How do you rate this World Cup

Guest firetotheworks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's been decent up until arnonel started to ruin it with his bollocks.

sorry dude, getting hot under the collar. when idiots make idiots comments i need to defend them.

if we were talkig football, i would be the first to admit that the group stages were cagey, and that things took after that. I would be happy to have a football converstation.

but for some idiot to say the atmosphere etc was shit gets me angry

apologies for the tone, i wont bring it up again, you guys can carry on slagging us off

It's been decent up until arnonel started to ruin it with his bollocks.

sorry dude, getting hot under the collar. when idiots make idiots comments i need to defend them.

if we were talkig football, i would be the first to admit that the group stages were cagey, and that things took after that. I would be happy to have a football converstation.

but for some idiot to say the atmosphere etc was shit gets me angry

apologies for the tone, i wont bring it up again, you guys can carry on slagging us off

Phew, that's a relief.

It's been poor.

Edit: though it has improved since the group stages.

actually, im south african, so, i know for a fact the atmosphere was amazing.

so, i have sky, and loads of real people,

you have your couch and your sulking attitude because england were crap as usual

We got to the 2nd round unlike the 1st host nation never do so. Oh & cheers for the cricketers. Shame the All Blacks creamed yous in the rugger yesterday.

Sh*t. Not entirely because of England, but largely down to the local f*ckwits with their stupid horns taking any enjoyment out of watching the games. The highlight of the whole Tournament was pressing the red button and listening to Chris Moyles for the last 20 minutes of the German semi. 

Amazing but I'm obviously partial :D

Taking out Spain's run (it's going to be f***ing great even if we lose the final), I think it's decent. Honestly think it's been better than the 2006 one, and maybe even the 2002 which wasn't that great either. Nothing like the 1998 or 1986 ones though, the greatest I remember in my lifetime (only have flashes from 1982).

whats wrong with african unity now? its something to be proud of.

you guys could learn something from it instead of constantly boo'ing your teams. thats 2 hours before you praised them as being the greatest the world has every seen.

Rooney, best player in the world. Going to win the world cup. Bad game. Boo them.

And now you want to rip us off for being united? you really live on an island.

Aye the World Cup has been an all time classic. Top teams and top players alike have provided us with so many talking point, the group stages in partiuclar being a highlight. Of course this is down to the unity of the Africans.

The World Cup is almost over, and barring a game that's the best I've ever seen, this has easily been the worst World Cup I've ever experienced. Your thoughts?

summed up in the OP really, i was borderline aware if italia '90 and remember that not being great but since that one this wins the shit covered wooden spoon alright

I'm actually glad it's over, not been very entertaining at all except the Uruguay game against Ghana and the England game against Germany.

The atmosphere has been very poor as well if you ask me, blowing a horn is hardly an electric atmosphere, but that is of course in my opinion.

Looking forward to the pre-season starting next Saturday.

you have your couch and your sulking attitude because england were crap as usual

I could have gissed.

and it's so hard to pin down why it's been shit, after 4 world cups where teams pretty much went out to win games and score goals we have this horseshit with no warning

can't fathom it out, maybe tactical overthinking?  maybe a reflection of club level football where everyone fears the big teams and defend/play according to that mindset?

i don't know, so lets blame africa

Average. First because of England, second because of the way most of the teams seem to play now; Rather try to defend than to score a few goals. Especially teams like the Netherlands and Brazil.

Football is a lot more defensive nowadays. A lot more about being regimented, defending in numbers, keeping the ball and scoring on the counter. This is clearly on show at this World Cup.

and tbh, I love it.

Are you allowed on buses?

Football is a lot more defensive nowadays. A lot more about being regimented, defending in numbers, keeping the ball and scoring on the counter. This is clearly on show at this World Cup.

and tbh, I love it.

How does that work? :p

But yeah, I agree more or less.