Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

How many times is Ryder going to use 'The Dreamboat' in his articles about Cabaye? :lol:

I'm such a tosser.

Wasn't there something said on Total Sport a couple of days back by one of the journalist's that each mention was going to raise £20 for the SBR foundation...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/29/yohan-cabaye-hails-ben-arfa-s-comeback-72703-29506157/

Yohan Cabaye hails Ben Arfa's comeback

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Sep 29 2011

YOHAN CABAYE has described the sight of Hatem Ben Arfa back in a black and white shirt as “simply beautiful” and feels that the French playmaker’s moments of magic can win plenty of Premier League matches for Newcastle United.

Cabaye and Co tackle Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Black Country bidding to keep their unbeaten record up after a stunning start to the season that sees United sitting pretty in fourth spot.

The midfielder though – dubbed the Dreamboat by some Toon fans – is looking forward to Ben Arfa stepping things up on Saturday at Molineux as he homes in on full fitness, and feels that his first top-flight start will be icing on the cake for United’s French Connection after a positive start for new-look Newcastle.

Cabaye, who has proved a hit in his first few games for the Magpies, told the Chronicle: “Hatem can win a lot of matches for this team, he is a match winner.

“He is a beautiful player and I hope he continues to get fitter. The quicker that is the better for Newcastle, it’s very important.”

Cabaye feels that United’s new French signings are steadily beginning to find their feet in the Premier League and there has also been the added bonus of the 25-year-old linking up excellently with Cheick Tiote.

Throw in the return to fitness of flying ex-Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux and Demba Ba’s goal rush against Blackburn Rovers, and Cabaye is a happy man.

The former Lille double winner said: “We are all starting to play well now.

“Hatem has made two appearances now and I’m happy for him.

“Sylvain has also played in the last two games and is getting stronger. For Demba to get three goals is great for all of us. It shows how much we are all enjoying life at Newcastle.”

*fwaps*

Definitely :fwap: worthy.

“Sylvain has also played in the last two games and is getting stronger. For Demba to get three goals is great for all of us. It shows how much we are all enjoying life at Newcastle.”

Its amazing how new players genuinely fall in love with our city and culture straight away.  :aww:

What do people make of HBA doing a Tevez, and refusing to warm up as a substitute during Marseille v PSG, two years ago?

http://goo.gl/jVK6o

if the reason was he was pissed off as he wasn't picked to start then i'd want his club to to hold him to his contract and not play him till it expires. let him rot in other words.

I think coming here has (and will) do him the world of good. My only concern is the influx of French nationals - as altercations with fellow countrymen seem to have been one of the biggest problems in his career.

Hopefully he'll get on with the lads in our squad better than he has with the likes of Squillaci, Benzema and Gallas.

Sorry not to get caught up in all the  :smitten: but I've followed his career for a while now - and have seen the best and worst of him. I have no doubts that he, like Cabaye can become one of the best players this club has ever had.

I think coming here has (and will) do him the world of good. My only concern is the influx of French nationals - as altercations with fellow countrymen seem to have been one of the biggest problems in his career.

Hopefully he'll get on with the lads in our squad better than he has with the likes of Squillaci, Benzema and Gallas.

Sorry not to get caught up in all the  :smitten: but I've followed his career for a while now - and have seen the best and worst of him. I have no doubts that he, like Cabaye can become one of the best players this club has ever had.

Or crash and burn like a post ball to bonce Bernard. :buck2:

Guest hatem garrincha

<<My only concern is the influx of French nationals - as altercations with fellow countrymen seem to have been one of the biggest problems in his career.

Hopefully he'll get on with the lads in our squad better than he has with the likes of Squillaci, Benzema and Gallas.>>

It's not the first time I read you writing  "half of the thruth" concerning HBA.

He made a lot of mistakes in his career and when he refused to play at Paris because he was on the bench, is his most very stupid one.

But I can't let you say that he always had "altercations" with his team mates. It's wrong, a false reputation established by some web journos for teenagers...

He had an altercation with Squillaci at Lyon, yes, but nobody knows exactly what really happen...

He never clashed with Benzema, they just both discovered that they were not friends...

Concerning Gallas, you made a mistake, HBA never played with him. The altercation was with Nasri. It began during Euro 2008 with national team and after when they both played at Arsenal.

Most importantly, you will find a lot of his ex team mates, from Lyon or Marseille - Bodmer, Kim Kallstrom, Boumsong, Cheyrou, Niang etc. - who talk about his geat human quality and kindness.

<<My only concern is the influx of French nationals - as altercations with fellow countrymen seem to have been one of the biggest problems in his career.

Hopefully he'll get on with the lads in our squad better than he has with the likes of Squillaci, Benzema and Gallas.>>

It's not the first time I read you writing  "half of the thruth" concerning HBA.

He made a lot of mistakes in his career and when he refused to play at Paris because he was on the bench, is his most very stupid one.

But I can't let you say that he always had "altercations" with his team mates. It's wrong, a false reputation established by some web journos for teenagers...

He had an altercation with Squillaci at Lyon, yes, but nobody knows exactly what really happen...

He never clashed with Benzema, they just both discovered that they were not friends...

Concerning Gallas, you made a mistake, HBA never played with him. The altercation was with Nasri. It began during Euro 2008 with national team and after when they both played at Asenal.

Most importantly, you will find a lot of his ex team mates, from Lyon or Marseille - Bodmer, Kim Kallstrom, Boumsong, Cheyrou, Niang etc. - who talk about his geat human quality and kindness.

Finally, someone who can correct Colocho's faux-knowledge of French football. 

I salute you.

Concerning Gallas, you made a mistake, HBA never played with him. The altercation was with Nasri. It began during Euro 2008 with national team and after when they both played at Arsenal.

Busted :)

As much as I enjoy your posts, almost everything you say is incredibly biased towards defending/hyping-up Hatem Ben Arfa - which almost invalidates your posts...

HBA has had problems with various players throughout his career. Diaby at Clarefontaine. Benzema (which you'll probably deny) and Squillaci at Lyon (which you'd rather ignore). Following a loss against Sochaux (I think) HBA criticised/insulted Squillaci and they then had a scrap in the dressing room...

Following his transfer to Marseille, didn't he tell La Provence that Lyon was a shit club, and they had an awful set of players? I remember a friend in Toulon telling me this... At Marseille there were reports of him having scraps with Cisse, and Zubar (I think?) Never really looked too much into what Gallas said, but didn't Ben Arfa apparently tell him to 'focus on his own game'.

You absolutely cannot defend him returning late from Tunisia, faking an injury against PSG and refusing to warm up, during the biggest match in the season (in which his side were losing at home in) - what about the well-documented fall-out(s) with Deschamps?

I've followed Marseille since I was 9/10 years old, you can't fool me with this Ben Arfa is an angel bullshit. At times, he was an absolute cunt at Marseille - yet I can think of at least 10 games where he came on as a sub and won the game by himself.

I don't have some kind of vendetta against Ben Arfa, I just know what he is capable of...

Finally, someone who can correct Colocho's faux-knowledge of French football. 

I salute you.

You need to give up this obsession. You can take up whatever you need to with me at Blue October.

Guest hatem garrincha

<<almost everything you say is incredibly biased towards defending/hyping-up Hatem Ben Arfa - which almost invalidates your posts...>>

Wrong, my friend. I'm searching a middle position between the angelism and your "it's always 100% his fault".

<<HBA has had problems with various players throughout his career. Diaby at Clarefontaine.>>

:lol: Come on man, they were 2 kids in pre-formation at the time. Did you hear the last interview of HBA for french TV when he said that Diaby was the french player who impressed him the most ?

<<Benzema (which you'll probably deny)>>

It's not a question of "deny" or not. He simply never clashed with Benzema.

<<and Squillaci at Lyon (which you'd rather ignore). Following a loss against Sochaux (I think) HBA criticised/insulted Squillaci and they then had a scrap in the dressing room...>>

YOU ignore that the altercation was on the training ground, not after a match and nobody in France can tell you what exactly happen. You'll find hundred versions for this story.

<<Never really looked too much into what Gallas said, but didn't Ben Arfa apparently tell him to 'focus on his own game'.>>

No.

<<You absolutely cannot defend him returning late from Tunisia, faking an injury against PSG and refusing to warm up, during the biggest match in the season (in which his side were losing at home in) - >>

I never defended him for that.

<<I've followed Marseille since I was 9/10 years old>>

I'm happy for you.

Choosing to ignore the trouble he had with Gerets, Cisse, M'Bami (not Zubar) and Deschamps at Marseille - as well as his unprofessionalism during the move from Lyon to Marseille, and Marseille to Newcastle.

Deny it all. Are you his little brother or something?