Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He sounds a right wanker.

Although that would probably work in our favour, as the "big" teams maybe wouldn't touch him. If we sign him, which is a huge if, he could be either the best or worst signing we've ever made.

never bought a toon top for the last 4 years, but if we buy ben arfa i will get one with his name and number on. close the deal ashley, close the deal.

You could make yourself £50 here Ashley if you just get £6m out of your wallet.

Regardless of whether he signs for us or not, I hope Hughton hasnt put all his eggs in one basket here and that he has alternative options available to strengthen the squad.

The problem is that he hasn't got many eggs to PUT in any basket ! He was probably relying on the signing of

players like Cleverley to keep the fans happy - HBA would just have been the icing on the cake ; look how many on here are doing handstands at the prospect of signing him...

We've come a long way from the heady days of speculating whether the best CF in Europe was going to sign for his home-town club instead of Man U..!!

here is the latest fr The journal  :undecided:

United are understood to have had an initial loan bid turned down and the addition of Benfica and Hoffenheim to the race for his signature has complicated matters. There has been no further contact with the Ligue 1 side since the initial offer.

Hughton, who has played a straight bat to most transfer rumours to avoid being drawn into bidding wars, said there was no update on the club’s pursuit of the player, who was called up for senior France duty last week.

“We do realise it’s being banded around but there has been no progress,” he said.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

here is the latest fr The journal  :undecided:

United are understood to have had an initial loan bid turned down and the addition of Benfica and Hoffenheim to the race for his signature has complicated matters. There has been no further contact with the Ligue 1 side since the initial offer.

Hughton, who has played a straight bat to most transfer rumours to avoid being drawn into bidding wars, said there was no update on the club’s pursuit of the player, who was called up for senior France duty last week.

“We do realise it’s being banded around but there has been no progress,” he said.

A career in politics lies a head for Hughton. His handling of transfer rumours has been well thought out.

Guest taps01

According o tf1 this is basically a done deal which surprises me as yesterday he was 99% at benfica

Is TF1 a radio station or a paper or?

TV station i think.

I'm beginning to think that, for better or worse, this loan deal is going to go through. The player wants to showcase himself in the Premiership and is stonewalling every other possible move. He does seem to have a very stubborn streak.

This may be fanciful, but my only hope is that the lad might respond better to Hughton than previous managers, with them both being of mixed race. It shouldn't make a difference to the player, but you never know. Still seems more likely than not to fail though, given what we've heard about the player.

A loan deal would certainly benefit us.

If it doesn't work out, our reported (small) transfer budget won't have been impacted too much.

Whereas if it does, it may put him in the shop window for other clubs, but we've had a season from a player who has brought a lot to the side, while helping establish us as a Premiership team again.

Although I still don't hold my hopes up, as this regime has done this to us before.