The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Wow, Mourinho claiming Barcelona get the rub of the green because of the UNICEF connection.

Low, even for him.

Your obv bias as fuck but if he's said that...ridiculous. Watched the game sans commentary tonight but it looked like Friskgate all over again. His lack of respect towards officials is absolutely rank.

It was a pretty horrible game, especially considering all the talent that was on view. The build-up didn't help, of course.

Last week, I saw Arsenal and Spurs tearing into one another in a real feast of attacking football. Neither club made the Champions League semi-finals but give me a game like that every time.

What a colossal set of complete cunts involved in that game. Absolutely no dignity, just cheat, dive and use underhand tactics throughout at every opportunity. Will be fully behind Man Utd regardless of who goes through in this one.

my sentiments exactly, i've never wanted man u to win a single game EVER but after watching that tonight i really want them to win. it was absolutely disgraceful from start to finish. the two greatest teams in the world cup winning nation not concerned at all about playing football.

Mourinho needs to have a lie down.

"...disgusted at the world we live in."

"No one has any chance against Barca like this."

I sense just a hint of bitterness in the 2nd comment.

For somebody who's so mythical with words and mindgames it's sounding a lot like he has cracked.

Law 12 states that to be punished with a sending off and a red card the crime in question must be committed in a reckless and careless manner whilst using excessive force. The laws then go on to describe what each of these should look like:

Careless, reckless, using excessive force

“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or

consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.

• No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.

• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

Careless? Maybe. Reckless? At a push. Using exessive force? Ner.

where's that from ? i'd like to hear it's definition of serious foul play.

He's always been an out order bellend man. He shouldve learnt ages ago you can't play the me v the world are when youre manager of the biggest club in the world. Wouldnt surprise to see him qt City next year unfortunately.

For somebody who's so mythical with words and mindgames it's sounding a lot like he has cracked.

His fake laughing/smiling tonight was so awkward to watch. He doesn't crack much but it looks like he has.

Redcafe is a repulsive read right now.

Going on about how they must be the saviour of football in the final.

i honestly don't see much difference in a cheating bastard diving and paul scholes hacking not to mention all those teams have set the standard in surrounding the ref.

Never fails to surprise me when he acts like a cunt that his behaviour is suddenly interpreted as 'mind games'. It's not mind games or anything like it - he's simply a cunt.

Complete bellend.

i honestly don't see much difference in a cheating bastard diving and paul scholes hacking not to mention all those teams have set the standard in surrounding the ref.

Closing my eyes, I imagined our players surrounding the ref while Rio lay on the floor, rolling, peeking at the referee, getting a player sent off, and popping up

It's a depressing thought

:lol: :lol:

Self-righteous hypocrite.

Closing my eyes, I imagined our players surrounding the ref while Rio lay on the floor, rolling, peeking at the referee, getting a player sent off, and popping up

It's a depressing thought

:lol: :lol:

Self-righteous hypocrite.

Man Utd don't try and influence a referees decision..

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_03/KeaneReferee_468x402.jpg

"any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front,from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play"

well yes, thats the boy, the force could easily have been enough to cause injury and so late that he wasn't anywhere near blocking the ball.

"Another miracle with 10 men wasn't possible," said an angry Mourinho, whose side were overwhelmed 5-0 on their previous visit to the Camp Nou this season. "Yes, I think we are eliminated. We will go to Camp Nou with everything and to get a result but I can't see it. We will be without Pepe and (Sergio) Ramos who didn't do anything and neither did I."

"I just want to know why? Why did Pepe get sent off? I just want someone to explain. Why did it happen? If I say what I think my career ends today. Sometimes I am a little bit disgusted to live in this world, but this is the world we live in."

"If we go there (Nou Camp) and score a goal, they will kill us again. We have no chance. They have to get to the final and that's that."

"Congratulations to a fantastic football team," Mourinho added in bizarre post-match press conference.

"But congratulations for all they have as well, it must be difficult to get to get all this power. Where does this power come from?"

Mourinho highlighted Barca's semi-final victory over his former club Chelsea in 2009, the Inter Milan semi-final from last season and now "the scandal of the Bernabeu," suggesting unfair red cards were issued to teams playing the Catalan side.

"This thing happens in each semi-final," he said. "I am here just to ask this question and I hope to get the answer one day. I respect him (Barca coach Pep Guardiola) a great deal as a coach and a person... but I would like to see him win a Champions League without scandals."