Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He'll get at least twenty five minutes, can't see Pards starting him. Would love to see him start but it's a quandary. I really like Best and Ba is tough to deal with. I would drop Obertan and have Marv or Arfa on the right.

Personally I prefer to see two strikers rather than one where ever possible. Best and Ba have both played very well so far, there is no reason to change.

I think it would be daft to change a winning formation too much to fit in a bloke who, talented as he might be, has barely played for more than a year and before that was sat on the bench at Marseilles.

Having said that I'm still hoping to see him get half an hour off the bench on Sunday, and its highly probable hes the most talented player at the club. As you said, a bit of a dilemna.

This is, we arent playing a Wolves, Fulham or Blackburn this time. Spurs are a very decent team. While Ba and Best have been great, between them im not sure if there is enough quality to cause Spurs enough problems. Against the best teams, you need your best players. HBA can give us the extra bit of quality we need to break them down. Personally, I'd start HBA behind Ba altohugh im convinced he'll start Ba and Best.

He'll get at least twenty five minutes, can't see Pards starting him. Would love to see him start but it's a quandary. I really like Best and Ba is tough to deal with. I would drop Obertan and have Marv or Arfa on the right.

Personally I prefer to see two strikers rather than one where ever possible. Best and Ba have both played very well so far, there is no reason to change.

I think it would be daft to change a winning formation too much to fit in a bloke who, talented as he might be, has barely played for more than a year and before that was sat on the bench at Marseilles.

Having said that I'm still hoping to see him get half an hour off the bench on Sunday, and its highly probable hes the most talented player at the club. As you said, a bit of a dilemna.

with the personnel we have, i have to disagree.

Guest mimifrench

What is the interest of that comment ?

Ben arfa is twice the player Best or Ba could imagine to be... 

If he's better than them, then just play him. If you don't try another system, how would you know that it won't work ?

HBA doesn't deserve to walk into the side. He should earn his place.

I had hoped he'd be ready to start this game (if he had played a couple of reserve games during the international break he probably would be), however, I'd be happy to see him come on for the last half an hour or so at the expense of Ba or Best.

I'm with Madras (as usual)..

Ben Arfa will unsettle the Spurs defence far more than Best ever could in his dreams. Don't need two strikers when you have someone like Ben Arfa in the 10 role behind, boosting both midfield and attack.

Guest mimifrench

I had hoped he'd be ready to start this game (if he had played a couple of reserve games during the international break he probably would be), however, I'd be happy to see him come on for the last half an hour or so at the expense of Ba or Best.

Absolutely agree with this...

Just don't hope that if you're losing the match and then you bring him on for the 20 last minutes, that he'll do some miracles.

Don't think it would be the wisest of moves for us to go 4-4-2 with Spurs, hence why i'd start HBA. Man for man, they're a better side and while I think that collectively, our central midfield is as good as theirs (not saying we have the better players, just an equally suited combination), it really wouldn't hurt to have HBA dropping back in to give us a hand.

I think he'll cause them a lot of problems picking up the ball from deep and making things happen, this is his kind of game imo.

I hate this idea that we have to lose to bring our good players into the team. Why don't we just pick a team that can beat Spurs? In other words, Santon and possibly Ben Arfa in.

because we aren't on the training ground day in day out to see if ben arfa,marveaux and santon are ready to start yet, also if putting two or three of them in may be a little too disruptive when it isn't a dire necessity. it's not as if they've just missed a game through suspension. for what it's worth i think we'll see the same starting line up as wolves and and that will be the end of that 11's run regardless of the score.

The thing is, as good as Ben Arfa potentially is, we need to play a side that will get the best out of him. Leon Best will challenge for headers and work hard, if we're in a game where we'll be on the back-foot and make numerous clearances we need someone who'll be able to hold up the ball and bring people into the game. Are we good enough to utilise someone like Ben Arfa against a decent side? That's the biggest question that needs asking.

The thing is, as good as Ben Arfa potentially is, we need to play a side that will get the best out of him. Leon Best will challenge for headers and work hard, if we're in a game where we'll be on the back-foot and make numerous clearances we need someone who'll be able to hold up the ball and bring people into the game. Are we good enough to utilise someone like Ben Arfa against a decent side? That's the biggest question that needs asking.

with a ben arfa,marveaux and cabaye, coupled with jonas's crossing ability i don't think we should be looking to challenging for headers too much.

I hate this idea that we have to lose to bring our good players into the team. Why don't we just pick a team that can beat Spurs? In other words, Santon and possibly Ben Arfa in.

because we aren't on the training ground day in day out to see if ben arfa,marveaux and santon are ready to start yet, also if putting two or three of them in may be a little too disruptive when it isn't a dire necessity. it's not as if they've just missed a game through suspension. for what it's worth i think we'll see the same starting line up as wolves and and that will be the end of that 11's run regardless of the score.

I agree that too many changes might backfire, but we know Santon is a better LB than Raylor and that he's ready to be given a try (played for U21s and well for the reserves). Can understand not wanting to split Best and Ba up though.

I agree that too many changes might backfire, but we know Santon is a better LB than Raylor and that he's ready to be given a try (played for U21s and well for the reserves). Can understand not wanting to split Best and Ba up though.

i'd probably go for that aswell.

What is the interest of that comment ?

Ben arfa is twice the player Best or Ba could imagine to be... 

If he's better than them, then just play him. If you don't try another system, how would you know that it won't work ?

And you've seen loads of both, no doubt.

This HBA crap is getting ridiculous. He most definitely deserves to walk into the side, he's one of the most talented footballers we've had for years. So fucking what if he has been out a year, he was injured and now he's INJURY FREE. He's even played matches. What more do you want? Do you seriously (from a footballing perspective) want to bench him for Best? At least a loss on Sunday will see Santon, Ben Arfa and Marveaux starting the game after that.  :shifty:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Completely disagree with the "earn your place thing". Learnt my lesson from Blackpool at home, Smith and Routledge ahead of Ben Arfa and Tiote. The best team plays. It's our best opportunity to test ourselves as well.

Guest benarfaNUFC

If Pardew does not play Ben Arfa he will leave in January

Nufc is not a big club the only reason that Ben Arfa is the public has come and play every game as playmaker. If they can go  in a large club to play the joker as the real