James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm alright with Perch playing. He wasn't actually as awful as some make out at Old Trafford, our whole backline was under big pressure and it was his first competitive game for us. He was good against Aston Villa, and despite a silly mistake at Wolves, had a good game. He's quick and quite athletic, so that makes him a starter above Simpson for me

He definatly has talent and is a great athlete, but he realy does need to cut out these silly lunges and mistakes, as this isn't the first time.

I remember him diving in down the left wing against Rangers (there winger just stoped and Perch went flying past), against Carlile (was it?) he gave away a stupid penalty, the Man U game he dreadfuly misguged the drop of the ball and ended up having to pull Nani back (luckily Enrique covered or he would have been off).

He's got pace and strength and showed with his block against Villa he also has a nose for danger. I'm sure he'll improve and learn to stay on his feet in the box. Still wish we'd moved for Hutton to mirror the raids of Jose.

I disagree, he seems like a very poor football player.

He's not strong, hes weak as s***, his crossing is abysmal. He himself is utter s*** as a player.

Look, he has three yellow cards in 3 matches and should've had 4 or 5 already. We got lucky with his bad tackle against Wolves.

I'm sorry but the amount of stick he gets is deserved, however I hope he'll prove me wrong.

You are either fishing for bites, or you're basing your impressions of him on match highlights.

4 to 5 yellow cards in 3 games :lol: Granted he got lucky in the Wolves game (first time I saw it I thought he got the ball) but you could also say he was unlucky to pick up a yellow in the Aston Villa match.

While at the Villa game maybe his card was undeserved at Old Trafford he was caught out of possesion and pulling players all the time.

I'll give him time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it.

I hope he does succeed though as he's a Newcastle United player.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonnyameobi

hes been decent enough since he came but he doesnt get forward enough to support wazza. looked totally out of his depth yesterday against a mediocre winger

The Everton scout who was at yesterdays game will inform Moyes that a massive weaklink is our right back and opportunities aplenty will come to any team that chooses to deliberately exploit his weakness.

Trying to exploit Perch is a bit pointlees when they can just walk straight through the centre of midfield.

The Everton scout who was at yesterdays game will inform Moyes that a massive weaklink is our right back and opportunities aplenty will come to any team that chooses to deliberately exploit his weakness.

Trying to exploit Perch is a bit pointlees when they can just walk straight through the centre of midfield.

If they actually play one.

We should have brought in Laurent Bonnart for free or tried to get Onuoha on loan. Perch should be nothing more than a utility back up at this level.

Considering his price, he's doing what we expected.  However if possible we should sell Raylor and Simpson to bring in a starting RB in the coming January.

We should have brought in Laurent Bonnart for free or tried to get Onuoha on loan. Perch should be nothing more than a utility back up at this level.

Is Bonnart still without a club?

Irrelevant, we can't play anyone over 21 until January

I have no idea who he is but Wiki says yes..

As far as Perch goes, he's average, nothing more..nothing less, he won't do as much good at this level.

Irrelevant, we can't play anyone over 21 until January

I'm aware of that.

Yeah, he's still available. It seemed weird to me that OM released him and weird that he is still available as he's been linked with a number of clubs in England and France. The latest news was that he should be signing with Monaco within the week, but he's still officially a free agent.

Yeah, he's still available. It seemed weird to me that OM released him and weird that he is still available as he's been linked with a number of clubs in England and France. The latest news was that he should be signing with Monaco within the week, but he's still officially a free agent.

Don't know what Marseille are playing at.. They've basically dismantled their whole title-winning side this summer..

Bonnart played almost every game the last couple of seasons.. they also sold Bocally, who was decent enough and their only option at RB is the boy they bought from Osasuna - Azpilisuetta or something, who doesn't look very convincing so far..

Add to that the sales of Ben Arfa, Kone and Niang.. Baffling decision making..

Deschamps disliked Ben Arfa (feelings were mutual tbf). Kone isn't anything special, and Niang wanted out for his big money Turkey move.

The rightback situation baffled me as well. I think Azpilicueta will be a good player for us, but as you said, a 21 year with little experience is the only natural right back for the champions.

Guest Splodgely

I feel a bit sorry for Raylor too but after seeing Perch a few times last season (albeit on the box) I believe he can only get better. Yeah ok so he has made some silly errors BUT lets give him a bit of a chance here, whats her played now? 3 premier league games in his entire career?

He played 3 games on the telly last season. Once against you lot, and twice against Blackpool where he got destroyed and was at fault for five out of the six goals we conceded, so dunno where you got that from!

Shame to see he's struggling, albeit not surprising. Definitely expecting a bit much of a player to start him for all of your opening games in a position which over the past few years, he's barely played in, and yet expect him to be solid. Hopefully he'll improve, but some slack does still need to be cut.