Dan Gosling

Dave

He'll get fined, that's it. Cameron Jerome and Andros Townsend have done exactly the same thing.

Townsend did get a suspension mind.

oh no what will we do

We're going to miss his runs/slips into the box like. The entertainment value has gone.

Sheer idiocy from him for this btw. Fine and ban on the way.

He'll get fined, that's it. Cameron Jerome and Andros Townsend have done exactly the same thing.

Townsend did get a suspension mind.

oh no what will we do

We're going to miss his runs/slips into the box like. The entertainment value has gone.

Sheer idiocy from him for this btw. Fine and ban on the way.

:yao:

Whoa there cowboy. In my book, an inverted diving backheel throughball assist (once-removed) certainly comes under the umbrella of 'active'. Wind your neck in.

I've never come under an umbrella. One for the bucket list

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-gambler-dan-gosling-gives-3227951

Dan Gosling gave his betting winnings to Newcastle United’s charity after being caught by the FA.

Midfielder Gosling has admitted to several charges of gambling on football matches - unaware that he could not put money on any game.

The former England Under-21 cap was shocked to get the call and immediately handed over his records to the FA investigators. He also decided to pass his winnings, of just under £5,000, to the club’s foundation.

Gosling had been mainly backing Manchester United to win in Champions League games and did not think he was breaking any rules by betting on that market.

He has also been betting on accumulators, including some Premier League games.

Ironically, the Devon-born player only started winning this season and had been losing money in the previous two years he had an account.

Now, Gosling has asked for a hearing at the FA next week and will explain the background further.

Gosling, who was gambling often in his spare time while recovering from injuries, may be fined for the offences.

I know footballers are thick, but this rule seems more than a bit harsh.

I think footballers shouldn't be allowed to bet in their own league, but what's wrong except sheer stupidity and waste of money to bet on CL football or La Liga or w/e if you don't compete in those leagues?

These footballers get rewarded quite handsomely for what they do, don't bet on the damned football matches!

Can't these blockheads find anything better to do? If you're so pathetic you need a betting fix, then go learn another sport and bet on that.

I think footballers shouldn't be allowed to bet in their own league, but what's wrong except sheer stupidity and waste of money to bet on CL football or La Liga or w/e if you don't compete in those leagues?

I would assume the thinking behind him not being allowed to bet on Man U in the CL is that say we play them the weekend before a CL clash, he might go in to injure or pull out of a challenge depending on the bet, or something like that. I know this is obviously very far fetched, especially considering he never even plays, but it's not completely without merit.

I reckon the bookies have grassed him up.  A bit sus that he only got the call after he started winning.

I doubt the bookies are going to turn away the sort of money a premier league player is betting because a few of them have come in.

• 2 weeks later...