James Perch

BeloEmre

Has started 9 games out of 11 this season and made a further appearance as a substitute - more appearances than any other player in the squad.

Cisse has started 8 and made 1 sub appearance, Williamson has also started 8 games.

Key player.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm yet to see a weakness in his game when he plays in midfield. Was brilliant yesterday and made some incredible defensive tackles and clearances. Very intelligent and efficient with his use of the ball. Quietly a star in the making, and I highly doubt we will miss Tiote at all, if Pardew does the right thing and plays Perch in his place. If he does well in those 3 games, it should be his shirt to lose, and Tiote shouldn't be guaranteed a return back into the side.

The main difference between the two imo is in intensity levels. Tiote gives us a certain urgency whereas Perch is the very definition of cool. These are two very important resources we are able to utilize to deal with different games and different opposition.

Never thought I'd say this but we need to get him a nice long contract sorted out. He's proven himself as a very capable utility player. He might be ever so slightly iffy at right-back but his displays at centre-back and centre-mid have been largely fantastic and he's put in a few good left-back showings too. There's also nobody else I'd rather see come off the bench and be hoyed into the midfield battle, especially in a mental game like the derby, because he just gets stuck right in from the off (remember that yellow card at Stoke anyone? :lol:) and wins tackles like nobodies business.

Perch and Ryan Taylor are two absolutely excellent utility players to have in the squad, like.

Never thought I'd say this but we need to get him a nice long contract sorted out. He's proven himself as a very capable utility player. He might be ever so slightly iffy at right-back but his displays at centre-back and centre-mid have been largely fantastic and he's put in a few good left-back showings too. There's also nobody else I'd rather see come off the bench and be hoyed into the midfield battle, especially in a mental game like the derby, because he just gets stuck right in from the off (remember that yellow card at Stoke anyone? :lol:) and wins tackles like nobodies business.

Perch and Ryan Taylor are two absolutely excellent utility players to have in the squad, like.

I still can't believe the turnaround in this guy. He was so woefully out of his depth in his first season here.

Credit has to be given to both Perch himself and Pardew for his improvement.

:snod:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/154512666-sunderlands-irish-midfielder-james-mcclean-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUM%2Fv1TCNbhIFcWogPI6sLkZ%2BlVftyFDtScNX9D3PIctLSGMc95ACvuN6VQPZLu1yw%3D%3D

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/154512653-sunderlands-irish-midfielder-james-mcclean-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdymbA5GFzr4Rlfxufa819PQIELUtSByRiyGP9Ro0G06Ok3fs6w5lsOk5r84wDQ%2BFw%3D%3D

Have said it before, but he is definately the most improved player we have over the last 2 seasons.  Impressive and clearly someone that matures with age, much like a good wine.

At 27 and relatively new this role, he should have a few years left in him yet. Sign him up.