Should the forum adopt another team ?

madras

Wouldn't it make sense to pick a club in a league that runs over the summer, would make the off season much more fun.

ie: MLS or the Norwegian League.

I'd vouch for Vancouver Whitecaps, we would get to follow them from the start as the join the MLS for the first time next year. We also have the links with Sir Bobby and Pedro bother being involved managing and playing for them.

Isn't it the Portland Timbers that joins the MLS in 2011? Or do both join?

I know we said no clubs that play in Red and must be in a city that isn't a capital or regional capital but Toronto FC have a lot of ties with us. John Carver was mananger there, a number of former NUFC players have played and still do play for them, they have very good loyal following, and well plenty of people from Newcastle seem to of emigrated or know someone who has emigrated to Canada and possibly the Toronto area. You can fly direct from Newcastle to Toronto during the season aswell, and if booked at the right time the plane tickets can be very reasonable. Not only that but Toronto FC are underachievers in their league just like us. Oh and I believe for a small fee you can watch highlights and updates of them online aswell, I think you can watch games live online aswell for a small fee, but i'm not 100% on this. That should make keeping up to date with their progress a lot easier.

I'll also put my hand up for Rangers but I know that is a touchy one.

Wouldn't it make sense to pick a club in a league that runs over the summer, would make the off season much more fun.

ie: MLS or the Norwegian League.

I'd vouch for Vancouver Whitecaps, we would get to follow them from the start as the join the MLS for the first time next year. We also have the links with Sir Bobby and Pedro bother being involved managing and playing for them.

Vancouver is not a bad shout.

Not a bad idea, especially since they play in Summer.

Guest Antigalican

Newcastle Jets in Australia?

Formerly managed by our ex accademy director Richard Money.

So how about somebody puts ten or so possibilities up in the poll then and we can start voting. The vote would need a closing date though, can't just drag on forever.

Guest firetotheworks

A poll would be a good idea. But Kaizero isn't one to quickly to react to what everyone wants. :razz:

EDIT: Fail, I thought this was the new shirt thread. Still, the point stands.

A poll would be a good idea. But Kaizero isn't one to quickly to react to what everyone wants.  :razz:

EDIT: Fail, I thought this was the new shirt thread. Still, the point stands.

There's always been a poll in the shirt thread, and there won't be a poll between suggest already existing mock-ups as their made from pre-existing templates from both Puma and Nike. :razz:

Unless this was a jibe about something else, which in that case probably is fair enough. :lol:

Montreal Impact. One more season in the USL after this one and then off to the MLS. You can all get in on the ground floor of what should be a wonderfully supported club.

No, Toronto FC.

Montreal Impact. One more season in the USL after this one and then off to the MLS. You can all get in on the ground floor of what should be a wonderfully supported club.

No, Toronto FC.

I have a soft sport for Toronto seeing as they are the closest MLS team to me now! Not to mention the seeing Carver and Robert out there briefly. They are terrifically supported by MLS standards, closest thing to back home.

However I will shamelessly be dropping them infavour of Vancouver next year! Going to try and drive three days to watch them!

No, Toronto FC.

I have a soft sport for Toronto seeing as they are the closest MLS team to me now! Not to mention the seeing Carver and Robert out there briefly. They are terrifically supported by MLS standards, closest thing to back home.

However I will shamelessly be dropping them infavour of Vancouver next year! Going to try and drive three days to watch them!

You monster.

No, Toronto FC.

You monster.

I guess nothing will change until they play each other, which will be next to never as they are in separate conferences!

Must say I'm quite impressed with Mista signing though, quite a coup if he still has anything about him, should have a good couple of years left in him at 31 too.

Still think the MLS will be up amoungst the better leagues in 10 years if the support for the game keeps growing in N.America.

I say Flamengo... just because their keeper is a fkn Raoul Moat type nutter :lol:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sc/scp-flamengo-pin-badge.gif

http://kasadojoao.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/gata-robertha-portella-linda-musa-do-flamengo.jpg

No, Toronto FC.

I'll be shamelessly dropping them for Montreal in two seasons, so you're not alone. I've never felt a love for the team and only supported them because of lack of options and I'm planning to move close to Montreal next year to go back to school. Plus Montreal is a way better city than Toronto.