should try to do something that punished the player more than his national/club side. Bans clearly aren't having the desired effect because the crazy bastard keeps doing it again.