Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I hope we SEA some more signings  ;D

Aye, hopefully the tides have turned, and we'll see a wave of new buoys coming in.

God, I hate myself.

1878/Neil, in your opinion is Gosling much better than our current midfield options? We're talking Smith, Guthrie, Barton and Nolan.

I'm betting they'll both over rate Nolan and Barton.

Don't remember the last time a former fan's analysis of a player turned out to be accurate, so I'll wait to see him play for us first.

Pretty sure I described Mike Williamson accurately for you lot.

Guest WashyGeordie
Daniel Smzyth (Everton fan) says...

What makes it such a "brilliant move" to leave Everton to join Newcastle? Is the boy mad? He has been absolutely shockingly adviser by his agent, and one can't help but feel the only "brilliant" thing about the whole transfer is the money he and his agent will get out of it. Dan Gosling symbolises everything that is wrong about the modern day footballer. Everton offered him 15k a week to say, he takes advantage of a loophole to get himself a massive payday and join a recently-promoted team with no history. "Brilliant move", Dan?

:fishing:

So if we tell you he's great, we're lying, but if he's shite, we're just bitter? :lol:

Average player who might go on to better things with some solid coaching but I really can't see him being much more than a mid-table PL player. The more games he gets, the better I guess.

Good luck to the lad, despite the debacle surrounding it.

Don't remember the last time a former fan's analysis of a player turned out to be accurate, so I'll wait to see him play for us first.

:thup: :)

Can't remember it, so I wont comment.

yep, I remember

Risky signing for the 2011/2012 season, but hey he's on a free. Now do we stick with Smith and Nolan this season, or do we get someone like Cleveley on loan for the season to stand in for Gosling who probably isn't going to be up to it this season.

He's only out until around November, he should get 3-4 months of football.

Do we ever learn?

Based on other players coming back from a sort of injury that involves a missed preseason, and out until late Autumn, we wont see him playing well until April at the earliest unfortunately.

He's a good player though, if he stays fit afterwards, he will be great for us in two seasons time if he hasn't decided to leave if we got relegated or something!

I don't know the player, but there's talk that he signed for us for the chance to play centre mid. A lot of young players get put out wide in the early stages of their career, because they lack the experience for a more central role. If Gosling isn't that quick - as most seem to say - then playing wide won't have given him much chance to shine, and hence the poor opinion that the Everton fans seem to have of him.

Hopefully Milner is a good comparison - a slow player who needed to play centrally before achieving his potential. Hughton's comments about him being a 'box to box' player suggests that's how he wants to use him.

1878/Neil, in your opinion is Gosling much better than our current midfield options? We're talking Smith, Guthrie, Barton and Nolan.

He's better than Smith (but so am I  :snod:) and probably on a par with the others.

On paper, Barton is easily the best of the lot but he doesn't actually produce the goods much these days.

He's somewhere between Nolan & Guthrie in style. His technique and passing isn't as good as Guthries (it's pretty poor) but he's harder working and more likely to get forward and grab a goal. Nolan without a season ticket for Greggs maybe. I don't really rate him though and haven't from very early on. He lacks the pace and skill to be anything more than an average player.

He's only out until around November, he should get 3-4 months of football.

Do we ever learn?

Based on other players coming back from a sort of injury that involves a missed preseason, and out until late Autumn, we wont see him playing well until April at the earliest unfortunately.

He's a good player though, if he stays fit afterwards, he will be great for us in two seasons time if he hasn't decided to leave if we got relegated or something!

He a talented twenty year old on a free transfer. I don't think one injury is any reason to pass this up.