Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wouldn't start him against Stoke but he was better than he was against Spurs.

Agree with that. I don't think Stoke is the game for him, but i'd give him ninety minutes against Blackburn if possible. Pleased that he got a full 45 today; will go a long way to improving his match sharpness.

Couple of really nice bursts mixed in with a few crazy unnecessary back heels but a better performance. I think people will need to get used to his style of player where he always looks to create something and not over criticise when it doesn't always come off.

Doesn't look as physically strong as before. When he gets the ball now i get the feeling he's guna get pushed off it with a strong breeze.

the people saying he was "crap" seem to be expecting messi like performances. There's a reason he is playing for us and not a champions league team and he's been out for 12 months! starting to really erk me now how knee-jerk people are.

Don't understand the criticism at all. Thought we looked far more dangerous with him on the pitch.

Was watching SSN down the pub and Charlie Nicholas said we instantly looked more dangerous once Ben Arfa was on.

Yep. 

the people saying he was "crap" seem to be expecting messi like performances. There's a reason he is playing for us and not a champions league team and he's been out for 12 months! starting to really erk me now how knee-jerk people are.

:lol:

We were more dangerous. 

We be far more dangerous if he was in starting 11 and had time work with Cabaye, Jonas, and Cabaye.  Maybe Marveaux too.

Can't disagree that Cabaye is so good he's worth 2 players.

It looks his agility/pace isn't completely back, which I hope is a sharpness/fitness issue rather than an uncorrectable physical issue, but he had a few nice touches and looked better towards the end of the match. I would start him against Stoke to make sure we're able to control possession. It'll be important to make sure the game's played in their half so we aren't subjected to the avalanche of crosses and throw-ins from dangerous positions.

I thought his pace looked decent tbh. Hard to judge, but when he got going a couple of times he was really shifting.

It'll take time to get match sharpness back, but he's fit now so pace will either be there or will never be.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It looks his agility/pace isn't completely back, which I hope is a sharpness/fitness issue rather than an uncorrectable physical issue, but he had a few nice touches and looked better towards the end of the match. I would start him against Stoke to make sure we're able to control possession. It'll be important to make sure the game's played in their half so we aren't subjected to the avalanche of crosses and throw-ins from dangerous positions.

I thought we've seen quite a bit of his acceleration of old actually.

Some of the criticism aimed at him beyond belief, he came on and showed a few decent touches, had a good shot on goal and all round did well considering he's played less than 90 minutes for us this season and missed most of pre-season.

He did well all things considered, rusty but better than he did in the previous game.

Guest michaelfoster

Think he was pretty average today tbh, apart from the shot he gave the ball away too much, silly flicks to nobody, tackled after a poor first touch or got dispossessed but i think it will come back in time.