Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Cracking player this lad. I hope he's here long enough for us to become a good team again. He's carrying the midfield to be totally honest... a decent partner and a decent couple of strikers in the same team as Tiote would be great to watch. It'd be seemless.

I'd renewed a bit of faith in Joey Barton but Cheick absolutely pisses on him.

Barton hasn't been too bad this season, but the way Tiote covers the ground with his pace and running shows exactly what we've been missing in our central midfield for years now. He runs while others jog.

Not worth wasting him on thugs like that.

Smith on the other hand...

Should've brought him on instead of Carroll just to go up to De Jong and launch a studs-first flying tackle at his nose.

That tackle would have repaid the 6 mil we paid for him, right there.

What a signing. Been immense so far today.

Great athlete. Gets caught in possession too much and makes some atrocious passing decisions. It's the kind of thing that could be fixed, though.

What on earth are you talking about? I'm guessing you didn't watch the match today?

Since he has joined I can't think of any atrocious passing decisions and he has maybe been caught in possession once or twice at most? Did he destroy you in a past life Baba?

Great athlete. Gets caught in possession too much and makes some atrocious passing decisions. It's the kind of thing that could be fixed, though.

What on earth are you talking about? I'm guessing you didn't watch the match today?

Since he has joined I can't think of any atrocious passing decisions and he has maybe been caught in possession once or twice at most? Did he destroy you in a past life Baba?

yip, dont get that comment at all. Best player on the park today

You make one comment and everyone jumps one you. I like him. He's a strong player that will battle for us in the centre, whihc is something we haven't had since Parker left. I am simply stating where he can improve. Against Stoke he played around with the ball in our end too and lost it a few times. Today, I distinctly remember him bursting forward into a good position and passing the ball off into nothingness. In his position, I'd much rather he just kept the team in possession then take too many risks. I like the arrogance and confidence he displays, though.