James Perch

BeloEmre

Carr was comfortably worse than Perch. That's not even a comparison. I don't know what sort of drugs they're feeding him at Birmingham but when he was with us he was worse than terrible, barely a fucking footballer.

Besides, we don't even need to go all the way to Carr, I refer you to Peter Ramage, David Edgar at right back, or hell, even Ryan Taylor in 2008/2009.

I've only saw the second half today, but James Perch is a Championship player at best. He has average pace and occasioanlly a decent tackle (like on Etheringham today). However his faults outweigh his positives. I saw it mentioned on here that he might be to blame for the first goal, but really if Carroll remains within touching distance of Jones he has a better chance to clear the ball or put Jones off.

- He needs to learn how to judge the flight of the ball. Two examples from today when he left Etheringham in behind trying to push up before making a recovery tackle and then his own goal as he checked where Huth was before diving for the ball.

- He should try and relax on the ball, often when he makes a mistake he tries to get rid of the ball quickly and normally just anywhere as opposed to a team mate. He never looks comfortable controlling a ball.

- Spatial awareness is a let down as he just doesn't understand where other players are/or will be going. Right at the end today he gets tackled by Williamson as he went for Jones, however if he had supported Williamson instead by going round him he wouldn't have ended up on his arse.

- A corner at Everton which is cleared slightly and we can still apply pressure, but then Perch tries a half volley that goes way over the bar instead of playing it wide to the corner taker to get another cross in.

- His yellow card record speaks for itself, most likely he has been booked because he has been to slow to react to a situation or has made an error and tries to make amends. Not every recovery tackle will come off like on Etheringham today.

I don't want to say he is done for, but I'd rather have Ryan Taylor in his place before Danny Simpson comes back to fill the RB role.

I don't feel any pity for him at all, he's had 6 games to even show a hint of being a Premier League player and he simply has not. He wasn't that bad today but he panicked at the wrong moment like a ninny and it cost us the game.

He was decent today other than the OG.  Feel sorry for the lad.

DECENT being the key word. He is never going to be a GOOD player for us.

Did anyone actually ever think that he would be a GOOD player for us? I've always assumed he was bought as a squad player to provide depth (which he is currently doing seeing Simpson is injured), rather than to be our starting right back. I'd be a bit concerned if we were shopping around in the championship to fill gaps in our starting 11.

So far this season he's either been a liability and one foul away from a red, or actually playing in attack for the opposition.

Sorry - Forest fucking took us for mugs if we did really pay £1.5million for him.  He looks lower Championship to upper 1st Division at best.

Before he lost fitness and any professional attitude at least Stephen Carr looked solid in defence.  This clown looks likely to fuck up whenever the ball or oppostion come anywhere near to him.  At least one step too far.

Disregarding the OG, he's a decent right-back with a terrible disciplinary problem. I suppose I'd be content with him as second choice.

Which is what he should be, unfortunately he has had to have been thrown in.

If he had played sparingly people would probably think he is decent back up but as he has had to be first choice, playing every game people think he is shit and now he is the scape goat he will always be shit.

Pretty depressing really.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No one else think that he was the root cause of the 2nd goal? Idly dribbling the ball up the right flank, no pressure, and just walks over the line with it to give Stoke a throw in. From that throw in came several back to back throw ins and pressure before the corner and goal. To top it all off he scored to end it all off!

No one else think that he was the root cause of the 1st goal too? Idly dribbling the ball up the right flank, no pressure, and just walks over the line with it to give Stoke a throw in. From that throw in came several back to back throw ins and pressure before the corner and goal.

That was the 2nd goal, but conceding a throw-in against any team besides Stoke should have meant fuck all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, caught that I had put first goal and edited the post. Yeah, against anyone else it wouldn't have mattered, but sadly we were playing Stoke today so it did matter. It was akin to just dribbling the ball out for a corner. I know it's harsh to suggest that the 2nd goal was ultimately all his fault (set it up and scored it).

I think he's been alright, actually. Obviously, though, we've all made up our minds and there's fuck all he can do about it. There were several worse than him today, including the golden boy up front.