Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I f***ing hate that attitude, clubs are asking too much! It's almost like they don't want to sell their best players to Man U! I know we're victims of it too with Lille, but at least the player there did want to come to us, and don't really blame them for trying ot get us to pay through the nose

I don't think he's saying it as an attack on clubs over-pricing, surely he's simply stating that he doesn't agree with their valuations so won't be buying?

Well he can disagree all he likes...I know what you mean but it is the perogative of a club to try and keep hold of players and try and get as much money as possible for them, it's the entitlement of Man U that they should pick and choose all the talent from the league.

Anyway no need to discuss Tiote leaving yet because anyone who watched Sunday Supplement on sky will have seen the men who wrote the story and seen that they completely made it up. If you even needed confirmation.

Anita didn't come to sit on the bench - selling Tiote for at least a 10M profit fits in with what we know of Ashley. The fact the we also bought Bigi as an up and coming youngster it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Tiote is allowed to leave. We'll survive and I've little doubt that creatively Anita is a far better player. Just hope that his defensive play is up to the job in the PL - it was a very niaive challenge for the penalty yday.

Which is ?

That he buys at what he believes to be a good price, with sell on value and will sell when the price is right. I feel like I'm missing something with you feeling the need to ask.

Guest Mantis

Anyway no need to discuss Tiote leaving yet because anyone who watched Sunday Supplement on sky will have seen the men who wrote the story and seen that they completely made it up. If you even needed confirmation.

Not content with writing a load of shite everyday, they then talk as if they are in the know, when clearly they aren't. When talking about Tiote today, they didn't have a clue he'd recently signed a contract. "I know he is not in the last year of his contract" was the extent of the research of this bunch.

The club will have a price for him and I have thought for a while that it's only a matter of time before he is sold. I'd just prefer it not to be Arsenal, spurs, or the dippers.

What do we know about his injury? is it real or a smokescreen?

Sick of reading all of this supposition about him moving...

I don't think the injury is a smokescreen, we all saw him make that challenge early in the game and struggle on thru the match, while he may have ran it off and managed to see out the game i think the knock on effect could see him missing a week or so.

We don't need to sell him tho we're financially secure and his value isn't going down judging by how long left on his contract and his age, unless he really wouldn't play for us if we block a move we have absolutely no reason to sell imo

We don't need to sell him tho we're financially secure and his value isn't going down judging by how long left on his contract and his age, unless he really wouldn't play for us if we block a move we have absolutely no reason to sell imo

Would be daft to sell, especially to one of our rivals at this time.

What do we know about his injury? is it real or a smokescreen?

Sick of reading all of this supposition about him moving...

I don't think the injury is a smokescreen, we all saw him make that challenge early in the game and struggle on thru the match, while he may have ran it off and managed to see out the game i think the knock on effect could see him missing a week or so.

Yep, Pardew clicked 'keep on' and that always puts them out for a bit longer.

I would be absolutely gutted if we sold him last minute and I think it would be a sever blow to morale in the team. Thing is would Arsenal go above 15m for him??? I doubt it and I can't see us selling for less than 20m anyway. Arsenal also seem to have lost that bit as a team, they're not the attraction they used to be. A Chelsea of Man U coming in for him would be entirely different though imo.

Opta sports: "Since his debut, Newcastle have conceded 1.24 goals/game in matches Cheik Tiote has started compared to 1.83 goals/game without him.

Aye, but those games with Tiote are just dwindling atm. And those stats aren't helped by the fact that our hidings last season were partly due to losing Tiote to injury/ACoN.

Opta sports: "Since his debut, Newcastle have conceded 1.24 goals/game in matches Cheik Tiote has started compared to 1.83 goals/game without him.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1oh50lcV51r614uo.gif

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas

Quick titbit for you on Tiote. Spoke to someone close to him who claimed no bids, no interest & player wants to stay. Let's hope so... #nufc

11:48 PM - 27 Aug 12