Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Rodwell is a lot better, from what i've seen.

There's no comparison, really.

different sorts of player though from what i've seen. rodwell is more expansive, gosling is more like a jenas with a bit more heart.

Different players, aye. But Gosling is nowhere near Rodwell on the ladder to decent Premiership quality (a ladder I expect Rodwell to climb a fair bit in the next few years).

i'd actually like to have both together as they could well compliment each others styles.

The issue is: Gosling doesn't have a style, Gosling doesn't have a position. He's not an awful player by any means but I see little in him to suggest he'll become a good Premiership player, or be able to perform an influential role in a decent Premiership side. He'll 'work hard', and do his best to get into good positions - which I'd like to think are basic necessities for basically any player.

is gosling even guaranteed to walk into the starting 11 though? 

Absolutely not. There's one spot on our midfield that is (or should be) up for grabs, and that is LW, and I can't see Gosling taking it.

He is still only 20 years old though, and we haven't signed him for this season.

which two players are certs for centre mid ?

Nolan and Tiote.

nolan a cert . i'd like to think not.

Absolutely not. There's one spot on our midfield that is (or should be) up for grabs, and that is LW, and I can't see Gosling taking it.

He is still only 20 years old though, and we haven't signed him for this season.

Nolan and Tiote.

At the moment? He's a dead cert.

Nolan and Tiote.

His goals from midfield and leadership qualities makes him undroppable (at the moment) for me. His general play is also very underrated IMO, he does a lot more than he's given credit for.

Rodwell is a lot better, from what i've seen.

There's no comparison, really.

different sorts of player though from what i've seen. rodwell is more expansive, gosling is more like a jenas with a bit more heart.

Different players, aye. But Gosling is nowhere near Rodwell on the ladder to decent Premiership quality (a ladder I expect Rodwell to climb a fair bit in the next few years).

i'd actually like to have both together as they could well compliment each others styles.

The issue is: Gosling doesn't have a style, Gosling doesn't have a position. He's not an awful player by any means but I see little in him to suggest he'll become a good Premiership player, or be able to perform an influential role in a decent Premiership side. He'll 'work hard', and do his best to get into good positions - which I'd like to think are basic necessities for basically any player.

he'll be a centre mid. i know he played wide at everton but that was more through circumstance. everyone in the game sees him through the middle. he's a jenas or a lesser carrick.

Wow. I've avoided the football forum today, and just come in to see this! I know it's a relative risk with the injury etc, but you can't help but get swept away by the excitement! We could be seeing Barfa past this season! :D

Nolan and Tiote.

His goals from midfield and leadership qualities makes him undroppable (at the moment) for me. His general play is also very underrated IMO, he does a lot more than he's given credit for.

thats right now with the current staff but it's one of the top priority positions to stregthen imo.

Nolan and Tiote.

thats right now with the current staff but it's one of the top priority positions to stregthen imo.

:thup:

We have 3-4 players that simply don't need improving.

The rest is there to be strengthened on.

He's a lesser Jenas, I'm afraid.

That was with you. He might be different with us, afterall look at a player like Williamson. He couldn't even get a game at Portsmouth.

wasn't that for financial reasons though ?

Guest Heneage

I can see that joke holding Williamson back one day. But it's endless fun so i don't mind.

I imagine him reading the first bit and getting rather peeved.

A Jenas type midfielder wouldn't be a terrible thing. I doubt Neil's judgements anyway, he never goes to the games..... :shifty:

Niel is well bitter we stole their best player since Rooney on a free. Gosling reminded me of a young Zideane, he just needed to play more central.

Seriously though, he sounds a lot like Milner which if I didn't already have morning glory I would have now anyway.

Looking forward to Gosling, I think he will be back up to Nolan which is important as when he is out we have no-one central who want to get into shooting positions. He will also add a lot of energy. Basically Gosling > Smith/Guthrie.