James Perch

BeloEmre

I'm all about taking every advantage you can, and Reina's attempted headbutt was a red card offence. Had Perch not gone down, there was every chance Reina could have got away with it. I couldn't give a shit if attention is diverted towards Perch for going down and away from Reina for the actual offence - it was a red card, it got a red card and those are the two key facts in the situation.

:thup:

In an ideal world, he wouldn't have to throw himself to the ground, but that's not how the game works right now. Don't make a big fuss = don't get the decision. This won't be changing anytime soon, unless someone invents super-awesome technology that detects illegal contact.

So many Liverpool fans complaining about the Pearch incident almost trying to deflect from their absolutley abject display, coming from a club that employs Luis f***ing Suarez they really shouldnt be giving us a lecture on integrity. People in glass houses and all that...

It looked like he had taken a canny smack in the face from where I sit. In reality he shouldn't have gone down but the keeper should have still gone off.

Did from where i sit as well. Looked to happen so much quicker at the match than on the tv replays (slomo and real time). Aslo think Ba pulled him at the same time which made him fall.

I'm all about taking every advantage you can, and Reina's attempted headbutt was a red card offence. Had Perch not gone down, there was every chance Reina could have got away with it. I couldn't give a s*** if attention is diverted towards Perch for going down and away from Reina for the actual offence - it was a red card, it got a red card and those are the two key facts in the situation.

I don't see any advavtage for us if Liverpool have to field an untried keeper against Everton because Perch took a dive.  We were coasting at 2-0 and have gained nothing, if he'd stayed on his feet and the keeper still got carded then so be it. If it was Krul throwing his head and a Liverpool player going down we'd rightly be going mad about it.

Thing is, there's no way Reina's getting sent off without that reaction from Perch.

The referee had a clear view of the incident considering Reina done it right under his nose but Perch's reaction probably did contribute in fairness, which is stupid anyway because going by the rules he should have been sent off whether or not contact was made.

I don't know what these bindipping mongos are playing at giving him loads of abuse on twitter and facebook or whatnot either (plus racist abuse - quelle surprise!) I can remember a certain incident involving Reina where Drogba brushed his hand across his face and he stayed on the deck for about 5 minutes before Drogba was sent off and I'm sure there's been another involving their angelic keeper too. Liverpool fans have surprisingly short memories, which is strange for a club that are still living 30 years in the past.

imo the bigger issue is whether the FA introduce video reviews for incidents like this, in this situation Perch wouldn't have to go down and look silly. Going to the ref and saying 'he nutted me' and then an official checking the replay would take about 30 seconds, much shorter than that whole incident the other day.

Thing is, there's no way Reina's getting sent off without that reaction from Perch.

The referee had a clear view of the incident considering Reina done it right under his nose but Perch's reaction probably did contribute in fairness, which is stupid anyway because going by the rules he should have been sent off whether or not contact was made.

I don't know what these bindipping mongos are playing at giving him loads of abuse on twitter and facebook or whatnot either (plus racist abuse - quelle surprise!) I can remember a certain incident involving Reina where Drogba brushed his hand across his face and he stayed on the deck for about 5 minutes before Drogba was sent off and I'm sure there's been another involving their angelic keeper too. Liverpool fans have surprisingly short memories, which is strange for a club that are still living 30 years in the past.

That's right, I remember that. What goes around comes around.

Although Reina barely made contact with Perch, the intent to headbutt was clearly there and that in itself is a red card offense. Unfortunately, like Ronaldo says, if Perch doesn't react in that way nothing would have happened and Reina gets away with it.

Guest Phil K

So many Liverpool fans complaining about the Pearch incident almost trying to deflect from their absolutley abject display, coming from a club that employs Luis f***ing Suarez they really shouldnt be giving us a lecture on integrity. People in glass houses and all that...

Was thinking the same. Odd the ever-so-slightly-biased media haven't made the same point. Talk Sh*te Radio being the worst, I'd found over the weekend.

Guest johnson293

Lee Ryder ‏ @lee_ryder

James Perch struggling with a slight knock ahead of #swansea #nufc

Oh, FFS.  :frantic:

EDIT: Oops, just seen it was posted in the pre-match thread.

Reserve defender James Tavernier has been recalled by Newcastle from his loan spell at League One side MK Dons in order to provide cover for the remainder of our season.

Wonder if Tav will make his debut for us if we get more knocks.

Reserve defender James Tavernier has been recalled by Newcastle from his loan spell at League One side MK Dons in order to provide cover for the remainder of our season.

I think he's played a couple of times. hasn't he?

.com says not in the premier league

The 20 year-old whose current contract at SJP expires in the summer has recently regained fitness after missing a handful of games for the promotion-chasing Dons.

Loan spells this season have seen Tav play 32 games in third tier football (and associated cup competitions) this season for MK Dons, Sheffield Wednesday and Carlisle United - mostly in a right full back or right midfield role.

Yet to make his bow in the Premier League, the former Magpies Academy player made a senior United debut in the Carling Cup defeat at Peterborough in 2009 and also featured in a victory at Accrington Stanley in the same competition a year later.

Guest bimpy474

Played against Peterborough promotion season, then against Accrington Stanley in our first season back, both League Cup games.