Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He'll replace Gutierrez and we all know it.

Thank Christ.

Well yes, but I was relating it to goals. We'll still have Ameobi as our best striker up front. When he's back.

Sorry like but with the strikers we have left no point having Joey wide right any more.. back in the middle for me in a 4-5-1

-----------------Harps

Simo-----Willi-----------Colo--------Jose

------------------Tiote

Jonas----Bart-----------Ireland-----HBA

---------------Best/Ranger

My worry now (I am a paranoid) is that due to our fantastic option upfront, we will rush him back and then he will have  a setback in his very first game. If it means waiting 2-3 games more (and even losing those games) by all means, we just need about 10 more points and we can get that if HBA plays even starting April onwards. If he has a long term set back in his first game back, we are royally fucked!

Guest TrueToon

This Broken Leg is going to affect alot about HBA's play though,Some players recover well,But alot of the time players games are seriously affected by a leg break.I hope he can come back and perform to the levels we saw at the start.Really need his creativity and technical quality right now.

This Broken Leg is going to affect alot about HBA's play though,Some players recover well,But alot of the time players games are seriously affected by a leg break.I hope he can come back and perform to the levels we saw at the start.Really need his creativity and technical quality right now.

Smudger mk II, TBH.

Guest TrueToon

Smith is a typical example yes,Any scenario like that would be a kick in the teeth for us and him.

Smudger mk II, TBH.

The only reason Smith's leg fucked him up so much was because his ankle was practically facing the wrong way. Tendons, ligaments, everything around the joint was completely fucked up. Ben Arfa's break was much more 'clean', it was just bone, no damage to tendons or anything. His biggest barrier to getting back to where he was will be a mental one.

Thank Christ.

Well yes, but I was relating it to goals. We'll still have Ameobi as our best striker up front. When he's back.

Sorry like but with the strikers we have left no point having Joey wide right any more.. back in the middle for me in a 4-5-1

-----------------Harps

------------------Tiote

That's an interesting midfield, and could well be our best option. I'd worry though that we'd miss Nolan's goals, in which case, I'd drop Jonas and have a three man midfield of Barton-Tiote-Nolan, with Ireland and HBA in free roles within a 4-3-2-1. Tough one.

Thank Christ.

-----------------Harps

------------------Tiote

That's an interesting midfield, and could well be our best option. I'd worry though that we'd miss Nolan's goals, in which case, I'd drop Jonas and have a three man midfield of Barton-Tiote-Nolan, with Ireland and HBA in free roles within a 4-3-2-1. Tough one.

Skirge is bonkers wanting to drop Nolan for Jonas. What you said is how I'd play with everyone fit.

Thank Christ.

-----------------Harps

------------------Tiote

I am hoping HBA & Ireland will chip in with goals instead of Nolan.. also Joey has more chance of scoring in a more central role.

That is deffo more a ball on the deck starting 11.

Yes he may be a bit more wary when someone comes flying into him  but use his skill to make them look like fools as he leaves them for dead ,well thats what im hoping for anyway.

Clean leg breaks never affect a player's speed in the slightest, see Cisse who had the same break twice but actually came back quicker than before. Ben Arfa has virtually the same break, he'll be fine and he's not some soft shite mentally either, he's far too cocky to let something like this get him down, if anything it'll work the opposite way with him, making him stronger.

Getting 'assessed' for the Arsenal game isn't he? Not that I expect him to be playing.

Yeah rumours of maybe the bench but got to be to early surely

. Let him recover, if he gets a setback then we're f***ed. But I can imagine it would be a boost to the whole squad if he's back to full-training soon. I'd say the Everton match on the 5th of March will be his return to the team. And we'll see whether he plays then or not. But maybe by mid-march he'll be in the starting XI