Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

My guess is that Tiote had the "slightest" of niggles and Pardew has cleverly used it as a reason to rest him against Blackburn (even though he would have anyway), by next monday he will have recovered.

Apparantly Abeid will play instead and is being groomed to replace Tiote when its the ACN.

Source?

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Abeid likely to start at Ewood Park: AP is already preparing him to take Tiote's role when the midfielder goes to the ANC.Perch in 4 Taylor?

Might just be his opinion. Id imagine Cabaye would take Tiotes role when hes gone really & then someone like Abeid/Ben Arfa/Marv would fill his place behind two strikers.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/23/abeid-could-get-nod-when-tiote-s-away-for-cup-79310-29642108/

“He’s in my thinking when Cheick goes away. I’m gearing him up for that period,” Pardew said.

“His progress continues. He scored two for the reserves the other day and he could find himself jumping ahead of one or two others, we’ll see.”

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc I'm told from a reliable source that Cheick Tiote's injury is not a serious one and the player still keen to play at Stoke

I'm sure he's been fairly accurate lately with his 'sources' for injuries and that I mean.  He got it right with Demba Ba and Cabaye.

:thup:

SS preview for the Blackburn game rates him as doubtful for Stoke too. Hope this isn't one of those injuries where the comeback date gets pushed back and back as time passes! Happy to be super-precautious with any injury he has though. Stoke will try to bypass our midfield/the ground anyway, so maybe not the worst game in the world for him to miss.

Bit harsh on stoke in here. Granted they're not Barcelona but their play over the last 18 month or so has been a world away from that when they first came up. In truth we probably Ho long as much as they do whereas they do like to get it into box in the air from wide which is exactly what many of our fans really want us to do.

Bit harsh on stoke in here. Granted they're not Barcelona but their play over the last 18 month or so has been a world away from that when they first came up. In truth we probably Ho long as much as they do whereas they do like to get it into box in the air from wide which is exactly what many of our fans really want us to do.

I think we go long too often, but I'm not sure that bit in bold is accurate.