The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Best part of last night wasn't Messi's goal, or even Mourinho's complete meltdown at the press. It was the beauty of the mighty Real Madrid playing for 0-0 at the Santiago Bernabéu in the first leg of a CL semifinal. That's what he has reduced them to, and they swallow it whole.

I'm a happy man :snod:

Best part of last night wasn't Messi's goal, or even Mourinho's complete meltdown at the press. It was the beauty of the mighty Real Madrid playing for 0-0 at the Santiago Bernabéu in the first leg of a CL semifinal. That's what he has reduced them to, and they swallow it whole.

Serious question - What do you make of the antics of Biscuits and Pedro? I'd be thoroughly embarrassed to have such players at my club.

Serious question - What do you make of the antics of Biscuits and Pedro? I'd be thoroughly embarrassed to have such players at my club.

See above.

What did Pedro do though?

We have an ex-convict. We have had racists, we've had everything. Yet you'd be more embarrassed if we had divers?

Probably the same way we feel about Jonas and his needless diving.

VI, you're a sensible Barca fan, are you not more embarrassed by both sides than anything else?

It's great to beat your rivals, and make them park the bus from minute one of a two-leg time (and at home, no less), but given the previous two games - do you not feel sad that Barca had to playact like them to break the deadlock rather than rely on their undoubted football brilliance?

Diving is really killing this game. It's got progressively worse over my lifetime, but it's beyond absurd now. Very little dignity left in the once beautiful game.

See above.

What did Pedro do though?

Fair enough. Equally shameful diving throughout the match.

We have an ex-convict. We have had racists, we've had everything. Yet you'd be more embarrassed if we had divers?

Correct. Who is the racist, out of interest?

VI, you're a sensible Barca fan, are you not more embarrassed by both sides than anything else?

It's great to beat your rivals, and make them park the bus from minute one of a two-leg time (and at home, no less), but given the previous two games - do you not feel sad that Barca had to playact like them to break the deadlock rather than rely on their undoubted football brilliance?

Diving is really killing this game. It's got progressively worse over my lifetime, but it's beyond absurd now. Very little dignity left in the once beautiful game.

It is killing the game, but it's a race to the bottom at this point sadly. Do it or die to it. I really hope we start getting some help to officials on this regard.

And yes, I don't like what Busquets does at all but he's a great player. What I'm supposed to do? Support Espanyol due to the iniquity it represents?

Agreed really. People forget its part of the game. If a player manages to dive and get a foul successfuly. Good for him, what can you do about it? Stop supporting a team because of it?

Fuck me, I hope we'll see more diving.

Probably the same way we feel about Jonas and his needless diving.

That match last night made Jonas look like David Batty.

Not that Jonas isn't embarrassing on occasions.

And yes, I don't like what Busquets does at all but he's a great player. What I'm supposed to do? Support Espanyol due to the iniquity it represents?

Agreed really. People forget its part of the game. If a player manages to dive and get a foul successfuly. Good for him, what can you do about it? Stop supporting a team because of it?

Fuck me, I hope we'll see more diving.

My word, do you work for Fifa? How accepting can you be of an evil of the game, man :lol:

Replace 'diving' with 'fouling' and it's probably an excerpt from the board minutes of a Fifa meeting from 40-50 years ago!

f*** me, I hope we'll see more diving.

No it's not part of the game at all, it's cheating :lol:

Thats like saying "Yeah the player was sniffing lines before he went onto the pitch, but it's part of the game, if a player manages to take drugs that succesfully boost his performance, what can you do about it?"

f*** me, I hope we'll see more diving.

And this is why football is turning to shit.

Some of the stuff Busquets and a few others do is on another level though.

I don't support it but I can understand and even empathise to an extent why players dive and try to win free kicks with the game the way it is now.

But the falling down clutching your face and screaming in agony when nothing has happened, and while you're on live TV being watched by millions of people around the world no less... I could never bring myself to do it, and I'd wonder about what kind of men the people who do it are.

Do they have no dignity at all? I'd be mortified at the thought of it, sitting there at Christmas dinner or something with your brother in law or some shit at the other side of the table, him knowing exactly what kind of miserable little fairy of a man you are.

Some of the stuff Busquets and a few others do is on another level though.

I don't support it but I can understand and even empathise to an extent why players dive and try to win free kicks with the game the way it is now.

But the falling down clutching your face and screaming in agony when nothing has happened, and while you're on live TV being watched by millions of people around the world no less... I could never bring myself to do it, and I'd wonder about what kind of men the people who do it are.

Do they have no dignity at all? I'd be mortified at the thought of it, sitting there at Christmas dinner or something with your brother in law or some s*** at the other side of the table, him knowing exactly what kind of miserable little fairy of a man you are.

Exactly. I don't understand how players forgive each other so readily as well (eg different nationalities at same club). If someone faked injury trying to get me sent off I'd classify them as a Grade A cock and want to have nothing to do with them ever again.