Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

That's what I said but you could see why any player would do that for a World Cup.

I can see what you're saying. Dyer/Beckham did it too leading up to the World Cup in 2002.

Guest mimifrench

Why, once fit, don't your coach put HBA with the reserve squad ? You know, just in order to have some matches "under his belt" before returning to the premier league...

This should be better for him and his self confidence to my mind.

Why, once fit, don't your coach put HBA with the reserve squad ? You know, just in order to have some matches "under his belt" before returning to the premier league...

This should be better for him and his self confidence to my mind.

Wouldn't hurt I suppose but the reserve league is of a pretty low standard and Ben Arfa is too high profile to play on training pitches against kids..

It's gone from precautionary, to 2-3 weeks, to 3-4 weeks, to 5-6 weeks.

What a f***ing situation.

Aye.  It's like the whole saga last season, when AP kept saying he'll be back, then putting the date back and then he's suffered a setback etc, only for him not to play again.  The man talks shite, shame he's such a bullshitter, I quite like him for some reason, must be his lovely smile.

AP has previous though, he mislead us on Carroll's injury before he left and did this exact same thing with HBA last season.  Why not come out and say it how it is, or do a Hughton and use the cautious approach, would get a lot more respect if he did IMO.  I've never known a manager to move the goalposts as much as Pardew  :angry:

Probably going to miss four matches then? :(

Probably going to miss four matches then? :(

Don't forget the NUFC injury time accumulator. Two weeks normally means four for us, three = six etc...

This is always likely to happen at Newcastle. I suspect we're now looking at 8 weeks minimum

Guest palnese

How many more of these setbacks are we going to have?

One for each day until you stop that constant negative shite.