James Perch

BeloEmre

I like him and thought he played well enough yesterday, but he didn't always do his job properly. Completely lost Lampard for that chance in the first half, and I thought he should have been a lot closer to Mata for the goal too. He's a useful squad player who I'd want to play against Spurs, but when Southampton come to SJP, I'd much rather Anita was there instead.

This, he wasn't picking up enough, I thought he was bang average and would throw Tiote straight back in tbh - alternatively I would drop Anita in there

I like him and thought he played well enough yesterday, but he didn't always do his job properly. Completely lost Lampard for that chance in the first half, and I thought he should have been a lot closer to Mata for the goal too. He's a useful squad player who I'd want to play against Spurs, but when Southampton come to SJP, I'd much rather Anita was there instead.

This, he wasn't picking up enough, I thought he was bang average and would throw Tiote straight back in tbh - alternatively I would drop Anita in there

This basically tells how much he has improved. To even have the conversation whether Tiote should replace him would've been hilarious couple of years ago. :lol: Mind Tiotes form has something to do with it too.

This basically tells how much he has improved. To even have the conversation whether Tiote should replace him would've been hilarious couple of years ago. :lol: Mind Tiotes form has something to do with it too.

I think it's mental now to have that conversation. Perch is a decent squad player but is nowhere near as good as Tiote imho. Yes Tiote has struggled this season but is still effective at breaking up play, I think Tiote will flourish with Cabaye back, Sissokho in the team and Debuchy. He used to hold onto the ball to long and I believe it was partly due to a lack of options to pass to such as Jonas, Simpson, Williamson etc

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dontooner

After observing the last 10 games where Perch played in the midfield, he seems to be player that ticks us along the most as the holding midfielder.

Think it comes down to perch understanding Pardew's Tactics the best, Very underrated player.

He has improved to the point where  personally i think he is just as effective in our midfield than Anita or Tiote. He seems to bring a balance in the team for me.

He has won me over ..