Leon Best

Leazes1986

Mowbray clearly trying a new tactic of being linked with a s**** striker in the hope it makes one of Lita, McDonald or Boyd so pissed off they could lose there spot to Bestie that they start scoring goals.

It worked for Carroll.

True.

Last season AC had 4 league goals pre-Best (01/02/2010) then in Feb feeling hacked of that LB had joined he scored 5 goals in that month.

Guest neesy111

Clearly best was just signed as a backup striker last January, he's been fit for almost 2 months now and has been no-where near the 1st team.

Clearly best was just signed as a backup striker last January, he's been fit for almost 2 months now and has been no-where near the 1st team.

Best, Routledge & Williamson were all signed because they were proven Championship players & there fees were low because Best & Routledge contracts did not have long left & Williamson because Pompy were up the shitter. Low risk transfers.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shola will never leave this club. He will hang around forever, like a benign tumor that you just can't dig out. After he retires as a player he will become a coach then one day manager and eventually owner.

He'll be appointed Ambassador of Endor when he retires.

Best

Ameobi

Xisco

Perch

Campbell

Harper

Smith

If we could offload them and buy a striker with the money raised i'd be over the moon.

Great plan apart from the fact that we'd have a ridiculously thin squad...

We'd cope without all of them, only Perch at the start of the season was really needed, Sol came in but Kadar could have done it instead. We'd have a new striker to replace Ameobi, Xisco & Best can't get a game. Smith is Smith, Harper has been ousted by Krul and Forster can come home in the winter window. I'd imagine we'd save a pretty penny in wages by the end of the season also and could probably afford a new player just from that.

Hughesy is right. We get rid of those players and we need at least 4/5 replacements IMO.

Need to replace players who don't play?

Harper - Forster

Perch - Have a point

Smith - Can't get a game

Xisco - Never plays

Best - Never plays

Ameobi - New striker

Campbell - 4th choice Kadar steps up (people were saying they wanted Kadar played ahead of Taylor a couple of weeks ago)

We need cover for Tiote and Simpson, Smith and Perch are not good enough, I see no point in keeping them.

Now is the time to offload the fringe players, Pardew can make changes and its not an admission of players not being good enough, he's a new manager and just wants to raise funds. You never know Ashley might supplement him with a few million if he lowers the wage bill by getting rid of the deadwood, knowing he'll have it back by the summer in saved wages.

I'd agree with Toon's Taylor, none of those players would be missed at all really. I'd keep Campbell though, personally.

Problem with the others is that nobody is going to be daft enough to take Xisco or Smith on the wages they're on and Shola and Harper probably wouldn't agree to leave even if they weren't wanted anymore.

Best and Perch you could probably move, due to the fact that they're young and probably on manageable wages.

Just get rid of Best, Xisco and Smith for now. The first two can be replaced with the striker we already need and Smith can be replaced by Gosling and Ben Arfa.

Then in the summer Harper and Perch can join them. Shola will never leave.

Guest Stephen927

Bit gutted for the lad cos it was his big chance, but if the manager doesn't think he's good enough for this league, then he needs to be moved on. No room for sentiment I'm afraid. From the little he played last season I don't think he can step up, and going on his past stats there's no evidence he could do it given a run of games.

Hughesy is right. We get rid of those players and we need at least 4/5 replacements IMO.

Need to replace players who don't play?

Harper - Forster

Perch - Have a point

Smith - Can't get a game

Xisco - Never plays

Best - Never plays

Ameobi - New striker

Campbell - 4th choice Kadar steps up (people were saying they wanted Kadar played ahead of Taylor a couple of weeks ago)

We need cover for Tiote and Simpson, Smith and Perch are not good enough, I see no point in keeping them.

Now is the time to offload the fringe players, Pardew can make changes and its not an admission of players not being good enough, he's a new manager and just wants to raise funds. You never know Ashley might supplement him with a few million if he lowers the wage bill by getting rid of the deadwood, knowing he'll have it back by the summer in saved wages.

It's called having a squad.  Not all players in squads play on an even semi regular basis.

Selling all those players, however crap you might think they are, and buying one striker is just utter madness.

It's called having a shit squad where players not good enough come in and are shite.

Like I said Perch is the only one who'd be missed and that's just down to him being a body, nothing to do with his quality.

I'm all for having a squad, Routledge is a squad player worth keeping for example, but players on high wages with limited to no talent are not my cup of tea and we can do better. A pacey striker to partner Carroll would have more impact over the season than them lot put together, and that's my point.

If we get any injures I'd rather see youngsters have a go rather than proven crap

Just one more thing, i'd rather have a starting XI of good capable players and when fit can win games being backed up by young talent rather than have loads of average players in the XI and backing it up and the youngsters not getting a look in.

Yeah it might be a shit squad, but it's a squad that is scarcely deep enough to cope at the moment - without selling off 7 members of it.

You're advocating selling off 3 strikers and leaving us with Carroll, Ranger (hardly proven), Lovenkrands (doesn't look cut out for it at all) and this mystery new striker who may or may not adapt.  One injury to Carroll and things aren't looking good.

Our defence would consist of Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Williamson, Kadar and Enrique.  You genuinely think we could cope with that for the rest of the season??  Imagine how we'd have coped if Colo and Williamson had got their bans with that defence in the squad.  We'd have had 4 defenders for 3 games.  That is not a sensible plan.

Sell off the crap in the summer when we have survived and are able to bring in some decent replacements.

Yeah it might be a s*** squad, but it's a squad that is scarcely deep enough to cope at the moment - without selling off 7 members of it.

You're advocating selling off 3 strikers and leaving us with Carroll, Ranger (hardly proven), Lovenkrands (doesn't look cut out for it at all) and this mystery new striker who may or may not adapt.  One injury to Carroll and things aren't looking good.

Our defence would consist of Simpson, Saylor, Colo, Williamson, Kadar and Enrique.  You genuinely think we could cope with that for the rest of the season??  Imagine how we'd have coped if Colo and Williamson had got their bans with that defence in the squad.  We'd have had 4 defenders for 3 games.  That is not a sensible plan.

Sell off the crap in the summer when we have survived and are able to bring in some decent replacements.

i think they've heard how ben arfa can play in a few positions so our attacking line up will be something like this.

ben arfa  tiote  nolan  ben arfa

ben arfa

carroll.