James Perch

BeloEmre

Guest Rey Mysterio

Many of you say this (he's found his level), but he's not had one bad game this season and that includes DM. Handled Drogba very well I seem to remember.

Many of you say this (he's found his level), but he's not had one bad game this season and that includes DM. Handled Drogba very well I seem to remember.

:'( He has only had one good game this season and that was against lower tier opposition yesterday. Hence people saying "he's found his level".

I cannot recall his handling of Drogba, so you may have a point but I struggle seeing a 5 ft Perch trying to manfully handle a 6 ft plus monster that is Drogba.

:'( He has only had one good game this season and that was against lower tier opposition yesterday. Hence people saying "he's found his level".

I cannot recall his handling of Drogba, so you may have a point but I struggle seeing a 5 ft Perch trying to manfully handle a 6 ft plus monster that is Drogba.

That might have something to do with him being a right back not a central defender.

That might have something to do with him being a right back not a central defender.

Thats true, he was played out of position.

Anyone seriously think that he should be given a shot at RB then ?

He's not even that bad man...he's no worse than the likes of Raylor

I don't know how you can say that. Raylor has contributed positively sometimes this season (often out of position I might add) and would not be considered cover for central defence, where we are at our bare bones. At best Perch is decent as defensive midfield cover, but I'd say we have other options there. As central defensive cover he is atrocious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we lost every single match where we've had to rely on him in central defence so far this season?

Perch has contributed positively whilst played out of position too. Everyone knows he's not a centre half and produced some decent unsung stuff. There were even flashes of this in the Chelsea game. Which ended up as a completely unfair reflection of our performance. He's been decent as midfield cover when required. Not saying he's miles better but I think its been unfair that this lad gets dogs abuse after a couple of dodgy games and done alright in bit part appearances afterward, whilst the likes of Raylor, Williamson and Simpson get an easier time of it whilst being arguably similar in terms of their skill and effectiveness. He's not as bad as people like yourselves a making out; decent enough squad player imo.

Perch has contributed positively whilst played out of position too. Everyone knows he's not a centre half and produced some decent unsung stuff. There were even flashes of this in the Chelsea game. Which ended up as a completely unfair reflection of our performance. He's been decent as midfield cover when required. Not saying he's miles better but I think its been unfair that this lad gets dogs abuse after a couple of dodgy games and done alright in bit part appearances afterward, whilst the likes of Raylor, Williamson and Simpson get an easier time of it whilst being arguably similar in terms of their skill and effectiveness. He's not as bad as people like yourselves a making out; decent enough squad player imo.

His mistakes cost goals and points. That's why.

I'd prefer us to give Abeid some playing time in defensive mid. In the centre of defense Perch is a liability and the results prove it. Simple as.

Could say that about 3/4 of our back for tbh. FWIW I'd sooner see the likes of Abeid play who seems a genuine talent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol he gets in comparison to some of the others who are just as bad/average if not worse. The reality is we have a very shaky back 4 without Colo or Saylor that makes getting ample defensive depth an absolute must. The fact we've lost each time he's played a bit part says nowt. I can't remember a significant mistake he's made so far this season bar the Chelsea criticism, in a game which we Raylor got raped and Colo played with a crippled back.

Could say that about 3/4 of our back for tbh. FWIW I'd sooner see the likes of Abeid play who seems a genuine talent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol he gets in comparison to some of the others who are just as bad/average if not worse. The reality is we have a very shaky back 4 without Colo or Saylor that makes getting ample defensive depth an absolute must. The fact we've lost each time he's played a bit part says nowt. I can't remember a significant mistake he's made so far this season bar the Chelsea criticism, in a game which we Raylor got raped and Colo played with a crippled back.

I see very little vitriol towards him tbh, just a general acceptance that he's nowhere good enough at Premier League level, and definitely not at centre half. He certainly doesn't get as much vitriol as some of those you mention or others like Lovenkrands and formerly Guthrie, who get personal abuse on here.

I see very little vitriol towards him tbh, just a general acceptance that he's nowhere good enough at Premier League level, and definitely not at centre half. He certainly doesn't get as much vitriol as some of those you mention or others like Lovenkrands and formerly Guthrie, who get personal abuse on here.

We all know Lovenkrands best days are well behind him, Guthrie gave up last year at WBA but has since turned his attitude around big time, hence acceptance.

Perch has shown better form but is still not accepted by many.

Most unfair IMO

Norwich away?

Look, I have nothing personal against the lad, and I concede we need squad players. It's just I think we have better squad players in his natural position and he's woeful in a position where we have very little cover, so his "versatility" is not worth much in my book. However, with the club's apparent decision to not bring in better centre back options I am glad he's still here, as I'd rather have him then nobody (but only just). That said, I'd much sooner play Kadar at centre back when we're short than Perch.

Norwich away?

Look, I have nothing personal against the lad, and I concede we need squad players. It's just I think we have better squad players in his natural position and he's woeful in a position where we have very little cover, so his "versatility" is not worth much in my book. However, with the club's apparent decision to not bring in better centre back options I am glad he's still here, as I'd rather have him then nobody (but only just). That said, I'd much sooner play Kadar at centre back when we're short than Perch.

I have seen nothing of Medhi to suggest he can to a better job yet than Perch in the defensive/spoiling role he plays, and I simply haven't seen anything of Kadar recently to make any sort of judgement anymore.

As such, I'm happy to go with what the mnager and coaches decide - those players are not up to it yet.