Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

As well as it'd be good for the players, club and fans to show their support to Ben Arfa, I really hope we see Ben Arfa at the games in one of the executive boxes or wherever once he's on his way to recovery showing his team mates support as well.

Wonder if someone tackled someone then followed through by punching them in the face. Would the receiving player be blamed for not getting his face out of the way of the following fist?

Uh, where is Calderwood blaming Ben Arfa?

All he is saying is that the injury was exacerbated by the positioning of the players legs, which of course it was. It was as he rightly said, 'unfortunate'.

he also said he didn't want to see that sort of tackle out the game. (stupid imo)

Suppose all is well and good after Ben Arfa recovers and plays to the level which we have already seen. He doesn't play enough games for the permanent transfer though. Do you guys reckon that Newcastle will stump up the 5m regardless?

i'm still not claer on the terms of this agreement. is it a) he HAS to play 25 games for us to have the option to buy him. or b) if he plays 25 games we HAVE to buy him for an agreed price?

any progress on finding out where we can send get well soon cards too, i think we should organise a mass Newcastle Online card sending bonanza

The latter. If he plays 25 games we have to make a permanent offer.

I think the player could still turn this down, say if we got relegated, but we'd automatically agree terms with the club.

yep, i thought so, should put an end to all of this 'oh no now we cant buy him because he has to play 25 games for that' rubbish. i really hope he hasnt lost his acceleration when he comes back because it was unlike anything i've ever seen

Wonder if someone tackled someone then followed through by punching them in the face. Would the receiving player be blamed for not getting his face out of the way of the following fist?

All he is saying is that the injury was exacerbated by the positioning of the players legs, which of course it was. It was as he rightly said, 'unfortunate'.

he also said he didn't want to see that sort of tackle out the game. (stupid imo)

I wasn't dismissing that, but it was important to not let the 'unfortunate' part get overly misconstrued.

As for the quote you highlight though, I agree that he might be better served not to get drawn into it, and like you I would do everything to stop injuries like that occuring, but how do you do it?

Should sliding tackles/tackles on the ground be outlawed? Coming from his background I'd suggest that is all Calderwood is saying, that you can't blanket ban on the basis of an extreamly unfortunate incident.

I wasn't dismissing that, but it was important to not let the 'unfortunate' part get overly misconstrued.

As for the quote you highlight though, I agree that he might be better served not to get drawn into it, and like you I would do everything to stop injuries like that occuring, but how do you do it?

Should sliding tackles/tackles on the ground be outlawed? Coming from his background I'd suggest that is all Calderwood is saying, that you can't blanket ban on the basis of an extreamly unfortunate incident.

easy, any tackle which is deemed deliberatly dangerous should be punished.........though that is already the law isn't it.

edit...if you can freeze frame it as soon as de jong lifts his left foot to go in for the ball and ask yourself if he is just trying to win the ball ? its exactly the same as the tackle from behind, it's outlawed because even if the player is going for the ball it's done in such a way as to cause damage which is exactly what happened here.

It was more of an apology to the Wolves fans for losing them the match, scum.

You listened to the Up For Grabs Now Podcast this week?

Good to hear some empathy from an Arsenal side, Davies was gutted for Ben Arfa. I can see why though, after Arsenal have had this happen on 3 seperate occasions.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

there is a mention in the FIFA regulations which states that when a player enters his final year of contract, he can redeem his final year.

what is the case of Ben Arfa and the sum and 3 million euros

I hope he is recovering very fast for us to wonder

and congratulation to all the post Support for Hatem Ben Arfa  :clap:

Traduction (français > anglais)  :blush:

easy, any tackle which is deemed deliberatly dangerous should be punished.........though that is already the law isn't it.

edit...if you can freeze frame it as soon as de jong lifts his left foot to go in for the ball and ask yourself if he is just trying to win the ball ? its exactly the same as the tackle from behind, it's outlawed because even if the player is going for the ball it's done in such a way as to cause damage which is exactly what happened here.

So it's down to making the right decision on individual tackles, not taking that kind of takle out of the game.

I'm pretty sure that Calderwood would agree with you.

Don't think this has been posted.. 

HBA's personal advisor(?) Stainrod said:

'Hatem is in bits over the injury, but he will look to get his operation out of the way and then it’s the road back to recovery.

'He will be doing all of his rehab at Newcastle and hopes to be back as quickly as possible. That’s the sort of lad he is.

'It just shows his character when he sits up and claps the fans as he goes off.

'It shows the feeling he has for the Newcastle fans, and I don’t think that many players would have done that in that situation.'

'He was enjoying everything at Newcastle. He felt under pressure at Marseille, but he certainly felt comfortable here. He’ll do everything in accordance with Newcastle and he’ll be back.'

That's the sort of attitude you need to recover well, and good to hear he is loving it here.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Redknapp just on SSN condoning the tackle saying we should be careful or we could lose that side of our game. Tool!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

It was Jamie, strange how some of the ex players think it's acceptable, saying we don't just want technical players in our game in the Premier League.

Isn't that why we were so poor in the World Cup?

Our style of play and Tactics are outdated if we think that wiping out the player no matter what the consequences are is OK.