Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

just dropped in to say, Happy ben arfa day people! pretty peeved this aint on telly, fancied a w*** tonight

It's on the radio though, be like one of those dirty chat lines.

'He's a character. He's not going to be smooth running. I won't say he's high maintenance but he's not low maintenance and we're going to have our moments with him. I'm sure he's going to fall out with me and my staff and my players and we will with him, but along that line we're hoping to get some great performances and a lot of goals from him.

'He's been out for so long that the beauty is that I don't have to rush him. Last year when we lost Andy Carroll I was really desperate for him at times if I'm honest. This year I feel the results and performances mean we don't have to rush him. This is a bit early for him but he needs a game. I know he's a player that can reach heights that other players can't reach. He's a Newcastle-type player, the type that fans love up here and I felt it was important we secured him.

'It's just a point of getting him right, there's no doubt about his craft which is exceptional.

'He needs to fit into the work-rate of the side because we're not so good that we can carry a player.

'The way he plays he's had people kicking him and lumping him up in the air since he was seven, so it's natural to him and he won't think twice about it. Someone will come through the back or the side of him and you hope he'll stand up and be fine when that happens.'

Feck me, Pardew can be a complete dickhead at times.

Roughly translated, he's saying the player can be trouble and he's not sure about his ability to recover his confidence after his injury.

I hope this is a piece of smart psychology - challenging the player not to live up to these features of his reputation.

Sometimes Pardew can be too smart for his own good though.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Oh dear we miss you, I do not know if you have news of OM everything goes wrong since you left there is the abyss right now.

good luck  O0

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Alan Pardew just waiting for almost a year: to bring Hatem Ben Arfa "in number 10 behind a point." Newcastle coach will be able to implement his system, as the French international playmaker finally returns to the front of the stage. Seriously injured by a tackle from Nigel de Jong 3 October 2010, former player of Lyon and Marseille has long treated, relapsed this summer but is back, 352 days later. Forever.

HATEM IS BACK!!!!!

"Hatem had to be strong, especially after he sprained summer. This was a blow to him, "said the manager English. 24 years old, under contract until June 2016, Ben Arfa should not hold on Tuesday evening 16es-finals of the League Cup against Nottingham Forest. But to see him wear a football jersey and trample the grass will come into play when it warms the heart out of the world. And not to Newcastle.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110920_080827_newcastle-retrouve-ben-arfa.html

"Ben Arfa finally returns" to read in full in L'Equipe on Tuesday 20 September.