The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Disappointed not to see David Silva on the pitch at all today like. One of my favourite players in La Liga last season, really want to see what he can do in the PL.

Jesus another fantastic player I forgot they had! Their squad is just ridiculous.

Guest neesy111

how the fuck did milner get MOTM, when Adam Johnson was much better from what we seen in the pub!  was it just Sky being cunts again ?!?

how the fuck did milner get MOTM, when Adam Johnson was much better from what we seen in the pub!  was it just Sky being cunts again ?!?

He cost more and therefore must be better. Sky's new rules.

It is early in the season, but the first few weeks can usually give you an idea of who is in with a shot of staying near the top of the table. Liverpool and Villa have got real problems in their squad and unrest/uncertainty behind the scenes. Right now they look a long way off last seasons performances and I'm not sure there is a lot they can do to improve other than hard graft and teamwork.

I agree. For Champs League, I think Manure and Chelsea are locks, Arsenal would be a huge surprise for them not to make it, Man Shitty and Spuds for the last spot.

If Spurs qualify for the CL this season I think the extra games will really start to take their toll on the squad, particularly at CH. They're going to be playing every 3 or 4 days and they're going to pick up injuries and suspensions too. Can see them slipping out of it a bit unless the droopy-eyed prick signs another couple of players. I think they'll finish about 6th.

That's true. I still think they are the only team that has a chance to break the top 4 of Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Shitty, the rest of this league is just not up to their standards.

I'd go along with that.

I think the top 4 will be away and clear by March and the likes of Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and Villa will be scrambling around in a little league of their own. The other 12 clubs will be trying to make sure they stay in the division.

Think City will finish 2nd unless ManU sign someone massive in the next days.

Chelsea

M City

Man U

Arsenal

Spurs

Everton

Liverpool

Think Everton need to pick things up a lot to finish that high tbh, the two games I've seen from them, they've looked toothless and distinctly average. They always seem to start off slowly though, so you may be right. Think they need a couple of big signings though.

Disagree (though I was bound to really). We don't need any signings, we need our squad to stay fit throughout the season (which it is atm). And although I'd agree with you about being toothless against Blackburn, we were much better on Saturday and will play half as well and win comfortably this season - and Wolves will play twice as well and lose this season. Just wasn't our day.

Doesn't help we have Villa - desperate to prove a point - and Man Utd in our next 2 games, admittedly. We'll come good, and I honestly think it would be stupid to write us off for a while yet.

It is early in the season, but the first few weeks can usually give you an idea of who is in with a shot of staying near the top of the table. Liverpool and Villa have got real problems in their squad and unrest/uncertainty behind the scenes. Right now they look a long way off last seasons performances and I'm not sure there is a lot they can do to improve other than hard graft and teamwork.

I agree. For Champs League, I think Manure and Chelsea are locks, Arsenal would be a huge surprise for them not to make it, Man Shitty and Spuds for the last spot.

If Spurs qualify for the CL this season I think the extra games will really start to take their toll on the squad, particularly at CH. They're going to be playing every 3 or 4 days and they're going to pick up injuries and suspensions too. Can see them slipping out of it a bit unless the droopy-eyed prick signs another couple of players. I think they'll finish about 6th.

Being widely said in the press that we're in for Fabiano and Lassana  Diarra if we win on Wednesday.  Probably took it off the forums, it's been there for the best part of 2 weeks.  Also being said Cudicini is talking to Boro.

Watched City vs Liverpool, really strange to see Liverpool get beat 3-0, it rarely happens to them or any of the "big 4." They certainly don't look like top 4 contenders right now, whereas City looked the part completely. Hard to judge how Spurs will do, the extra CL games might be a problem but with the right investment, the depth won't be bad at all and I can see them being a bit like us during 03/04, winning games like they did on Saturday at Stoke by the odd goal. Certainly, as MKSC says, it's between them and City for the final CL spot on the evidence so far, but who knows what twists we'll see. City could well be a volatile environment if a few results go wrong and the likes of Adebayor and Balotelli don't think they're getting enough game time, and Liverpool's board room situation is probably costing them dear. Get the players out who don't want to play like Mascherano and get the squad in shape and I think Roy will keep them challenging, but it'll have to be done quickly.

That's true. I still think they are the only team that has a chance to break the top 4 of Manure, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Shitty, the rest of this league is just not up to their standards.

I'd go along with that.

I think the top 4 will be away and clear by March and the likes of Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and Villa will be scrambling around in a little league of their own. The other 12 clubs will be trying to make sure they stay in the division.

Chelsea

M City

Man U

Arsenal

Spurs

Everton

Liverpool

Think Everton need to pick things up a lot to finish that high tbh, the two games I've seen from them, they've looked toothless and distinctly average. They always seem to start off slowly though, so you may be right. Think they need a couple of big signings though.

Disagree (though I was bound to really). We don't need any signings, we need our squad to stay fit throughout the season (which it is atm). And although I'd agree with you about being toothless against Blackburn, we were much better on Saturday and will play half as well and win comfortably this season - and Wolves will play twice as well and lose this season. Just wasn't our day.

Doesn't help we have Villa - desperate to prove a point - and Man Utd in our next 2 games, admittedly. We'll come good, and I honestly think it would be stupid to write us off for a while yet.

Thought you were toothless in the Wolves game too, sure you dominated possession, as you would expect to against Wolves, but that cutting edge just isn't there. You need a proven goalscorer, it's as clear as the nose on Andy O'Brien's face. There's a lot of quality in the midfield but without someone up front to regularily put the ball into the back of the net, you'll never reach the heights you should be capable of.

Not saying you won't be comfortably in the Top 8 but you could aim higher with more goal threat than just Tim Cahill.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

4k more in attendance than our game, that's disappointing really, for us.

Not really, considering we were repromoted, we had just ben beat of man u 3 -0, every pundit has us down for relegation and the club has chaged its policy of pay on the day.

We've been used to better though, even last season, hopefully people we come out again after the 6-0.

Took a few months for people to return from Durham (MEOW!), and it wasn't until the end of the season, when people knew we had won the league, that we had a sell out.

I'd go along with that.

Chelsea

M City

Man U

Arsenal

Spurs

Everton

Liverpool

Thought you were toothless in the Wolves game too, sure you dominated possession, as you would expect to against Wolves, but that cutting edge just isn't there. You need a proven goalscorer, it's as clear as the nose on Andy O'Brien's face. There's a lot of quality in the midfield but without someone up front to regularily put the ball into the back of the net, you'll never reach the heights you should be capable of.

Not saying you won't be comfortably in the Top 8 but you could aim higher with more goal threat than just Tim Cahill.

I'd like to have a quality striker but we just don't have the money for that. I think we can cope and make a top 4 challenge without one. Once we get into our stride, and I don't think it will be too long before that happens, the goals will flow, of that I'm confident. I fully expect our goals to be shared out again this season - Saha was our top scorer with 13 last year, but we scored a decent amount overall.

Beckford any good?  Where's the Yak?

Too early to judge Beckford. He hasn't done much in the first 2 games, though a few of our lot haven't. The Yak is at Burger King at the moment.

Basically we need to get what we can in our next 2 games, and if we put in performances I think we should be getting points, and then crack on from there.

Any of the cup games on tv tomorrow?

Nope, iirc. You're live on Wednesday, and Birmingham v Rochdale on Thursday. And no, I don't have a clue why. :lol:

Champions league game on tonight.

Sevilla Vs Braga.

Sevilla looked abysmal this Saturday, hopefully they were just saving themselves for this.

Guest neesy111

Since when was there no Carling Cup games on a Tuesday, and some on Thursday?

SKY = Cunts

So they can put champions league on tonight