Simpsons Been Mugged

Jordan

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3040692/Muggers-nick-20k-watch-off-Prem-star.html

FOOTBALLER Danny Simpson was mugged for his £20,000 watch as he left a barber's.

The Newcastle United defender, 23, was targeted by two youths who had been in the shop.

They slipped outside and waited for Simpson before swiping his platinum timepiece and smashing his mobile to stop him calling the police.

The former Man United star was walking to his £55,000 Audi A5 car when the robbers threatened to "end his career" unless he gave them the watch.

They then fled from the scene in Old Trafford, Manchester, in a Fiat Punto.

A witness said: "His watch was a big shiny square thing covered in jewels, the light was flashing off it.

"I don't know what make it was, but it was worth a few quid."

Simpson, who is set to miss the start of the Premier League season with an ankle injury, was left "close to tears".

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said a woman reported a man had been mugged for his watch - but officers "could not locate a victim".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3040692/Muggers-nick-20k-watch-off-Prem-star.html#ixzz0sn0re52Z

Guest firetotheworks

It's hardly top priority, but I was relieved to hear that it wasn't in Newcastle. I am a bad person?

It shouldn't matter how much his watch cost, it shouldn't of been stolen. It is stupid going to an area where chavs hang out though when you are wearing it.

I was like a few on here though, looking to see whereabouts in Newcastle this happend and relieved when I saw it was in Manchester.

It shouldn't matter how much his watch cost, it shouldn't of been stolen. It is stupid going to an area where chavs hang out though when you are wearing it.

I was like a few on here though, looking to see whereabouts in Newcastle this happend and relieved when I saw it was in Manchester.

This. Newcastle is obviously just such a lovely place to live ;)