James Perch

BeloEmre

Hopefully the break will settle him down a bit.

Still prepared to give him a chance, but he needs to up his game quickly if/when he returns.

:thup:

Would preferably be a utility player but I don't go along with this sudden progress Simpson and Ryan Taylor are making not playing.

Would be tempted to shove Coloccini across there. He's played there plenty of times before albeit not for a while but with Campbell in the frame I think it's something Hughton should think about.

I'd like to see this. It might fail spectacularly, but then I'm not sure anyone can be worse than Perch right now, and Coloccini does distribute the ball well and is pretty solid defensively (especially in direct one-on-ones). Not sure if anyone can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that this is the position where he's picked up most of his caps for Argentina...

him and routledge were our weakest pair today imo. in general we looked fairly weak down the right and everton seemed to have most of their chances created down that flank.

That's normal for Everton though tbf, that left hand side is very much their strong point.

In my opinion he's s*** and i think Simpson will be our long-term right-back. If that's okay with you. :D

I see more in Perch than I see in Simpson.

As has been said already, Simpson is getting better with every game he doesn't play.

Not like you to chuck out another tired, forum cliche. :aww:  I don't rate Simpson at all tbh, but i think he's better than Perch.

In my opinion he's s*** and i think Simpson will be our long-term right-back. If that's okay with you. :D

I see more in Perch than I see in Simpson.

As has been said already, Simpson is getting better with every game he doesn't play.

Not like you to chuck out another tired, forum cliche. :aww:  I don't rate Simpson at all tbh, but i think he's better than Perch.

I was going to go after your performance at right back at Blakelaw that rainy Saturday morning, but decided against it. :angel:

The thing with Simpson is he looked average verging on poor a level down from this.  Not sure how anyone can see him being an improvement on anyone when (1) he's not playing and (2) we've stepped up to the Premier League.

Come January we are going to be desperate for a right back, Perch is clueless, no positional sense so he gets caught out all the time.

Ends up making silly tackles, I am hoping he can learn but thats not going to come as our first choice RB.

Its a bit harsh to put Simpson down, lets see how he does from when he gets back until the transfer window but we have to be honest and say we are going to have to buy.

http://www.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2010/09/18/1284831963706_233.jpg

he's given birth to a football.

Nah, he gave birth to Pienaar. The ball is the little bit of poo that comes out of their arse.